packing for 3 kids tip!

2minny

DIS Veteran
We are packed and leaving tomorrow. My husband is laughing because I packed my three girls in one suitcase, I put each child's outfit for each day in a gallon size ziploc (shirt, shorts, panties, socks and hairbow). I labeled each ziploc, Megan/Monday, etc. That way when we get there, they grab a baggie each day and they're set...no fumbling through clothes, trying to find something to match. I did this when my oldest went to pre-teen camp with the church, it worked out great and seems to save some room in the suitcase when you push the air out of the ziploc! Just wanted to pass on the idea! As you can see, we hit it hard in the mornings, we open and close the parks :)

That's a great idea. I will have to remember it when my daughter gets older. Right now we need to pack her regular clothes, extra clothes, burp clothes, diapers, wipes, .... she needs a suitcase and diaper bag all to herself.

OMG that is a great idea. I too have 3 girls and that would save so much time and it seems like it will make packing easier. WOW that is great... and my DH says I am organized you bet me hands down.

:upsidedow

I read a tip to pack your kids clothes in a zip lock bags last summer for our trip to WDW. It worked great!! I have two boys and I bought the two gallon zip lock bags and packed both boys in one bag. I labeled the bag for each day. When that day came I took it out and tossed it on the bed and they had everything they needed.

My husband gets a kick out of this and says I'm over organized but I saved a lot of time.

We did the same thing last week. I packed all 3 kid's outfits in one bag. It was so much easier than going through clothes the night before or the morning before heading out. My dh thought I was nuts, but it worked out wonderfully and was a big time saver.

I also use ziplocks for packing-they're great !
I think the DH's that laugh or think we're nuts are just mad because they did not think of it LOL:p !

Just finshed packing my three kids clothing in ziplock bags( yes i have a few weeks left to go but i like to get a head start ) my girls helped and loved it .. they thought it was the coolest ides ever .. and it helps to let them know what exactly they are wearing as my oldest tends to want to choose her own attire but yes this idea works great .. whoever came up with it deserves a huge hug from all moms :grouphug:

I too am a Zip-loc user!!!!!!
We have used this method the past 2 trips and I LOVE IT! (Probably the best tip I ever got!) Each kid can grab a bag and go get dressed by themselves so I can get myself ready along with the backpack for the day! (I even do it for my husband so he puts the right shirt with the right shorts! LOL!):hyper:

We did it for the last trip and are doing it for the next one. It works! No fussing--no time wasted!

Del:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter