• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pacemaker at WDW

Hewolf

Earning My Ears
I recently had a pacemaker put in. I also have cerebral palsy. Disney World was one of the places I loved to go. I have always been able to ride on any ride. However, I am skeptical if I can still ride the roller coasters. I asked my doctor about Disney and he did not tell me that I was unable to ride any rides. Honestly though he did not seem to know much about Disney. The rides I am mainly concerned with are RRC and TOT. I am a huge Aerosmith fan, so it would crush me to never ride RRC again. Any information anyone can give me on those rides, or any other rides you know could affect a pacemaker would be a great help. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry to break it to you, as a fellow pacemaker user I can confirm that the only Disney rides that use magnets are the tomorrow land people mover, RnR, TOT and mission:space.

Follow your doctors advice on fast rides, I can't do EE because it knocks my hear t into overdrive and my poor pacer can't keep up.

As for universal, there are only 4 rides in the whole IofA that are safe and one of them is a kiddies sand pit!

My dd has an implanted heart recorder and avoids RnRC because of the magnets. She is fine on the other rides although she has had to stop riding the thrill rides because it causes her bp to rise/drop too much and she passes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter