• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Packet pickup logistics

scarlet_ibis

"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"
It looks like race packet pickup for the Disney Princess 5k is only on Thursday from 10am-8pm at WWS.

I'm looking at my FP+ and dinner reservation at MK... I have approximately a 3 hour window.

I think I have to take a bus from MK to Pop/Caribbean Beach/All Star resort then catch another bus to WWS that will leave on the hours and half hours. I have no concept of what the travel time is going to be like. Is this even going to be possible to do? And get back to BOG at the end of it all?!?! Stinks to blow a whole afternoon just to pick up the race packet, but I won't have a car on Thursday.

Do you already have plans for the morning that you couldn't just start with picking up your packet and then make your way to the Magic Kingdom for the afternoon and evening? I don't recall having seen any park buses from the expo, so I believe you'd still have to go back to your resort to hop on transportation to MK, but may at least seem more convenient than interrupting your afternoon or worrying about any bus delays possibly interfering with your dinner reservation.

With such a tight schedule, I'd strongly consider a cab. Except that you're going to pay for waiting time due to the parking situation. Hmm.

... catch another bus to WWS that will leave on the hours and half hours.

Unless it's something special they do for Princess, I haven't experienced timed buses from resorts to WWS. They just seem to come when they come, and I haven't had to wait half an hour or more for them.

I think our FP+ start around 9:30am so that makes morning difficult but maybe easier if I do end up having to use a cab. any idea what the fare would be?

If all resorts are host resorts, instead of going back to YOUR resort, take the monorail to the first stop (Contemporary?) and catch a bus to WWOS from there.

It's my understanding from what I was reading today, that busses only run to WWS from those three resorts (all star, pop, CBR). I'm not going back to my resort (BWV). But I think I have to go MK->CBR (or wherever)->WWS and then do the reverse to get back.

If the expo doesn't open until 10, there's really no way for me to get back for my 9:40-10:40 FP+. Only the Barnstormer, though.

All resorts are host resorts for Princess weekend. They all have the WWoS transportation.

"Princess Half Marathon Weekend transportation has been arranged for Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Resort hotels including Shades of Green® and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort."

And when you go to Transportation on the rundisney site, for Princess's resorts you're just taken to the main WDW site. For a more restrictive race you are taken to a list of resorts (check out the one for EE to see the difference).

So I agree, all are host resorts. The CR suggestion is a really good one.

For me, our last year's Disney trips were all based around the runs. For the runs you must have a bib. For the bib you must go to expo. So our trips are based around the schedule I require to take part in what we've paid so much money for. For me, I would change the early FP+s, hit the expo early, then go on back and meet your family.

I guess I was confused by that. Now that I have downloaded the race weekend program, I see the language about host resorts. Everything else made it sound like that was only available on race day.

I think I'll probably just end up skipping the Barnstormer. These FP+ are such a hassle.

I hesitate to push the FP+ later, because I understand that you have to use all three of them in order to be able to make more.

I hesitate to push the FP+ later, because I understand that you have to use all three of them in order to be able to make more.
You can modify the time of just the Barnstormer fp+ without touching the others. I would do that and start the day at the expo. Back and forth would be a hassle, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter