• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Package delivery to hotels

May 7, 2023
Hi everyone, any update on if/when park purchases delivered to resorts will be instated?
Shipping to home is certainly not user-friendly for us Canadians, the shipping cost and then the customs fees at the border would be insane.
Really hoping they bring this back. I can only imagine how much money Disney has lost in park purchases as people will not/cannot walk around all day with their packages.
I know the next time I go, if it's not something I can put in my purse, that is not heavy or breakable, then I will not be buying it.
Thanks ahead time for your responses.

May 7, 2023
Hi everyone, any update on if/when park purchases delivered to resorts will be instated?
Shipping to home is certainly not user-friendly for us Canadians, the shipping cost and then the customs fees at the border would be insane.
Really hoping they bring this back. I can only imagine how much money Disney has lost in park purchases as people will not/cannot walk around all day with their packages.
I know the next time I go, if it's not something I can put in my purse, that is not heavy or breakable, then I will not be buying it.
Thanks ahead time for your responses.

I'm not so sure that it's impacting sales. From what I'm hearing, sales are up.

Not when we were there a couple of weeks ago. It would have been nice. Not easy carrying a saber and droid from HS.

Morning! So related question...Disneyland, pre-COVID, would hold purchases at the front gate until you were ready to exit the park, is this something WDW is doing/offering? I have no idea if Disneyland is still doing but am going to WDW in the fall and wondering. Thanks :)

I think it was very costly.
CM's at parks, resorts
Transportation within parks, then get items to resorts.
The pandemic allowed Disney to cut services that hurt the bottom line.

Morning! So related question...Disneyland, pre-COVID, would hold purchases at the front gate until you were ready to exit the park, is this something WDW is doing/offering? I have no idea if Disneyland is still doing but am going to WDW in the fall and wondering. Thanks :)
Nothing at WDW. Disneyland brought back package delivery to their hotels some months back. I’m optimistic if they see a slowdown in merch sales or hotel bookings at WDW we might see it return.

In EPCOT, delivery to the main gate or International Gateway was offered during the Festival of the Arts - at least for the artwork (& it didn't have to be a framed or especially large piece). I didn't try it when purchasing any "regular" items like a t-shirt or plush. I am still holding out hope that this service (as well as delivery to the resorts) returns more broadly. It's certainly curbed my shopping habits as I loathe lugging bags around all day.

last time we were at DW it was 2019 and you could get your merchandise delivered to your resorts gift shop. I know it went away during COVID. We will be down again in a few months and I cant seem to see if they brought this back after covid

has this service come back. We live in Canada so I don’t want to shop this back home because I assume it will cost a lot

No. Not to the resort nor to the front of the park for you to pick up as you exit.

No, and they are losing business because of it, I don't know why they haven't brought it back.

ya i can see how they can lost business on that because i don't want to carry things around with me all day

good thing we have a Disney Springs day where i plan do to most of my shopping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter