PACKING ADVICE: Tell me one thing you never pack, or an unusual must-pack items?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by quarkwright, Jun 2, 2013.

1. texasgirl29

texasgirl29 Mouseketeer

Excedrin Migraine OTC medicine. Unfortunately, I tend to wake up with a migraine on occasion, and I don't want to go hunting for it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. canadakath

canadakath Mouseketeer

We do this too - saw it on these boards before we left on our first cruise and it was SO useful! We didn't have any issues with the room steward taking it, but it's a good idea to put your name/room number on it.

Also this time we will be packing a small flashlight - after reading about the loss of power at night on the Grandeur during the fire.

I will NOT be packing as many snacks this time - there is way too much food available on the boat! Will still need some for the plane ride over to Europe, but we'll have plenty of food on the boat and will be doing gelato everywhere we go for excursions :)

4. tluther5406

tluther5406 Mouseketeer

Instead of the pop up hamper for laundry, we use the Ziploc Big Bags XL or XXL. They pretty much work like space saver bags. Once full, you can sit on the bag to get all the air out. The dirty clothes take up much less space going back than the clean clothes coming thus leaving room for purchases!

If you have a sensitive stomach, Immodium is always a good idea. I have read on the boards that the infirmary will quarantine you to your room if you go there instead.

5. wgeo

wgeo That's the kind of day where you can't open your m

I thought that Bonine type medicine was available for free on the ships? :confused3:

6. wehavesix

wehavesix DIS Veteran

Just want to say that there was a jarful of disposable razors in the ladies locker room in the spa. Dh didn't notice if there were any in the men's locker room. But I would think there would be. He just didn't notice.

I brought insulated cups but ended up buying a new Tervis in one of the shops anyway. I don't care for the shampoo but dh and my teen boys were fine with it. I brought my own and my own body wash. I also always bring a cheap nylon puff to use with body wash. Then I just toss it in the trash at the end of the trip. A small can of air freshener is a MUST. Especially when sharing a room with teen boys! Phew!

7. Shelley Chiarats

Shelley Chiarats Mouseketeer

I will bite on this one. I also take one of the mini pillows with me but I take it on any and all vacations. I won't say I can't sleep without one but I so prefer to have the mini pillow to tuck under my chin.:upsidedow

8. ChipnDalePals

ChipnDalePals Earning My Ears

We have been on 10 DCL and have paired our packing down quite a bit. I do like having my own beach towels and towel clips. Helps me locate our chairs! I always bring an umbrella. I definitely bring Tervis tumblers with lids. Be sure to bring cups to CC. They do not have lids for drink cups on CC. Don't forget attire for Pirate Night. Most people really go all out. I also bring a small medicine bag with essentials. Have never brought any organizers. Shoes can be lined up under the bed. Power cord is a great idea.

9. Fantasiesabound

Fantasiesabound Mouseketeer

Tide stick.

I am total slob down my front all the time, add cruise to the mix and I am a mess on a regular basis. I keep it in my front pocket of my travel purse that comes to the dinners with me.

I find it works way better than the wipes which make my slobbiness a little tooo obvious.

...speaking of which....

Small sling purse

or some other unobtrusive bag to carry with you to dinner that will hold camera, stuff, navigator, stuff, iThingie, stuff, WAVE PHONE, and random stuff. You will accumulate it, you will want it with you irrationally, so plan for it.

Lots and lots of bathing suit cover ups and slip over dresses that are no fuss no muss.

Your waist line will bulge, will do things that no spanx can handle...plan for it, and be comfortable.

10. jenf22

jenf22 DIS Veteran

The things we wished we had from our first cruise and loved having on our second:

- Liquid soap with a pump dispenser. A 5-year old can make a huge mess with a bar of soap when washing hands.
    - Good tissues. The box got kind of crushed in the suitcase, but we all appreciated nice tissues in Alaska when we came in from the cold.
    - Cold medicine. Best guarantee to not get sick is to bring all that stuff from home! :rotfl2:
    - Our own cups for the drink station. We used the ones we got from the dining plan at Disney.

11. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

I second the sling bag or small tote for carrying things!

We also brought sippy cups for DS, and some liquid dish soap to wash them and our travel cups at night for the next day!

12. disneygirls13

disneygirls13 Earning My Ears

Do pack: Medicine. Whether it be cough drops and Motrin or Advil. I was sick on my vacation last August, and had to of spent seventy five dollars on just cough drops and pain reliever. And weeks before your cruise, remember to keep the family away from sickness, and take lots of vitamins. Nothing is worse than being sick on your vacation!

Also, remember sneakers! Nobody in my family remembered them and we wanted to jog the track around the ship, but all we have were flip flops!