P90x

I finished up week 7 today of my P90x lean! I have to say that I've been sore practically everyday since I started this little venture :lmao: The soreness isn't nearly as bad as it was in the beginning, but it's still there. So I know it must be working! I am pretty excited that I can do 10 reverse grip pull ups now :thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to letting my muscles recover a bit this week and can't wait to start phase 3.

I finished up week 7 today of my P90x lean! I have to say that I've been sore practically everyday since I started this little venture :lmao: The soreness isn't nearly as bad as it was in the beginning, but it's still there. So I know it must be working! I am pretty excited that I can do 10 reverse grip pull ups now :thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to letting my muscles recover a bit this week and can't wait to start phase 3.

That is great. I have the muscle soreness too. But I like it-makes me know it is working. I am starting Week 6 now. My pullups are getting better. I can now do them with the chair way out in front of me. Hoping to do them unassisted by the end of phase 2.

DH and I just started P90X today! We'll be 6 weeks in before we head down to WDW in June. We're planning to take the CD's with us and do them during our vacation. Anyone have any tips for helping us stay faithful to P90X at the Pop?

DH and I just started P90X today! We'll be 6 weeks in before we head down to WDW in June. We're planning to take the CD's with us and do them during our vacation. Anyone have any tips for helping us stay faithful to P90X at the Pop?

Welcome to P90x!! I hope your first day went well. My family and I are going to Disney in June as well (June1-14). I will have finished my 90 days by the time my family vacation starts, but my hubby is a month behind me and really wants to keep up the program while we are there. I'm going to buy some resistance bands, since we use weights now. Those will be easy to pack. We also have a pull up bar that we can unscrew and fit in our large suitcase. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and I'm worried about the amount of space in the room. It could get a bit tricky trying to do the core syn in a hotel room (superman/banana/ and bow/boat!). I'm also a bit worried about the plyo and if it will disturb other guests if we are jumping around for an hour in our room. My thought was to write the plyo workout on a spreadsheet and then do it outside with a timer.
I think our biggest obstacle is going to be "when" to workout. I'm an early riser, but we're coming from Utah and it's a 2 hour time change. So 6am feels like 4am and DH would die if I woke him up to workout that early :) I'm thinking we'll go to the parks at opening and then take an afternoon break where we rest and then workout.
If you come up with any other ideas or suggestions I would love to hear them! Good luck with your workouts!

In the one on one series, there is a great workout that is made to be done when you are on the road and lacking your normal equipment. You don't even need the video, honestly, as long as you get the concept, which could not be more simple. it is called UML (for upper, middle, lower)

You do three moves, one upper body, one core, and one legs. So, for example, pushups, then crunches, then squats. You do three to six (depending on the time you have and how you feel that day) sets of three moves. You can either repeat the same moves, or do different ones each time

for example, first time through you could do Standard pushups, in-and-outs, and standard squats. Second time you could do military pushups, crunchy frog, and side lunges. and so on and so on.

the idea is just to maintain your fitness while you are on the road so that when you get back home, you can start right back up again without having lost anything.

Hi all! :wave2:

I just started P90X yesterday. Yowza! I am pretty sore. I decided to keep a light running schedule going while I do the P90X and I don't think it's really affecting me negatively. I do think that tomorrow morning's run is going to be a slow one after plyometrics today. I discovered that I really STINK at jumping. That rock star jump?! Yeah, not even close to getting my heels to my butt. I'm excited to see improvement in the muscle tone. I'm not trying to lose weight, just firm things up a bit.

I am half way through Week 12 of the program. A week and a half to go to finish my first round.
I'm thinking of trying a round of Insanity next to mix it up. After 12 weeks of P90X, I know all of Tony's lines before he says them.:rotfl2:

That can't be good.

DH and I just completed week 1 of P90X-Classic (only 11 more weeks to go!)

I love that I can already notice a change in my body. Even though my muscles are sore I can feel them getting stronger. I stand up straighter!

I love that every day the workout has been different. I get easily bored so I enjoy having something new each day. Also I've noticed that the work outs are varied enough that soreness from previous days workouts doesn't slow me down --- much. It does seem to work through the muscle groups nicely.

I'm really looking forward to Stretch X tomorrow (my rest day). Then I can't wait to get back into the cycle again and see if I can push myself farther this week. I had a hard time this week figuring out how to do some of the exercises. I look forward to getting more coordinated and feeling stronger.

I took this week off. I should be week 3 of phase 2. But I have spring break and so much going on with family that I didn't want to stress myself out with workouts. Its funny how I have a harder time working out when I am off of work rather than cramming it into my day with working full time. I am a routine kind of gal. If I don't have one, I don't do well with exercise. So next week I will just do my week 3. I may do 2 more weeks before I do the recovery week since I skipped this week.

I've already completed round of P90x and I'm getting ready to start my second round. As tired as these workouts make me, I absolutely love them. Can wait for the next edition to come out.

Hi all! :wave2:

I just started P90X yesterday. Yowza! I am pretty sore. I decided to keep a light running schedule going while I do the P90X and I don't think it's really affecting me negatively. I do think that tomorrow morning's run is going to be a slow one after plyometrics today. I discovered that I really STINK at jumping. That rock star jump?! Yeah, not even close to getting my heels to my butt. I'm excited to see improvement in the muscle tone. I'm not trying to lose weight, just firm things up a bit.

I keep a bit of a running schedule and it has been going well. I usually run a few miles with my dog on days when it's all strength training. But I try to do at least a mile for a warm up on all days. The only mistake I made was running 4 miles before plyo! :laughing: I was so sad towards the end of that workout. I thought I was feeling fantastic that day...I totally crashed.

I'm into week 9 now and doing well. I'm super excited about seeing the tone in my arms :thumbsup2 Who knew I had triceps?! Thank you Tony :goodvibes

can i play? i'm on week one of the 20 week turbo fire workouts. i've already done the prep schedule and the 5 day inferno. i've only lost about 7 lbs so far, but i have dropped about 14 inches. the goal is 80 lbs total. i'm already thinking about the next step. i may see if my sis wants to trade, she has insanity, or order the advanced expansion for turbo fire, or order insanity's alsylum. p90x isn't my thing, after looking at reviews and what the workout were, i'm more intrested in cardio than weight training. turbo fire uses resistance bands, so I am getting tone.

I keep a bit of a running schedule and it has been going well. I usually run a few miles with my dog on days when it's all strength training. But I try to do at least a mile for a warm up on all days. The only mistake I made was running 4 miles before plyo! :laughing: I was so sad towards the end of that workout. I thought I was feeling fantastic that day...I totally crashed.
Oh my goodness - I can only imagine! I was so happy to do legs and back today. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't complete torture either.

Does Tony remind anyone else of Michael Scott? Just some of his phrases and the way he's buddy buddy with everyone. It keeps me entertained to watch for glimpses of Michael during the workouts. I'm waiting for him to pull out the "that's what she said!"

Good job, all! One more day and I've completed week one. The problem is, now I know what I'm dreading next week. (Plyometrics, anyone?)

Having some trouble staying on track. I completed weeks 1 and 2 with no trouble. During week three, things got crazy with some home improvements so p90x was pushed to the back burner. I did manage to get Kenpo in today and am feeling great. I'm down about 7 lbs or so since starting and at least 5 inches lost. 16.5 lbs total lost. I still have a few more to go before our trip in June.

can i play? i'm on week one of the 20 week turbo fire workouts. i've already done the prep schedule and the 5 day inferno. i've only lost about 7 lbs so far, but i have dropped about 14 inches. the goal is 80 lbs total. i'm already thinking about the next step. i may see if my sis wants to trade, she has insanity, or order the advanced expansion for turbo fire, or order insanity's alsylum. p90x isn't my thing, after looking at reviews and what the workout were, i'm more intrested in cardio than weight training. turbo fire uses resistance bands, so I am getting tone.

:welcome: to the playgroup :) Congrats on the 7 lbs and 14 inches!! I'd love to hear about your experiences with turbo fire. I don't really know much about it.

Yesterday was yoga-x for me. I got my DD7 to do it with me, we had a good time. Today is core synergistics. I swear that I sweat the most with core!

Having some trouble staying on track. I completed weeks 1 and 2 with no trouble. During week three, things got crazy with some home improvements so p90x was pushed to the back burner. I did manage to get Kenpo in today and am feeling great. I'm down about 7 lbs or so since starting and at least 5 inches lost. 16.5 lbs total lost. I still have a few more to go before our trip in June.

Wow, congrats on your progress, that is awesome :yay: I have a Dis trip in June as well! I'm trying to eat really well right now and drop a couple extra lbs so I can indulge a bit on our trip :)

I wanted to try turbo fire. Do you like it? With P90x they have a lean version that is not so much about the weights. I own so many workout DVDs that I just pop in something else when I'm through if I want more cardio. I might get the new Insanity too.

:welcome: to the playgroup :) Congrats on the 7 lbs and 14 inches!! I'd love to hear about your experiences with turbo fire. I don't really know much about it.

Yesterday was yoga-x for me. I got my DD7 to do it with me, we had a good time. Today is core synergistics. I swear that I sweat the most with core!

I wanted to try turbo fire. Do you like it? With P90x they have a lean version that is not so much about the weights. I own so many workout DVDs that I just pop in something else when I'm through if I want more cardio. I might get the new Insanity too.

I'm loving it!!! In addition to the dvd's you get the 3 schedules, a resistance band, a lower body band, a tape measure, and a recipe book. no need to buy other equipment. I have 80lbs to lose total. most of the schedules are set up for a 6 day a week workout. there are 3 HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts, 2 toning workouts, 4 "basic" (kick you butt) workouts, a core workout, and 2 streching classes. one of the streching classes is an extended 10 minute stretch designed for after workouts, the othe is a yoga type stretching class. without the schedules, I wouldn't know what to do. I love that the class starts on my schedule. it was so difficult to make it to the gym for classes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter