Package Delivery to Boardwalk Villas

MelissaRV

Earning My Ears
I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct location, but I am hopeful someone will be able to answer this for me. This will be our first DVC trip. We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas. In the past we have stayed at POR, Wilderness Lodge etc and have always shipped packages to ourselves with snack, toiletries etc. Is this still an option when staying here? Is there a fee involved? In the past we have not had to pay anything in order to do this. I just want to be prepared and know what to expect. I'm not very good with surprises. :)

You can ship something to the resort- since the Boardwalk is a convention hotel the package will be recieved at the convention center and be subject to their charges (around $10/box last I knew). In addition you will only be able to pick it up during the hours the shipping center is open - if there is no convention going on it is generally 9 to 5 during the week and less hours on weekends.

You can ship something to the resort- since the Boardwalk is a convention hotel the package will be recieved at the convention center and be subject to their charges (around $10/box last I knew). In addition you will only be able to pick it up during the hours the shipping center is open - if there is no convention going on it is generally 9 to 5 during the week and less hours on weekends.
Both times I've had something shipped to BWV, this was my experience. I could only pick up from the convention center mail room between 9am-5pm, and I paid a $10 fee. My packages were quite heavy though, as they were mostly bottled water.

This is my problem coming up in a couple of weeks. We want to ship an inflatable mattress for my daughter as the fifth person in our one bedroom, but we don't arrive until about 7:30pm. I'm thinking maybe she could just sleep on the floor or squoosh in with us for the first night but I'm hesitant. She's 11 and will not be thrilled with the situation. Has anyone tried calling ahead to have the item moved from the Business Center to the Front Desk or Bell Services? I'm guessing you have to sign for you package so this is a no go. Inconvenient for sure, but we'll live. :)

This is my problem coming up in a couple of weeks. We want to ship an inflatable mattress for my daughter as the fifth person in our one bedroom, but we don't arrive until about 7:30pm. I'm thinking maybe she could just sleep on the floor or squoosh in with us for the first night but I'm hesitant. She's 11 and will not be thrilled with the situation. Has anyone tried calling ahead to have the item moved from the Business Center to the Front Desk or Bell Services? I'm guessing you have to sign for you package so this is a no go. Inconvenient for sure, but we'll live. :)

The business center is outsourced to IKON business services. You might try to give them a call to see what they will do.

:earsboy: Bill

Have you checked the shipping charges? It may actually less expensive to pay the checked bag fees for the inflatable mattress? Then you'd have it with you that first night.

I was just talking with a co-worker about this a few minutes ago. The mattress in all weighs 13 pounds and you get two free checked bags for free with Southwest (up to 50 pounds each). So I am going to place the order and bring an second bag for the mattress....that I can stuff with souvenirs for the trip back. :) Thanks everyone!

Both times I've had something shipped to BWV, this was my experience. I could only pick up from the convention center mail room between 9am-5pm, and I paid a $10 fee. My packages were quite heavy though, as they were mostly bottled water.

This is what I thought too.
But, while leaving our bags with bell services last week someone came up and asked about getting their package and the package center was closed.
Someone from BWI came out, manager I assumed as they were dressed in different clothes, not a resort uniform
She said it was no problem to get the package, that they do it all the time.
She took the info and went off to get it.
I was not there when she came back so I don't know what they did about the package charges.

This is what I thought too.
But, while leaving our bags with bell services last week someone came up and asked about getting their package and the package center was closed.
Someone from BWI came out, manager I assumed as they were dressed in different clothes, not a resort uniform
She said it was no problem to get the package, that they do it all the time.
She took the info and went off to get it.
I was not there when she came back so I don't know what they did about the package charges.

While some managers may look for business center packages, I wouldn't count on it.

While some managers may look for business center packages, I wouldn't count on it.

No but I would sure ask. Can't hurt.
Again, the exact words the manager(?) used, in response to the guest stating the the business center was closed, was "we do this all the time"
Had I not witnessed that exchange I would have never even bothered to try and get my package outside business center hours.
Now I will ask. If they say they can't, ok. But maybe they can

Again, the exact words the manager(?) used, in response to the guest stating the the business center was closed, was "we do this all the time"
Had I not witnessed that exchange I would have never even bothered to try and get my package outside business center hours.
Good to know! I'll definitely try it next time I arrive after 5pm.

My point is don't count on it. If readers get the impression that they can get after hour service at the business centers and it doesn't happen, you may have some pretty upset guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter