Packages - help please!

TaliaLovesChris

Earning My Ears
I will be going to WDW this july for our honeymoon, staying at AKL for a week. We have so far just reserved the dream maker package, and are trying to decide between the Romance plan vs the silver/gold, etc plans. What are your thoughts?

Well, first of all, what is the difference? I know that with the romance package, you get a horse drawn carriage ride, a dinner and a choice of golf or a spa treatment.
To me-that all sounds really cool

I decided to go ahead and check AAA.com and, personally, I think you get a better deal doing a silver/gold package. You get a wish every day that you are there and you have soo many to choose from. You can also get the things that the romance package offers with the exception of the carriage ride, but if you really want to do that, I believe it is only 30.00.
Have you checked out the PS calculator at Echoear? You should definitely take a look at that for all those "extra" things.:wave:

We went on the Silver Package last Feb. for our wedding/honeymoon, and went on the Gold Package this past Jan. We were pleased with both and saved $ over booking everything separately. We saved around $1000 this year, but did a lot!!!!!! Let me know if you want more info. I think it can be very worthwhile if you put enough planning into it (and like planning everything). HTH:D

Hi Diswedwish,
I was also on the fence about these packages. One thing to remember is that while the romance package is a flat fee added on to your package, the gold/silver add on is an additional fee added on per person each night. When I broke it down, I didn't find that it was all that great of a deal. There is SOOO much to do in WDW that I didn't think that I would have the time to enjoy the extra's. And all most all the extras you can purchase with out adding the gold/silver or romance package. The only way this may be beneficial (IMO) is if you and DH plan to eat very expensive meals everyday. Than it may be worth it just for the meals that you would be saving on. But if I remember correctly the plan that includes the meals only includes 2 meals per day per person. Do you think that you will really spend over $100 per day per person on two meals? Well I am just giving you something to think about. I wouldn't want you to pay extra for things that may not benefit you , or that you could just purchase cheaper alone (with out a package add on).
Hope I didn't confuse you more... Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter