> > > P90X Club!!!!!!!!

so here is my next question. my dh has never been one to workout with any kind of dvd before. he did tae bo with me once, oh so many years ago. he just has never shown any interest or enthusiasm like that. he's always been a gym guy, or an outside guy.

he had to take a break from the gym last summer for a month or 2 and just lost his momentum. lost interest. he said to me the other day that p90x might be something he wants to try, but he's not quite saying he wants to buy it yet either.

am wondering...anyone else like this? who usually doesn't like to w/o at home, but this was somehow different?

so here is my next question. my dh has never been one to workout with any kind of dvd before. he did tae bo with me once, oh so many years ago. he just has never shown any interest or enthusiasm like that. he's always been a gym guy, or an outside guy.

he had to take a break from the gym last summer for a month or 2 and just lost his momentum. lost interest. he said to me the other day that p90x might be something he wants to try, but he's not quite saying he wants to buy it yet either.

am wondering...anyone else like this? who usually doesn't like to w/o at home, but this was somehow different?

I was a gym guy too. I could never get into working out at home and I never thought I would workout to DVDs/tapes. Beachbody has found the perfect chemistry and trainers. These programs get back the the basics of exercise. Hard work=results. I'm addicted to this program. Planning on buying Insanity & the One on One programs.

If he's not sure about it, buy the program used on ebay. Stay away from the auctions listed as NEW. Most are bootlegs.

Good to know. What about rotator cuff issues? I have problems with moves that bring my arm up and around. Things like swimming, a tennis serve, even push ups hurt if I bring my body too low.

Beachbody does have another program called "Power 90" which is not as extreme. Tony Horton is the trainer on that one as well.

Tell me please all the people that has done these home workouts.What kinda of results will a person thats been working in a office for over 10yrs and got outta shape do to my job?I mean really total life change to make it work?
I'm not that out of control with my body.I lift wieghts with my son and can still press 200lbs.But the middle section has got wide(welcome to the 40's).My doc tells me to exercise-exercise-exercise.But when I do,I run outta of steam and can't gett 1/2way through.:confused3

What is your own secrets to go that extra mile?

I've got to start back! It's been over 2 weeks since I've worked out due to long hours at work and the Disney trip. I really want to start running in the mornings and P90X at night. I'm not a morning person, so getting up at 5:30am will be REALLY hard.

Thinking about buying Insanity.

Can I join? I'm on round three of P90X. The first time I followed the program exactly, the second time I added in some Insanity, and just recently I started the program over again from the beginning after not really exercising for over a month due to health problems and an 8-day hospital stay.

I LOVE P90X! The variety keeps it interesting and the results are real.

Good luck to you all!

MsSpinShady

I've got to start back! It's been over 2 weeks since I've worked out due to long hours at work and the Disney trip. I really want to start running in the mornings and P90X at night. I'm not a morning person, so getting up at 5:30am will be REALLY hard.

Thinking about buying Insanity.

I feel for you. We were only gone a week and went back to it on Monday. I have stiff and sore glutes and legs from working out since Monday. Honestly, how could one do P90X on a Disney vacation? What about those miles and miles of walking? I'm paying for the time off. :rotfl:

BTW, we get up at 4:40 a.m. to work out--hate it, but hate working out at night even more. :confused3

okay, dh is getting serious about picking this up. where is the best place to buy? he looked on line and said he can only find where they charge 3 payments...is there any where where we can pay all at once and maybe get a break? what equipment do we need to go with this?

Hey DISers! I wanted to bring this thread back to life...there are two things that I OBESS about and that is Disney and Beachbody!! I LOVE P90X, I lost 13 lbs doing the program. I was going to start round 2 but I a moving on to INSANITY and Brazil Butt Lift!! Did you all here that Tony Horton came out with a new book called BRING IT! He is doing a signing and a live workout..please send me a PM and I can give you the dates!!

Keep pushing play!!

BRING IT!

I finished my first round of P90X this fall. I wasn't looking to lose any weight so I can't report weight loss results but I felt a lot stronger and could see a big change in muscle definition from beginning to end!:thumbsup2 I didn't want to bulk up at all (I'm a woman) so I used lighter weights and spent a lot of time on yoga and stretching. I am thrilled with the results!

I would highly recommend it to any DISers really looking for something to whip them into shape. You really don't need a lot of equipment and you can find DVD sets on Ebay for even cheaper than the infomercial.

I have been considering buying Insanity but now that I'm back in school and on campus, I have free gym use so it's kind of hard to justify the price. For now I'll probably stick with my current routine and maybe check it out over the summer.

Right now I am on the 3rd month of Chalean Extreme, also by beach body. I'll take a month off, just ordered Slim in 6 and will start that next. After Slim in 6 I want to try PX90. I love Beach Body products. I wish I would had done it sooner.

I haven't lost but 7 lbs but I have gone down 2 dress sizes. I get discouraged because of the scale but I try to press on. I don't mind exercising anymore either. I was a serious a couch potato too.

Deb

I love P90x! All year long I was working out at home and s-l-o-w-l-y getting into shape with Jillian Michaels and Biggest Loser DVDs. Then I borrowed P90x from a friend in November and started seeing results very quickly. I am almost finished with Round two. What a difference the second round made! I was able to do more pushups and last longer than the first round. I didn't write anything down, it was just that noticeable.

I am a big cheerleader for this program. It really works.

I have been using it for 4 years, off and on. It is the best routine that I have ever used, and I have done just about everything. Even professional athletes use it.

I will begin my next full bore round after the holidays. I scale way back between going full bore, which I do twice each year. This product works. :thumbsup2

my dh is still thinking about getting this since he let his gym membership expire and isn't doing much of anything exercise wise right now. I am wondering if anyone has seen it for sale anywhere. with christmas I was hoping to find a bargain if at all possible! so far just googling along I found it for amazon for $138. has anybody seen a better deal that I might be missing?

my dh is still thinking about getting this since he let his gym membership expire and isn't doing much of anything exercise wise right now. I am wondering if anyone has seen it for sale anywhere. with christmas I was hoping to find a bargain if at all possible! so far just googling along I found it for amazon for $138. has anybody seen a better deal that I might be missing?

Take a look on Ebay or Craigslist!

P90X girl checking in with a WARNING!!

Started P90X the Sunday after Thanksgiving. My DH and I watched the videos prior to Thanksgiving and decided that we would be using the bands instead of buying a pull up bar. Target sells 3 different colors and strengths of the bands. DH and were very excited about starting. Sunday night rolls around. We start our first set of pull up with the bands. To use the bands for pull ups, you use a closed door and put the hard ball anchor at the top of the door. During my first pull up, my door opened and the hard ball flew straight into my eye. Had to be rushed to the Major medical center in Houston. My eye socket was broken, my eye was damaged. Swollen closed, bruised, blood everywhere in, around and behind my eye. It has been 3.5 weeks. Most of the swelling is gone, but I still have no sight in my right eye. I am having to learn to adapt to this. --Warning Over--

As for P90X--I do love it. After getting the go ahead to workout again, My DH and I started it. We bought a pull up "tree." It works really well. I am not losing any weight--it fact I am gaining, which I hate! My DH is loosing weight though. I am going to continue on and hope to tone up a lot. We are on day 18 today. Yoga tonight!!

... We are on day 18 today. Yoga tonight!!

Sorry to hear about your eye. :headache:

As for their Yoga - I hate it. Even after 4 years, it is far and away the most painful day for me. The first 45 minutes are torture.

P90X girl checking in with a WARNING!!

Started P90X the Sunday after Thanksgiving. My DH and I watched the videos prior to Thanksgiving and decided that we would be using the bands instead of buying a pull up bar. Target sells 3 different colors and strengths of the bands. DH and were very excited about starting. Sunday night rolls around. We start our first set of pull up with the bands. To use the bands for pull ups, you use a closed door and put the hard ball anchor at the top of the door. During my first pull up, my door opened and the hard ball flew straight into my eye. Had to be rushed to the Major medical center in Houston. My eye socket was broken, my eye was damaged. Swollen closed, bruised, blood everywhere in, around and behind my eye. It has been 3.5 weeks. Most of the swelling is gone, but I still have no sight in my right eye. I am having to learn to adapt to this. --Warning Over--

As for P90X--I do love it. After getting the go ahead to workout again, My DH and I started it. We bought a pull up "tree." It works really well. I am not losing any weight--it fact I am gaining, which I hate! My DH is loosing weight though. I am going to continue on and hope to tone up a lot. We are on day 18 today. Yoga tonight!!

OMG!

:hug:

So sorry about your eye. Thank you for sharing.

DH went to buy DS15 a weight bench today with a bar for DS to be able to do barball type exercises. We had looked at Academy, Sports Authority and Sears. Today he went to a local place and they guy talked him out of the barbell type of thing due to injuries especially in teenage guys. Apparently there is a high number of teen guys that put to much weight on the barbell and lift without a spotter (you know it's a home gym.) They end up with broken ribs, crushed neck & larnyx. I had never heard of this before.

So, FYI, if lifting with barbells, don't lift to heavy and be sure to have a spotter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter