Packing Lists

kcarl021

Mouseketeer
I know this has been done a million times already but I wanted to ask again. Who has the best packing list? I saw one last year that was way too large and I completely overpacked. I do not want to do that again this year. The only real unusual items I remember I needed (and was glad that I packed) were the nightlight/airfreshner for the bathroom, an extension cord, and a clothes line and clothes pins. But I think I am forgetting things and would love a good list!

Thanks!

event.png

[/url]

kcarl021 said:
I know this has been done a million times already but I wanted to ask again. Who has the best packing list? I saw one last year that was way too large and I completely overpacked. I do not want to do that again this year. The only real unusual items I remember I needed (and was glad that I packed) were the nightlight/airfreshner for the bathroom, an extension cord, and a clothes line and clothes pins. But I think I am forgetting things and would love a good list!

You listed exactly the same things that i was glad to have--the nightlight especially because we book an inside room (we are in our room so little it is foolish to pay more for a bigger room -- and with it being so dark, we can really sleep well anytime we want, but stubbed toes without the night light still hurt -- we kept the bathroom door closed so it was only a small sliver of light under the door, but was nice once insode the bathroom!)

ANYWAY! I want to add a couple of things to the do not forget list: ziplock bags for thoses sandy shoes after a day at Serenity Bay, and also for small items picked up as mementos -- matchbooks, shells, leaves, stones, confetti from the parties onboard, and what have you. Your Disney lanyard to keep your key to the world in (of course you can buy one onboard, too). Battery chargers or spare batteries for your cameras (digital camera owners bring all the memory cards you can get your hands on -- Personally I'm aiming to have 5 gigs of memory by the time I have my next cruise!)

I'm no expert - this will be our first cruise! But I've been compiling a list based on recommendations here. It'll probably need to be pared back considerably but this is what I have on my list at the moment...

In the carryon:
Paperwork (passport/birth certificate, extra copy of b/c, agen info/conf. #s, list of Credit Cardss & contacts in case of theft); my door magnets, Addresses for post cards, Return Address Labels for luggage tags, Envelope: $30 in $2 bills for room service (other misc cash will be carried by dh), the kids' autograph ooks, pens for autographs, highlighter & pen for me, water bottle(s); Medicines (Prescriptions, Benadryl, Kids Pepto, Gaviscon, Tylenol and/or Advil, Dramamine/Sea Bands, Bandaids, Neosporin, Bactine); Sunglasses; jewelry; camera(s) - cards & batteries; sunscreen; Wipes; Pillowcases & Pens (to take to guest services to be autographed)

Packed in the luggage:
lysol, wrinkle releaser, damp rid, dryer sheets, detergents - dish & woolite,
suction hooks, disposable camera(s), powerstrip, binoculars, extra water bottles, beach bag & sand toys, hair dryer?, bags for dirty clothes, extra ziplocks

I'm trying to think of everything and take all the advice I can get...I'm probably over-thinking it.

I always bring along hand sanatizing wipes.

About Lysol and other things like that... don't they have the potential of "blowing up" on an airplane? I haven't flown in ages, but I think someone told me the pressure can cause the can to burst?

tynkerbell said:

About Lysol and other things like that... don't they have the potential of "blowing up" on an airplane? I haven't flown in ages, but I think someone told me the pressure can cause the can to burst?

yea, I've heard that...good thing we're driving. If anyone's on my cruise and flying, let me know, I'll bring you a can. ;)

tynkerbell said:

I think the Lysol would be OK, they do put pets in the cargo hold so I assume that is pressurized in there, which means it won't explode.

Brett

I just recalled another tip: a soft, hanging shoe storage system that you can pack into your luggage (flat and light) works great for holding cameras, sunglasses, toiletries (there's really no room in the bathroom), and even your shoes. It really keeps the stateroom clutter free and makes finding the little things easy. I like the in the closet kind, but someone else recommended the kind that hags on the back of the door and that way all the little clutter items that are important for a day out (sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.) are staring you in the face when you walk out the door and you're less likely to forget things.

Regarding disinfectants: I've seen soft packs like the soft tissue packs. These are easy to carry even on the plane. Anyone read that study that indicated that airline lavatories are essentially huge petri dishes for all kinds of bad little bugs and whatnot.

I've long carried little home-made anti-microbial wipes by soaking a paper towel with bleach solution and putting one per baggie, then a bunch of baggies in a bigger baggie. When I use one, I open it, turn the pastic bag inside out over my hand, wipe the offending surfaces, rebagging the paper towel and disposing of it in the trash. (You do need to use a paper towel to dry the surfaces before you contact them with your skin) :rose:

I like the wipe idea. I wish there were a way to ensure I could take lysol though without it exploding on the plane... I'm neurotic about spraying down beds in hotels and such. Maybe I'll try to find a store somewhere near the airport when we get into Florida. We're arriving a day early.

ok powerstrip question - i cruised last year with an extension cord and not a powerstrip. don't those normally have three prongs? Did the outlets have three prongs? I can't recall. I would LOVE a powerstrip instead (so many more outlets) but I would hate to bring it if I can't use it. Anyone know?

jk8 said:
Why would you need DampRid? Forgive me I'm new.

I'm not sure, I'm a first timer (and it was me that mentioned the Damp Rid above). When we went to the Bahamas we stayed at a very nice AIR but just being that close to the water, just the climate there, feels like any time I've ever been in a beach house - DAMP...and it just bugs me. When we went to Jamaica I didn't feel it but we stayed in a resort that had literally been open for about six weeks. I'm just imagining that between the water, water, everywhere, wet bathing suits and towels...it's going to have that feeling and I want to be prepared. I'm probably hyper sensitive to it, everyone has things that just BUG them that maybe other people don't notice, but that's one of my biggies.

vfb2girls said:
So is a powerstrip necessary? Just how many outlets are there in a cabin?

Not many outlets in the cabin, maybe two inthe main area and one in the bathroom. But while someone was getting a shower I got ready in the main room and needed the extension cord to plug in my hair dryer and my curling iron. But I also charged my cell phone so I could use it when we got back so I guess you might not REALLY need it, but it sure made it easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter