Package Plus Extra Day Question

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
I booked a 1 day stay at the Yacht Club with 4 day park hoppers. We pla to move offsite. I decided to add a day so I have been trying to get an additional room but it was booked up, until tonight. I managed to get an additional night. So, the itinerary has us checking out at 11 am Saturday and checking back in at 3:00 pm. Will that be necessary? Both are Woods or Garden view.
Thanks!

Since they are 2 separate reservations yes you do need to check out and check in.
Its most likely that you are not staying in the same exact room so you need to completely clear out of it.

Thanks! What a pain though. We have 8 am ADRs at GG, so we either need to get up even earlier, or leave the park before 11 to take care of it. Either way, not a good scenario. I had booked it to make life easier so I may end up cancelling.
Thanks, though. It helps in my decision.

Thanks! What a pain though. We have 8 am ADRs at GG, so we either need to get up even earlier, or leave the park before 11 to take care of it. Either way, not a good scenario. I had booked it to make life easier so I may end up cancelling.
Thanks, though. It helps in my decision.

This is why most people that do a "split stay" do so on a free day.
But you should be able to store your luggage at bell services so it really shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Call Disney res and have your reservations linked and the second noted as a "continuing reservation". They can do this as long as the lead name and room type are the same, of course at the same resort. No guarantees, but gives the room assigners a heads up and they might assign you to stay in the room if they can.

When you check in the front desk your first day they should be able to tell you if you will have to switch or not so at least you will be prepared. If you do keep the same room you will still have to check out/check in the next morning but can do it all at one time for the paperwork and MB links. and you would not have to store your stuff and transfer rooms.

My experience with this has been 50/50, and it's not something you can verify ahead of time. And be aware sometimes housekeeping does not get the update and will knock and ask when you are vacating the room after your first night. It's happened to me a couple of times, now I get proactive and call the housekeeping dept. from my room phone to alert them after I've done the second check in that I am not checking out today.

Thanks! I have already lost 1 1/2 hours of sleep over this; I woke up in the wee hours and started thinking about this and couldn't go back to sleep, lol. The problem is really going to be my husband. He hates spending money, especially when we have another perfectly good room 1 mile down the road, so if he doesn't see any real benefit to staying an extra night, he'll balk at spending another $300.00. I will discuss it with him and see what he says. I was so excited; this really burst my bubble. I will also call and see what they say, but I will not touch my previous reservation for fear of it having to be cancelled and losing my fps. I have heard of this happening. My issue is that I have plans up until my FEA fp at 1:20, when I was going to ride this then head over to the car and go check in at the new condo. I really don't know what to do but I have a week to figure it out.
Thanks everyone!

Thanks! I have already lost 1 1/2 hours of sleep over this; I woke up in the wee hours and started thinking about this and couldn't go back to sleep, lol. The problem is really going to be my husband. He hates spending money, especially when we have another perfectly good room 1 mile down the road, so if he doesn't see any real benefit to staying an extra night, he'll balk at spending another $300.00. I will discuss it with him and see what he says. I was so excited; this really burst my bubble. I will also call and see what they say, but I will not touch my previous reservation for fear of it having to be cancelled and losing my fps. I have heard of this happening. My issue is that I have plans up until my FEA fp at 1:20, when I was going to ride this then head over to the car and go check in at the new condo. I really don't know what to do but I have a week to figure it out.
Thanks everyone!
We had 2 reservations at OKW in June. One for 1 night and 1 for 5 nights. When we checked in, we indicated that we preferred not to move. They put us in a room where we did not have to move and we checked back in via MDE on the way to the park the next morning. Never had to go to the front desk. It went very smoothly. My brother and his family had the same reservation and did the exact same thing with no problem.

We had 2 reservations at OKW in June. One for 1 night and 1 for 5 nights. When we checked in, we indicated that we preferred not to move. They put us in a room where we did not have to move and we checked back in via MDE on the way to the park the next morning. Never had to go to the front desk. It went very smoothly. My brother and his family had the same reservation and did the exact same thing with no problem.
Yes, I actually this morning took the advice of tinka-belle and called to link them. They are linked (with no guarantee) but since they are both the same room type, she said it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. We'll see. I still have time to think about it but I'm glad I called.

Call Disney res and have your reservations linked and the second noted as a "continuing reservation". They can do this as long as the lead name and room type are the same, of course at the same resort. No guarantees, but gives the room assigners a heads up and they might assign you to stay in the room if they can.

When you check in the front desk your first day they should be able to tell you if you will have to switch or not so at least you will be prepared. If you do keep the same room you will still have to check out/check in the next morning but can do it all at one time for the paperwork and MB links. and you would not have to store your stuff and transfer rooms.

My experience with this has been 50/50, and it's not something you can verify ahead of time. And be aware sometimes housekeeping does not get the update and will knock and ask when you are vacating the room after your first night. It's happened to me a couple of times, now I get proactive and call the housekeeping dept. from my room phone to alert them after I've done the second check in that I am not checking out today.

Yes, to all of this.

I have already lost 1 1/2 hours of sleep over this

Dont do that.

He hates spending money, especially when we have another perfectly good room 1 mile down the road, so if he doesn't see any real benefit to staying an extra night, he'll balk at spending another $300.00.

If you have the condo for that day, why are you booking another hotel room?

Stayed at the Poly several years ago on the one trip we drove down from NY on. Decided to add an additional night to our stay. Before Magic Bands, I had to bring down my party's 4 card keys and do a check-out/check-in. Took no real time at all.

Yes, to all of this.

Dont do that.

If you have the condo for that day, why are you booking another hotel room?
We are arriving on the 16th, and have DHS scheduled from around 2:00 pm that day until EMH, including the Star Wars Dessert Party. The next morning, we have an 8 am ADR at the Garden Grill, with fps until around 1:30. The next day (Sunday) we have MNSSHP tickets, so we don't have to be at MK until 4 or after, so I thought it would be so easy to just get up Saturday morning, head over to Epcot, enjoy our plans and break around 2:00. This would be when we would head to our condo - instead, we could chill our at the Yacht club then head over for the evening events. Otherwise, we'd have to get up and check out/put our bag in the car, then head to the 8 am ADR. It just seemed easier, but I'm beginning to wonder. I got a great rate on the room. When I checked, it was $422.00 or something like that, and I put in the Fall discount and it took the price down to $280.00. Add taxes and it's just over $300.00. Then, we would be at our leisure to check in to the condo on Sunday since technically we were "already there", and we don't have to be at MK until later.

Now I have another question: since I linked the reservation on MDE, will it affect my package if I decide to cancel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter