packing food in your suitcase!!

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I appreciate that meat, dairy, fruit & veg are not allowed and I am happy to comply with that but our youngest DS is a nightmare when it comes to mealtimes, there is so much more that he won't eat than he will, so I am planning to take some of his favourite's with me to make life easier - like cereal bars, there are only certain ones he would even consider eating, and a soya mix from Sainsbury's for spaghetti bolognaise - you can just forget making from scratch with meat if you want him to eat it - now will these items pose a problem if I am stopped, should I declare them or just play ignorant! anyone had any experiences. Oh, I'm taking my trusty tbags as well, but I always take those cause US ones just ain't the same.

I took cereal bars and snacks in my suitcase last year. I am sur eyou will have no problems.

Don't risk not declaring them. If you are caught out trying to hide something it will be time consuming and embarrasing, not the best way to start a holiday.
So long as you have no fresh fruit and veg dairy etc.& no products containing meat you should be ok. Baked goods are fine but not sure about soya. Does that come under processed or raw:confused:
I'm sure you could buy it there. All the big supermarkets have websites where products are listed and most have great recipe ideas as well. Try Publix.com Winn Dixie.com or whatever your favourite is. You could then check which products are available there and save yourself a lot of worry.
I seem to take less each year as more & more UK products are becoming available especially around the Resort areas. I would rather pay a few cents more when I get there & have lighter suitcases.
Carol:wave2:

Snookhams,

I agree about the t-bags. As wonderful as Florida is, you absolutely cannot get a proper cup of tea anywhere. I will also be bringing my own t-bags - I have forgotten in previous years and it's the one thing I really really miss when I am away!!

:flower1:

In hand luggage thought they seem to be stricter - and no food is allowed and only unopened soft drinks. So it's best to make sure it's all eaten before you get off as the stewardesses will probably take it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter