Packing question

mizv

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are leaving for Disney next week. DH and I are going back and forth as to whether or not to pack a pair of jeans or a jacket.

First time trip, early June....what are the chances we would need something warm.

HELP!

Hi, we are leaving for Disney next week. DH and I are going back and forth as to whether or not to pack a pair of jeans or a jacket.

First time trip, early June....what are the chances we would need something warm.

HELP!

I usually go in August or September when it's still PLENTY hot and I always bring one pair of jeans and a hoodie. I KNOW I'm not going to need it but I still like to bring it. It makes me feel better, ya know, just in case. So, June: you most likely won't need it. But better safe than sorry. Who knows, right?

I am not trying to be funny, but h*ll is exactly what it can be like even in early June. We religiously go the first full week of June when DD gets out of school and I can say I NEVER, EVER needed a sweater, long sleeves or long pants ever!

If you would feel better, than bring one, but I get overheated so fast!

Diane:cool1:

A lightweight sweater/sweatshirt is always a good idea to have. The restaurants are often FREEZING especially compared to the extreme heat outside. If you are sweaty or wet from rides or get sunburned etc. the cold restaurants can be way too much of a good thing and a little covering is nice to have.

A lightweight sweater/sweatshirt is always a good idea to have. The restaurants are often FREEZING especially compared to the extreme heat outside. If you are sweaty or wet from rides or get sunburned etc. the cold restaurants can be way too much of a good thing and a little covering is nice to have.

with this. It's not an issue for me but my wife and daughter often have to where jackets for our evening meal.

I was there in May 10-16 and it was HOT. I was very happy I didnt pack my jeans which I originally planned on doing. I did bring a light sweater and only needed it once at dinner. I really doubt you will need the jeans but a light sweater isnt a bad idea. HAVE A GREAT TIME

Impossible question to answer, it's too personal. As soon as it hits about 40 F outside, I'm in a pair of shorts. How often does it get to 40 F in Florida in June?

This is the only reason I wore a sweater... Also the rest of my party often likes SUPER COLD A/C in the hotel so I wear a hoodie to bed. I'm thinking of just wearing a hoodie and jeans on the plane so I don't have to pack it :)

I'd bring a light sweater and maybe a pair of capris, but I HIGHLY doubt you will need them. I am the kind of person that is always cold and when I went last June (June 19 to be exact) it was too hot sometimes even for shorts haha! The only reason I'd even recommend a sweater is for an air conditioned restaurant and also because some of the buses are FREEZING, especially at night.

I'd bring a light sweater and maybe a pair of capris, but I HIGHLY doubt you will need them. I am the kind of person that is always cold and when I went last June (June 19 to be exact) it was too hot sometimes even for shorts haha! The only reason I'd even recommend a sweater is for an air conditioned restaurant and also because some of the buses are FREEZING, especially at night.

I agree completely. Outside temps in June will require shorts but, indoors some of the airconditioner temps can be chilly.

I've been in June many times over the past 15-20 years, and you will not need a sweater/jacket out doors, but you may need/want it in the buses or in some restaurants. One thing that has worked for me for years is a beach cover-up which is also a hoodie. I use it to get in and out of the pool, and I also use it in the evenings as a jacket.

As for jeans, you won't need them, but depending on how you feel about wearing long pants in the heat, they may come in useful.

I always take lightweight jeans and I find them very convenient. (I can sit on a metal bench and not get burned, for one thing.) As someone else said, it's a matter of personal taste.

We'll be there next Wednesday. Can hardly wait... :dance3:

I've been in June 4 out of the last 5 years. I don't take pants or sweatshirts. We don't wear them. Yes, I sometimes wished I had one in the restaurants and buses, but I don't want to lug it around the parks.

It is up to you. I guess it is always better to have one and not use it, then not have it and wish you has brought it. You know, you could always buy one if you need it. :lmao: Maybe that's why the keep the restaurants so cold, HUM????:confused3

I take one pair of pants when we go down in "winter" months (Nov-March). For the spring/summer, I have a water proof pull over that I take in case we get caught in a rain storm. No long pants, just the pull over.

oh I'd bring a pair or two of jeans I personally wear them all the time and you might find that with all the in and out of rides and stuff it's pretty chilly in the air conditioning. Also bring a hoodie sweatshirt just in case sometimes it feels a teensy bit chilly at night at the parades or fireworks.

I've never been to WDW in June, but I went in September. It was never cool outside, but when we got back to the hotel room each night it was freezing from the AC being on! Anytime I go somewhere and even if it's hot you never know how blasted the AC will be on at places so I'll always bring a sweatshirt to wear.

I think the only reason you would need it is if you are going to be inside an air conditioned building for an extended period of time. If you have a late dinner reservations on a rainy evening you might need a jacket while you are inside eating but you will not need one outside at all.

We just got back (May 10-23) and we were dying from the heat everywhere. It was 90-95 degrees the entire time we were there and even in the evening it was in the 70s.

I wear pants and have a lightweight jacket in my carryon when we fly. I get so cold that I just wear instead of being uncomfortable. But I never have actually needed them to wear once in DW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter