Packing for 3, what would you leave at home?

When I started planning our trip to WDW 5 months ago I was very excited. I immediately began stockpiling all of the useful items I came across in various posts, ultimate packing lists and videos and now I have quite a collection.
s
The list is long, medicines and first aid stuff, Disney t-shirts and sock, play packs for keeping kiddos entertained, glow sticks, night lights for room, lanyards, pins for trading from ebay and autograph book, (have to be prepared tho my son will have no interest in either, not sure why I insisted) LED candles for fun, room spray to scent up the place and create a memory, Lysol wipes, antibacterial wipes and gel, a shoe rack, a hanging shelf rack, some hangers, extension cords, folding baskets for room organization, various bubble baths, string lights and decorations for room, and all of those stuffed animal for in room surprises.

And don't forget the new Wookie backpack with R2D2 lunch tote and stormtrooper coin purse, filled with stuff my son doesn't need but in my excitement I thought would be really fun, themed snacks, astronaut ice cream (why?) tattoos, crayons and stickers, more glow lights (I bought separate themed ones for each park)...most of it Star Wars themed with toys to match when our son has no idea yet what it is...including light sabers for all 3 of us.

Last night I was trying to find a spot for the big bag of candy I thought for some reason we'd want...uh, we don't really eat candy at home, why would I start? Especially with turkey legs and cupcakes around every turn? It came to me that I don't actually have to bring this all with me. I had the best of intentions, but I'm second guessing myself now. Especially since all the stuff I've gathered already fills a suitcase. And then there's all the clothes (have to pack for cold and warm weather) and shoes, the electronics and extra batteries, AND all the items we do actually need, as well as our big bag of snacks/breakfasts.

I've already decided that big bag of candy is going to work with me instead, but if it were you, what else would you leave at home?

I will fully admit to being a light packer. Out of everything on your list, the stuff highlighted in red is the only stuff we've ever brought in many trips with children of all ages.
I only bring prescription meds. First aid is wonderful if you need band-aids, ibuprofen, stuff for the weird rash on your legs from the sun etc...

We bring clothes (with outfits rolled together so we can just pick out an outfit from the drawer), toiletries, sunblock, and electronics/ chargers etc... When you have to pack for a wide range of weather (traveling in winter), we find it best to pack a few versatile things that can be layered. Also, if we are going for 7 days, I don't pack 7 pairs of pants and 7 pairs of shorts for everyone. I just bring a few of each and then do laundry on a resort day.

For toys/ entertainment, my rule has always been that anyone ages 4 and up manages their own backpack/ carry-on. If the toy can fit in your bag and you can carry the bag, it can come. We've never brought entertainment into the parks with us. The kids always did bring a special stuffed animal or two with them and left them out in the room because they liked to see what the Mousekeepers would do with them.

* The only time we broke our rules and brought extra with us, was when we were there over Christmas. We brought 2, 12 inch Christmas trees, a handful of ornaments for the trees, window clings, our stockings, and some candy for the stockings.

Since you are bringing night lights I would leave the LED candles at home. Also, I would bring either the antibacterial wipes or hand sanitizing gel, not both. I would also forget about the air freshener/room spray since you are bringing Lysol spray. It seems like there are quite a few things on your packing list that can cancel something else out. Other than that have a magical trip :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter