P90x

Yes, Turbo Fire sounds great! I may have to look into it for some variety.

Today was a Kenpo day for me. I was super lethargic this morning. Probably because last night I took my dog out running for an hour and didn't eat anything to recover. Note to self: don't do that again ;)

Today was a Kenpo day for me.

Once I get the hang of it I think Kenpo will be my favorite workout.

I may just be terribly uncoordinated but my first time through it I kept punching my own arms. I was ok with the early moves where you only throw one type of punch but once we were doing combinations I was a complete mess!

Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon because I really did enjoy what I managed to do!

Once I get the hang of it I think Kenpo will be my favorite workout.

I may just be terribly uncoordinated but my first time through it I kept punching my own arms. I was ok with the early moves where you only throw one type of punch but once we were doing combinations I was a complete mess!

Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon because I really did enjoy what I managed to do!
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I almost gave myself an uppercut to the chin! I do feel it in my arms today.

I think my favorite workout is the leg workout.

I think I secretly love the plyometrics workout.

Wow!!! That's impressive! I can't imagine loving plyometrics. That workout kicks butt!

We just completed our 2nd plyometrics workout - I made it farther this time but still couldn't finish it. My right knee popped out a few times. I need to strengthen my leg muscles so I can keep up with all the lateral moves.

I've been a casual runner for years and P90X is making me realize how much I need to work on my all around fitness.

Looking forward to Shoulders and Arms tomorrow!

I have a love hate relationship with plyo. Some days I love it and other days I just feel like throwing my shoes at Tony for making me do rock star hops. Tomorrow is my plyo day and I'm hoping that I feel energized :goodvibes. As far as my favorite workout, I'd have to say that core synergistics is really growing on me. Now that I'm getting stronger I don't just lie there like a lump when I'm trying to do the plank to chaturanga run :thumbsup2

turbo girl here. I going to have to start over. Luckily I was only on week 2. At the end of week one, I was having some ear problems. Then on Easter Sunday I got some distressing news about my Grandma. She's alive, but she's not out of the woods yet. The last few days I've been out of town. I fully expected to workout while gone, but there wasn't enough room in the hotel room and my kids were to excited to behaive without my direct attention. So, Monday re-starts my 20-week I'm-done-being-large workout plan. On the upside, my diet didn't suffer to badly. Drank mostly lemonaide and water the entire time (I was a huge pepsi addict).

I'm two workouts away from finishing my first cycle of P90X.

When I first bought P90X, I also bought a P90X shirt, but I committed to not wearing it until I finished a cycle. I started it twice, but never made it out of the second month, due to time. (When the weather gets nice, it's harder to commit 1.5 hours to a workout in the basement.)

Anyway, I'm getting ready to break out that shirt that has been collecting dust on the top shelf of my closet.

When I first bought P90X, I also bought a P90X shirt, but I committed to not wearing it until I finished a cycle. I started it twice, but never made it out of the second month, due to time. (When the weather gets nice, it's harder to commit 1.5 hours to a workout in the basement.)

Anyway, I'm getting ready to break out that shirt that has been collecting dust on the top shelf of my closet.
Congratulations! That is very encouraging to hear. I had my second shot at yoga today and that is by far my least favorite workout. I am really going to have trouble motivating myself to get through that one again.

Wear your shirt with pride - you've earned it!

Monday re-starts my 20-week I'm-done-being-large workout plan

That's great! It's sometimes difficult to start over so I really applaud you for that. Hang in there!!!!

I just finished week 2. I'm still sore but saw enough improvement over week one that I'm looking forward to stepping it up even more for week 3. I still haven't made it all the way through the Yoga workout. The moves were much easier this week but I was feeling pretty sick that day so only did about 30 minutes of it before going to bed. My DH did make it all the way through and said the last 30 minutes weren't as bad as the first 60.

Dennyha - I love the idea of using the P90X shirt as a reward for having completed the program! Post a picture of you wearing it!!!! I think we may buy ourselves the shirts as well.

Fantastic, congrats!! One of the great things about getting through insanity was getting the shirt...that was one well earned shirt!! Just like your p90x shirt :thumbsup2

Congrats Congrats Congrats!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am totally buying a shirt when I finish my first round. I guess that's pretty soon, two more weeks :cool1:

That's great! It's sometimes difficult to start over so I really applaud you for that. Hang in there!!!!

I just finished week 2. I'm still sore but saw enough improvement over week one that I'm looking forward to stepping it up even more for week 3. I still haven't made it all the way through the Yoga workout. The moves were much easier this week but I was feeling pretty sick that day so only did about 30 minutes of it before going to bed. My DH did make it all the way through and said the last 30 minutes weren't as bad as the first 60.

Dennyha - I love the idea of using the P90X shirt as a reward for having completed the program! Post a picture of you wearing it!!!! I think we may buy ourselves the shirts as well.

DSC_2113.jpg

I started Insanity today. First day was only the fit test, but was still a signficant workout. We have one week before going on vacation. I think I'll do a week, take off a week for vacation, then come back and start at the begining.

I still haven't made it all the way through the Yoga workout. The moves were much easier this week but I was feeling pretty sick that day so only did about 30 minutes of it before going to bed. My DH did make it all the way through and said the last 30 minutes weren't as bad as the first 60.

Everytime you do the Yoga workout, it will seem less daunting. I won't say that it gets easy, but I think that knowing what is next makes it less of an obstacle. The first 45 minutes of the workout are the hardest. The last 45 minutes are more balancing and stretching.

Week three and I'm amazed at how much stronger I've gotten, although I don't "see" a difference yet. I was horrible at push ups and they've gotten much better - cleaner and I can do more.

I still hate yoga and dread it more than anything - especially because it's the longest! Maybe I'll discover that I miraculously gained flexibility and balance since last Wednesday.

Congrats, Dennyha! Have fun with Insanity!

I agree yoga does get better the more you do it. But it still is loooooong. Sometimes if I just don't have the full 92 minutes, I do the first 45 and then put the second part on time and a half. But I do the full yoga belly portion :thumbsup2

Today is plyo for me. I'm on week 11 now:cool1:

Finally made it all the way through the yoga workout. I LOVED IT! It really felt like the second half was a reward for pushing through the first half. The belly stuff was hard core but it was so near to the end that it mentally was manageable.

Week 4 - recovery week is looking good!

I'm into week 12! Yesterday was Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. I increased my weights on some of the exercises and I can't believe how much strength I've gain:thumbsup2. I really don't feel like this is the end for me though. I plan on doing another 90 days, but Classic program this time. I also want to follow the P90x diet plan on this next round. Has anyone out there done the diet? I'm just wondering how it affected your performance and results.

I need to read through all the posts but hope someone can help me understand this! :)

We just completed day 5..(yes, I officially detest that doggie down move in Yoga...blech!). My 15 year old son is doing it with me. I'm kind of confused as to how we do this (we borrowed the program from my husband's friend)..so do we just do 7 days and repeat the program every 7 days? We have the main kit with the DVD's then we have 4 additional ones that are in their own case.

Also after finishing legs and back today I noticed that there was an ab workout after it...are we supposed to do those each day as well?

Thanks for your help!
Tara

I need to read through all the posts but hope someone can help me understand this! :)

We just completed day 5..(yes, I officially detest that doggie down move in Yoga...blech!). My 15 year old son is doing it with me. I'm kind of confused as to how we do this (we borrowed the program from my husband's friend)..so do we just do 7 days and repeat the program every 7 days? We have the main kit with the DVD's then we have 4 additional ones that are in their own case.

Also after finishing legs and back today I noticed that there was an ab workout after it...are we supposed to do those each day as well?

Thanks for your help!
Tara

Hi Tara! P90x has two options, classic and lean. You can google the P90x schedule for both of them. Basically it's 6 days of workouts and 1 day of rest for 3 weeks, followed by a recovery week (still workouts but less intense). There are 3 phases and the workouts switch up with each phase. As for the ab ripper, that is to be done on designated days, not everyday. When you google the schedules it will tell you what days to do the ab ripper.
I agree, yoga is one of the more mentally and physically brutal workouts. I'm on day 80 and still don't look forward to it. But I just keep pushing that play button :thumbsup2 Good luck with your workouts!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter