PA election results here!

If that happens than it will not be the people who decided it will be the politicians who made the choice. If Hillary wins like that do you really think she can win in Nov.? Will all those new democrats still come out to vote if they feel that their vote didn't count in the primary? .

Same goes for all those Hillary supporters whose votes wouldn't count if she pulled out now. What about the states who haven't voted yet? You think they will still come out if their vote didn't count in the primary because they only had the choice of Obama?

It goes both ways.

Same goes for all those Hillary supporters whose votes wouldn't count if she pulled out now. What about the states who haven't voted yet? You think they will still come out if their vote didn't count in the primary because they only had the choice of Obama?

It goes both ways.

I could be wrong, but according the PA's election page, it shows that 700K Republican's voted in that state, I'm assuming they voted today, even though the nomination is locked up... No, I just looked it up, I'm quite right, more than 700K Republican's voted and McCain got 73% of the vote. Those Republicans that haven't voted yet are still voting when their primaries come.

It goes both ways.

This is the first primary that hasn't been decided in the early voting since Bill's first run. Most of the time our votes in the primaries have not counted and people still have voted in Nov. Her pulling out would be her choice, not the same as getting pledged delegates to change their minds and ignore the way the people voted.

If Hillary succeeds in dividing the party by dragging this to the convention then neither one of them will win in Nov. Hillary has failed to nail down the nomination so why is she a stronger candidate?

They are both strong candidates but they appeal to different groups and until there is only one of them the party can not come together.

Worse...Hillary blew a practically guaranteed nomination, with a 10 or 20 to 1 fundraising advantage in the early going. The nomination was hers, and everyone else was running for second place. That was true just 4 short months ago. What's happened since?

And think about this for a minute: In a month when he was hit with the Wright scandal, the "bitter" faux outrage, the ridiculous excuse for a debate last week, and Hillary making nothing but negative ads...he STILL went from a 25 point deficit in the polls to losing by 10. He made up 15 points in the worst month of his campaign. But he's not a good candidate? :lmao:

So she just concede to Obama? I don't see Obama nailing down the nomination yet either. Once he does then he can take it to McCain. But I can't see a candidate who has basically half the party on her side just throwing in the towel. :confused3

She's over half a million votes behind in popular vote, and that doesn't even really count his caucus wins since they don't really give a good count of popular vote. She's won just barely over half the states that he has. His lead in delegates in insurmountable.

So YES, if she cared in the least about this party, this country, or anything other than her own self-aggrandizement, she should concede.

Worse...Hillary blew a practically guaranteed nomination, with a 10 or 20 to 1 fundraising advantage in the early going. The nomination was hers, and everyone else was running for second place. That was true just 4 short months ago. What's happened since?

And think about this for a minute: In a month when he was hit with the Wright scandal, the "bitter" faux outrage, the ridiculous excuse for a debate last week, and Hillary making nothing but negative ads...he STILL went from a 25 point deficit in the polls to losing by 10. He made up 15 points in the worst month of his campaign. But he's not a good candidate? :lmao:

She's over half a million votes behind in popular vote, and that doesn't even really count his caucus wins since they don't really give a good count of popular vote. She's won just barely over half the states that he has. His lead in delegates in insurmountable.

So YES, if she cared in the least about this party, this country, or anything other than her own self-aggrandizement, she should concede.

Not to mention, she can't even manage her own campaign finances (they can't pay the bills they do have). :rolleyes:

How is she going to manage the US budget, which is in the trillions of dollars?? :confused3

Today was the first day I wasn't woken up with political calls! YIPEEE its over!

She should have done it long ago. Do you think McCain would have won all the primaries if the other candidates had stayed in the race? Granted they don't have the same primary rules but the other people dropped out.

The reason McCain already won the GOP nomination is due to the GOP has "Winner take All" candidates. Democrats have prorated delegates, this is why the primaries are being drawn out. The actual democratic process is working.
If The Democrats adopted the "Winner take all" scenario, Obama would have been a "also ran" already, and Hillary would have been the nominee.

:sad2:

If Obama cared in the least about the party, and more so the American people, he would call for the FL & MI votes counted now.

BTW! Florida had more Democrats votes in their Primary then PA did yesterday.

:sad2:

If Obama cared in the least about the party, and more so the American people, he would call for the FL & MI votes counted now.

BTW! Florida had more Democrats votes in their Primary then PA did yesterday.

And if they'd both actually campaigned in the state, she wouldn't have won by nearly the margin she did....just as happened in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas, and virtually everywhere else. How do you explain her going from 25 points up in polling from a month ago to winning by 10 last night?

Funny...Hillary didn't care too much about the primary in Michigan when she said it was "obvious it won't count for anything". 'Course, she was expected to be the nominee at that point, so she didn't need to lie and cheat...yet.

She should have done it long ago. Do you think McCain would have won all the primaries if the other candidates had stayed in the race? Granted they don't have the same primary rules but the other people dropped out.

He is ahead of her in all the categories, after NC he will have gained back everything he lost in PA. We all know that neither can win enough delegates on their own. If it comes down to a convention fight do you really think the party can come together? I heard Bill say that it doesn't have to be won on the first ballot at the convention. When was the last time the nominee didn't win on the first ballot? If that happens than it will not be the people who decided it will be the politicians who made the choice. If Hillary wins like that do you really think she can win in Nov.? Will all those new democrats still come out to vote if they feel that their vote didn't count in the primary?
Hillary may pull this off but I don't think it will get her to the White House. We don't give the nominees a 2nd chance anymore, so if she does get the nomination and doesn't win she will not get a chance to do it again.

The question is, How many of those newly minted 'Democrats' who voted for HRC here in PA and elsewhere are really Republicans? ;)

Indy and NC, your turn. Keep the fight alive.:laughing:

And if they'd both actually campaigned in the state, she wouldn't have won by nearly the margin she did....just as happened in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas, and virtually everywhere else..

But Obama was the ONLY candidate who did campaign in Florida, the only time his campaign ran National TV commercials, so how did he loose so big?:confused3
She did win the "must win" states for November!

How do you explain her going from 25 points up in polling from a month ago to winning by 10 last night?..

Polls are just that...POLLS! We dont elect anyone based on POLLS in this country. She was never 25 % up a month ago.

http://www.pollster.com/08-PA-Dem-Pres-Primary.php

How come he spent a boatload of $, out advertised her...etc and couldnt pull it off in PA?

Funny...Hillary didn't care too much about the primary in Michigan when she said it was "obvious it won't count for anything". 'Course, she was expected to be the nominee at that point, so she didn't need to lie and cheat...yet.

Not as "funny" as Obama disenfranching millions of MI & Fl voters.

I have a question about the results. Why is this primary so important? I've been following the whole process from the beginning, but I admit I've slacked off and don't have much understanding what this particular primary actually means. Does it have to do with the number of delegates PA has? And what does it actually mean for the winner, as in , is this an indicator of who's going to win the party nomination??

When all is said and done, being the winner means a candidate gets more delegates than the other guy. That's it. There is no "winner take all" primaries for Democrats.

Winning can mean the difference of only 5-10 delegates. Not much shifts.

In the case of Texas, Hillary "won" the primary and got fewer delegates. Go figure.

What is working overtime are the spin doctors. So and so can't win "the big one". So and so brings in more voters. Etc., etc., etc.

The reality is, no matter which Democratic candidate "won" Texas, Texas will go for McCain. No matter which candidate won in NY or CA or MA, the Democratic candidate will win there. Who wins a Democratic primary doesn't count for a helluva lot when it comes to who will win that state in the general election.

It's all spin.

So, what happens now? I heard on the radio this morning that at this point, there aren't enough delegates left to decide this, so it will wind up being up to the super delegates.

I see this not being decided until the convention in August. What a mess. I think this is going to hurt the democrats for years to come. And sadly, I think a lot of this is the DNC's fault.:sad2:

And if they'd both actually campaigned in the state, she wouldn't have won by nearly the margin she did....just as happened in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas, and virtually everywhere else. How do you explain her going from 25 points up in polling from a month ago to winning by 10 last night?

But Obama was the ONLY candidate who did campaign in Florida, the only time his campaign ran National TV commercials, so how did he loose so big?:confused3
She did win the "must win" states for November!

Polls are just that...POLLS! We dont elect anyone based on POLLS in this country. She was never 25 % up a month ago.

http://www.pollster.com/08-PA-Dem-Pres-Primary.php

How come he spent a boatload of $, out advertised her...etc and couldnt pull it off in PA?

Not as "funny" as Obama disenfranching millions of MI & Fl voters.

Nice to see the boys are still duking it out. Gives more weight to Will Rodgers' quote: "I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."

And my personal favorite: "You've got to be optimist to be a Democrat, and you've got to be a humorist to stay one."

So, what happens now? I heard on the radio this morning that at this point, there aren't enough delegates left to decide this, so it will wind up being up to the super delegates.

I see this not being decided until the convention in August. What a mess. I think this is going to hurt the democrats for years to come. And sadly, I think a lot of this is the DNC's fault.:sad2:

This is what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFDc4M_PMNk

No matter what happens in the Democratic race, the end result is the winner has the good fortune to face McCain.

I don't see how people think she can win the nomination.:confused3 It's not going to happen.

I don't see how people think she can win the nomination.:confused3 It's not going to happen.

Last night on MSNBC they were reporting on questions they were asking voters...one was who do you think will end up being the nominee...even those who voted Hillary said Obama. I don't get it...why can't we end this now, get a nominee, and begin healing the wounds of the Dem vs. Dem battle that is raging on now!!! Remember...dems need to win...can anyone really say it isn't time for a change, because McCain will certainly give us more of the Bush Administrations tired,failed policies!

Nice to see the boys are still duking it out. Gives more weight to Will Rodgers' quote: "I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."

And my personal favorite: "You've got to be optimist to be a Democrat, and you've got to be a humorist to stay one."

:lmao:

But that is changing today. I am switching to Independant, due to the DNC's total mishandling of the FL & MI disenfranchising the votes.
I will not belong to a party that in any way, shape or form legitimizes "NOT counting Votes":mad:

I will only say that I disagree with dropping out. Yes it would be a lot easier for Obama if Hillary had thrown in the towel but Hillary has an awful lot of supporters and no matter how you spin it she won last night.

I agree that she had a wider lead in the polls at one time but Obama spent a fortune in Pennsylvania and his supporters slammed Hillary from one side to the other since she had that big lead. If I wanted to put a spin on the outcome, I could wonder why Obama couldn't win in that state after all of that? How do you make a candidate look so awful and way outspend her and still come up short?

The logical answer to this mess is that the Democrats quit squabbling and come together but of course that won't happen.

I will only say that I disagree with dropping out. Yes it would be a lot easier for Obama if Hillary had thrown in the towel but Hillary has an awful lot of supporters and no matter how you spin it she won last night.

I agree that she had a wider lead in polling at one time but Obama spent a fortune in Pennsylvania and his supporters slammed Hillary from one side to the other since she had that big lead. If I wanted to put a spin on the outcome, I could wonder why Obama couldn't win in that state after all of that? How do you make a candidate look so awful and way outspend her and still come up short?

The logical answer to this mess is that the Democrats quit squabbling and come together but of course that won't happen.

The DNC is showing themselves to be incompetent....do they still believe this is "good" for the party??????? What a joke!!!

This is the first primary that hasn't been decided in the early voting since Bill's first run. Most of the time our votes in the primaries have not counted and people still have voted in Nov. Her pulling out would be her choice, not the same as getting pledged delegates to change their minds and ignore the way the people voted.

And voters have griped about it. There have been all kinds of pushes to change voting dates, etc so that half the country doesn't get disenfranchised when they are told which candidate they get to vote for rather than helping to decide.

I will vote for either one, so yes, this registered independent will still vote a democratic ticket, but my preference is definitely Hillary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter