package holiday v flights and accomodation

lisaj

DIS Veteran
OK so we've always done the package tour thing, don't want anything this time except for accomodation and flights (no car hire etc) what are the pros and cons of us booking flights and accomodation independently (other than the obvious difference in cost)?

I'm sure I read somewhere that if fuel surcharges etc are added later it is swallowed up by the operator on a package holiday. am I right?

Thanks

We are going DIY next year for the first time and initial reserach suggests financially this is much better for us. We cannot book our flights until 11 months out but Disers have reassured us about availability. We will be looking to book in June for flights ann Acc.

Rob

I have booked seperate on 2 occasions and it did work out cheaper 4/5 years ago but flight prices have gone up big time. I have heard on tv , simon calder i think , saying that a package deal offers more protection.

I've just booked for Sept 09

I looked at booking seperately but it worked out I would have had to find 4 flights for a total of £1600 so I decided to book a package.

I then found out I got 10% off the total cost of the holiday and park tickets (less fuel charges/taxes) just by having my Virgin mastercard so saved even more! :thumbsup2

Next time I think I will look into renting points and doing it that way.

Thanks for the advice, I have bitten the bullet and booked a package this afternoon, just need to get my new ticker sorted out!

We are going DIY next year for the first time and initial reserach suggests financially this is much better for us. We cannot book our flights until 11 months out but Disers have reassured us about availability. We will be looking to book in June for flights ann Acc.

Rob

If you book a fly-drive you can book more than 11 months in advance. You don't have to use the car offered with the fly-drive; you can arrange your own if it's cheaper or just not collect it if you are not driving :)

Thanks for the advice, I have bitten the bullet and booked a package this afternoon, just need to get my new ticker sorted out!

Hi Lisa,

Just wondering who you have booked with ?

We are planning to go next May, and prices seem to be all over the place .

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter