Packing Photo Mats ?????

Ajojo

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I leave in a few days on the Magic and last night I started to think about packing.

I have 2 11x14 photo mats for signatures. How should I pack these so they do not bend?

Thanks

:confused3

ours were 2 8x10's, but I slid them in the side pocket of our carry-on-along with our travel docs that I had in a folder. Since all were similar sizes, they kept each other from bending, and since they were in my carry-on, I could keep an eye on keeping them upright. That way, you can drop them off at Guest Services right away!

I just put mine in a large zip lock bag (I had an long narrow one) in my suitcase

2366533160074672119S600x600Q85.jpg

I've travelled several times with 11x14 mats. I've used a basic Target or grocery bag because I didn't have a zip loc big enough, and stored it in the outside pocket of our large softside suitcase. Haven't had a problem with them arriving wrinkled.

I had this delimna last year when we were on our honeymoon and had a bunch of paper stuff I didn't want to get wrinkled. I was at the pizza window at the Boardwalk when it suddenly hit me....a Pizza Box!! A real nice employee gave me an un-used pizza box, and it was perfect for keeping the stuff in without wrinkling it!!

OMG I love this mat and frame - where did you get it? what size is it?

That is a Great Mat-- I want one too!! Please where did you get it and what size:banana:

I picked this up at Michael's before our Vow Renewal cruise in 2007. You can use it either way, so make sure you decide which way you want it signed and then find a photo that is that way (landscape or horizontal).

I picked this up at Michael's before our Vow Renewal cruise in 2007. You can use it either way, so make sure you decide which way you want it signed and then find a photo that is that way (landscape or horizontal).

Okay. Stupid question. How do you tell them which direction to sign it if you are giving it to guest services?

Okay. Stupid question. How do you tell them which direction to sign it if you are giving it to guest services?

Not stupid at all. I put the mat with the markers I wanted used in a large (those really big) zip-lock bag. I put a note indicating which way to sign. I also put painters type (blue) tape around the edges so that they would not sign all the way to the edge, which would be hidden by the frame.

Not stupid at all. I put the mat with the markers I wanted used in a large (those really big) zip-lock bag. I put a note indicating which way to sign. I also put painters type (blue) tape around the edges so that they would not sign all the way to the edge, which would be hidden by the frame.

Brilliant advise about the tape - I never would have thougth about it, but I have seen others once they are in the frame and some the signatures got cut off a bit. Thanks for sharing.

No problem at all. I have found so many wonderful tips here on the Dis! I love when I can share some of them.

Originally Posted by nnyl_irret
OMG I love this mat and frame - where did you get it? what size is it?

Originally Posted by Disney-Brat
That is a Great Mat-- I want one too!! Please where did you get it and what size

The other day,I saw quite a few different sizes of this frame at Bed bath and Beyond also.

Why do you have to give the frame to Guest Services

You give the mat (leave the frame and glass at home) to guest services for it to be signed. Characters are available throughout the cruise, but mostly photo ops. They don't have time the time to be signing to many items. So they take care of this 'behind the scenes'

If you are using the painters tape, you could write "TOP" to show them which way to orient it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter