• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

So… Happy New Year everybody!

It's January 3rd, must have been some party.

As my New Year’s resolution, I’ve decided to be a kinder and gentler pkondz. No more snarky comments. Above all, be nice! So, without further adieu, shall we begin?

Right, I'm wondering if it's toolate to start working on my 2011 resolutions.

Ba DUM dum. Always wanted to play the drums.

I was wondering if the mising "re" from percussions would be noticed,
htey yas htat rouy nidm ees hwat ti xetspec ot ese, on ttemar thaw redor hte rowds nad retlets rae ni.

When I was really little, Mom used to make me take a nap every afternoon. Longest hour of the day. Who needs naps in the middle of the day? There are things to do! People to be snarky to! Things to see! <yawn> Places to be! Adventures to … zzzzzzzzz….

What?

i use to think it was hilarious that they would bring 25 of us little kids to kindergarten, put us all in one room with no desks and have us sit on a tile floor when not running around, and then tell all of us it's now nap time! right, that'l work.

I’m sorry… 3… HOURS… by a pool… in DISNEY!?!?! Who has the time? Go! Go! Go! For the love of Pete! It’s almost rope drop!!! No standing! (except in line) No sitting! (except in a show) No slouching! RUN!!!

Man, now I need a nap again…

i know, I know, that's why Epcot is not the greatest park to do a split day stay in, even if you are near the front of the park it's still a time consuming walk to the bus stop, now you are not tourning a park OR lying by a pool. However,,,,,,,Epcot is the BEST if you are staying at an Epcot resort.

No matter how many times I read that, it always comes out as, “the plan was to go down to the kiddie pool.”

Heyt ays hatt,,,,,,, Ho, veren dimn!

We don’t have that luxury. As soon as one of us makes even the slightest hint of a noise or movement that we might be close to being up, the dog starts to make ‘pretend quiet’ sounds. She knows that we’ll just ‘shush’ her if she makes noise while we're sleeping. So she’ll make soft grunting noises ‘cause she’s ‘just’ stretching. Or she’ll make really loud yawns. “Who me? Making noise? Nope, just yawning. Could happen to anyone. Oh? You’re up now? Might as well feed me then. But wasn’t I a good dog for being quiet?”

News Headline: "20,000,000 dog owners demand an answer: "Who's a good dog?"

I see this from Smidgy’s point of view.
“Oh Nebo’s hanging onto the ceiling fan… there he goes.”
“And here he comes again…”
“And here he comes one more time…”
“And again…”
“And again…”

What goes around, comes around.

Guess it was time to save nine.

no, one Stitch is plenty, even if he's not on time.

That’s okay. But if you’re not Foghorn Leghorn, I’m a chicken hawk and that makes you a loudmouthed Shnook. And I’m not after Shnooks, I’m after a chicken.

i forgot about that little guy, did he have a name?

It’s good? Cause if you’re not, Saana won’t bring you anything. Except for a lump of coal… that’s actually an extremely well done steak.

That's ok, Saana brought me the free margaritas, good enough for me.

Hey! You know what you can get at Boma?????

Yes, broke.
Zee… oh, all right.

$37 bucks? It’s a good thing there are zebra domes there.

Zeebraa dommmes…..

You talk about them like I do painkillers.

Mais, non. C’est déclassé.

Hmm, you either said I'm classy,,or
I'm from an inferior class.

Fuzzy Diddy was a pot
Fuzzy Diddy had no shot
If Fuzzy Diddy had no shot,
Then Fuzzy Diddy didn’t make you fuzzy did he?

Do Zebra Domes make you say things like that? Even the best painkillers won't do that.

Yup. If you can’t find one person who’s a dead vampire, pick someone who looks like they are. Good move.

Hey, I resent being compared to a dead vampire.
I much prefer being compared to a dead Cedric, the wizard.

Nope. Don’t get the reference… who’s the dork now? Or maybe it’s just that you’re sooo much older than I am. :rolleyes:

A classic DVD episode. Rob and Laura are mad at Millie and Jerry but have to go to their party. During a Charades game Laura is acting out all these violent acts with Rob yelling, "Walk all over people, stab, stab in the back,,,,, then he yells out, "I got it, On the street where you live" and he's right.

Didn’t you see the sign about not being cruel to the animals? :lmao:

No.
“Would you believe a slight twinge of remorse:”
I don’t think so.
“Would you believe I laughed and shouted “In your face!”

Oh, Max.

Would you believe maybe it's time to lower the Cone of Silence?

Violins never solved anything…

They do when there's no strings attached.:rolleyes1

Hah! All that talk of giraffes and lightning and look who’s ducking!

First time I ate there, we were just given a ‘window’ seat. Didn’t know at the time just how lucky we were.

Don't you just hate it when you get something really good but you were too stupid at the time to realize it?:lmao: It's hapened to me too.

I’ve always wondered what would happen if the diver went to the wrong table.

“Yes! Yes!”
“Ummm… oh, crap.”

I can see even better uses for the divers with the signs; "Congratulations, DADDY"
"The IRS needs to speak with you" or,
"You may have already won,,"

Standard answer #43… When asked how long something is… anything is… always say 20 minutes. If the actual time is anywhere from 2 minutes to two days, always use 20 minutes. Keeps the rubes guessing.

I've said before, the other stock answer is when theymeasure distances in time, no matter what the two points are, it is always a "7 to 10 minute" walk.

Huh. And here I was under the misconception that it was Freud (or Sidney Freedman). Amazing… I actually learned something here. Who knew? :confused:

KNow what? I knew that quote for a long time before I found out it was Einstein, myself.

Yeah. Now you get to go to the zoo and watch animals ignore you. Wait. You get that in your everyday life, right? Nevermind…

We have two cats, I'm an expert at being ignored.

Can I just have bun, please? :sad2:

I can't believe butter is not the universal unanimous choice to put on bread.

Funny story. I’ve never been one to listen to lyrics. I do a little more now, but I guess I was always more attracted to the musicality of a song then the lyrics. So a lot of songs that I know or have heard, I can’t tell you the lyrics. Maybe, one or two days before you posted this, we were talking about the ingredients in a recipe and one of my co-workers used the line “parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme”. I had no idea what she was talking about. Yes I know the song, (same with incense and peppermint) but had no clue.

You lost me at musicality. Is that like a nasal discharge?

You were hoping for a live fish? Swallow many live goldfish in your college days?

Didn't read that chapter in the old trip report on what took place at the Aquarium Lodge, and the minnows, did you?

I have no idea to whom you may be referring.

I agree with that. I think you should always tip based on what the price would be without any discounts. Did the server discount their service? No? There you go.

Diane's a waitress, believe me, there is no skimping on tipping.

So… you wanna do Sanaa again?

Yes, I would do it again. Free margaritas would help entice me too.

Darn… I mean, Yay! That’s great!

Yes it was a fun chapter! Thanks! :goodvibes And next chapter will be “riddly”? As in Scott? Cool.

No, not doing Alian or Blade Runner, this "riddly" comes from Simon. :rolleyes1

It's January 3rd, must have been some party.

Don't remember.

Actually, DW fell asleep around 9:30. DD14 was at a friend's. So DD11 and I played Disneyland on Xbox until about 11:45, rang in the new year then went to bed. I know, I know, someday I'll pay for my wild lifestyle.

I was wondering if the mising "re" from percussions would be noticed,
htey yas htat rouy nidm ees hwat ti xetspec ot ese, on ttemar thaw redor hte rowds nad retlets rae ni.

rrosy, I ehva on diae ahwt ouy rae ktlanig batuo

i use to think it was hilarious that they would bring 25 of us little kids to kindergarten, put us all in one room with no desks and have us sit on a tile floor when not running around, and then tell all of us it's now nap time! right, that'l work.

Why do they call it nap time? I guess it's shorter than "Let's try and keep the teacher's sanity time".

What goes around, comes around.

Nice of you to take it out for a spin.

i forgot about that little guy, did he have a name?

I always just called him the Chicken Hawk. Googled it and came up with Henery Hawk (not a typo... apparently it's Henery and not Henry)

Hmm, you either said I'm classy,,or
I'm from an inferior class.

I'll let you pick! Or find an interpreter.

Hey, I resent being compared to a dead vampire.
I much prefer being compared to a dead Cedric, the wizard.

Very good. Give yourself a Pattinson the back for that one.

Violins never solved anything…

They do when there's no strings attached.

Ah, I bow to your ability to bridge the pun gap.

I can see even better uses for the divers with the signs; "Congratulations, DADDY"
"The IRS needs to speak with you" or,
"You may have already won,,"

Ooh, good ones. I like the idea of Ed Mcmahon at the bottom of the tank... without breathing apparatus. Then we'd all be winners!

We should have a contest to see who can come up with the most ridiculous or sublime use for the diver. There's a thought, put him in a green wetsuit and call him sublime.

You lost me at musicality. Is that like a nasal discharge?

No, itsnot. :rolleyes1

Didn't read that chapter in the old trip report on what took place at the Aquarium Lodge, and the minnows, did you?

Nope, saving the old ones for a rainy day.

Leave town for the weekend and already a chapter behind. Off to catch up, but just wanted to wish you and Smidgy a belated Happy New Year.

And a belated Happy New Year to everyone else as well. Hope everyone had a good one. I know lady H and I did.

Nebo, all caught up, kinda, cheated and didn't read the always awesome chattering.....no time i tell ya~:rolleyes1

So very sorry to hear about Delswife, a truly beautiful person who will be missed....RIP:littleangel:

I will try to keep up better. stupid life,,,always gettin' in the way.:)

KIM:hug:

Leave town for the weekend and already a chapter behind. Off to catch up, but just wanted to wish you and Smidgy a belated Happy New Year.

And a belated Happy New Year to everyone else as well. Hope everyone had a good one. I know lady H and I did.

Nebo, all caught up, kinda, cheated and didn't read the always awesome chattering.....no time i tell ya~:rolleyes1

So very sorry to hear about Delswife, a truly beautiful person who will be missed....RIP:littleangel:

I will try to keep up better. stupid life,,,always gettin' in the way.:)

KIM:hug:

That still saddens me about Delswife, I had just met her briefly through a coupled of pm's before she left the DIS.

T-Man great to have you back, but like Kim here, don't worry about trying to catch up, there's no tests and certainly nothing you have to apologize for, really.
I'm used to being snubbed, ignored, always getting the hand me down clothes, left over love, left over food, left over dreams,,,,,,

Anyway, I hope to get a chpater up tonight, I started the new one thinking it might not go too well, and I was right,
for some reason this next chapter has been a bear to write, so we'll see.

T-Man great to have you back, but like Kim here, don't worry about trying to catch up, there's no tests and certainly nothing you have to apologize for, really.

Who apologized? :confused3 :laughing: I have no reason to apologize. I know the chapters will be there when I get a chance to read them. I popped in to wish you, Smidgy and everyone a Happy New Year.

And what do you mean no test. I thought there was going to be one. I've been studying hard to. I thought I would know all the answers this time.

"True of False: Nebo blasted Smidgy with a water cannon?"
"What was wrong with the Santa Fe on the trip?" (2 possible answers).

I'm used to being snubbed, ignored, always getting the hand me down clothes, left over love, left over food, left over dreams,,,,,,

And I would never snub you. :snooty: I like being part of the Nebo clan. I don't want to get blocked. I like to think we have a lot of fun here.

Hey Thumper, I was just teasin how everybody always says fallen behind and can't get up. I wish all the readers would post something, but that makes no sense either cuz it would then be all call outs.

This next chapter may be a bit short, but it's what happens when a loving couple has too much time together,
and drinks are involved. Believe me, the events you are about to read concerning the cups and glasses really happened,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unfortunately.

I was staring at the ceiling last night/this morning, around four o'clock waiting for the sun to join me and shoo away some of these night demons, when I forced my mind onto a different path.
Let's go back to Harry for a minute:

In the last scene Harry and Ginny are married with kids, ditto Ron and Hermoine.

Now, skipping the totally unrealistic part that both couples would still be married after all these years passed, using today's statistics,
or also, that it would appear that none of them have so far used the Cruciatus Curse on their partners, you have to wonder what might be in their futures.

And shouldn't they have shown Ginny out buying a Dodge Caravan Mini-van now that she's a Quidditch mom?

J.K. has slipped it seems on whether she might bring them all back in new books, so with them all older and married now, can we speculate on the possible titles of a new series of Harry books? Yes, you know where this is going:

There's the really obvious:
"Harry Potter and the Painful Kidney Stone"

Other possibilities may be:
"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of CanzaSpam"

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood, Half-Cheese and Pepperoni Prince."

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix BBQ Wings"

and the one I'm expecting,,,really looking forward to,

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fiber":lmao:

(yes, that's what I do at 4 in the morning, at least now I can turn my mind off of that subject, I hope)

It's Saturday night,
, and I ain't got nobody, I got some money cuz I just got paid,,,,,,,,,
sorry, never mind

But we didn't know what to do with ourselves.
It's too early for bed, especially after the nap, and we still haven't totall decided what we are doing tomorrow morning.

You see, at the last minute we added a day on our tickets, Smidgy had said we hadn't gone and seen Fantasmic since december of '07 with Jill and John, which is true, and she was ready to try it again. I can't rember what we were originally going to do that Sunday, but it turned into a DHS day along with the planned DHS day on Monday for Emh.
Whoa. I was dangerously close to speaking in NATO speak, you know where everything is in acronyms and abbreviations, also known as Ludlum Speak.

But it's about 8 pm now, do we want to start having more drinks? Do we do rope drop and come back tomorrow for a break? What about lunch, in the park or in the room? Do we try to get fastpasses for later on?
Do I tell them that my mother used to be a Cubs fan?

All hard and legitimate questions we haven't answered yet.

I started the "moment of indecision" off properly by going and getting mor ice for the bucket.
What this did was give me time to think some more on these pressing dilemmas.

When I returned, ,,,, ok, now that I went to the trouble of getting the ice, it would be folly not to use the ice, so I had a Dreamsickle, seemed like a good after-meal drink.
Smidgy saw it and cracked, herself, just like I knew she would. She made a drink also.

No, I'm no longer worrying about supplies and having to hitch up the wagon and go to town, after tonight there are only 3 nights left on this trip.
She was hoping we could play some Connect 4, but there is no way I can play that game unless it's ouside in broad daylight, most room lighting is way too low for me to see.

In this room? Not a chance, rooms don't get darker than in AKL.
It was funny, even in the daytime with the drapes wide open on a bright sunshiny day, it was still hard to see the table right to the side of the sliding doors, it just disappeared in a black hole I would have to feel for.

Well, our sitting on the balcony turned into more sitting on the balcony, and the Dreamsickles got themselves all growed up into real time adult type drinks after a while.

Which then led into adult type talking,
which then becomes silly talk.

Oh, it starts out harmless enough, then it makes a turn at Monty Python and keeps going.
Let me give you Exhibit A:

We were talking about the Cup O Soup I had bought for the trip, which we have yet to even open.
I thought it might be a good late at night snack since we will have a microwave to heat up water in.
But now that I think of it, when's the last time after having some drinks right before bed you said, "Hey, you know a cup of some crappy noodle soup would go good right about now?"

But I was reading the instructions anyway, not that I'm in
the mood for some chicken noodle soup along with my manhattan.

The instructions are very clear though;
Pour contents from packet into a SIX ounce cup or mug, then fill with hot water.

Ok, I asked Diane, how much is exactly 6 ounces?

Disney has left us glass mugs, glass glasses, and some plastic cups here in the studio, but no idea what denomination they were.
( I'd hate to pick up one that wasn't Orthadox)

We too have brought some cups from previous trips, again, no idea what size they were though.
But we do know this: I brought one package of plastic cups that says 12 ounces on them, and another package that was 14 ounce clear cups.

But the question remains, how to measure out exactly
6 ounces?

This brings us full circle to Die Hard 3, where bad guy Simon has John and , um, Zeuss? have to measure out exactly 4 gallons, using a 3 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug.

Originally, my intentions were to see which of you could solve the riddle first, but with Mr. Google leaning over my shoulder waiting to ruin all my quizzicals, there's no point in it I guess, and I may as well just tell you and save you the trouble.

3 gallon jug,,,,,, 5 gallon jug,,,,,, need exactly 4 gallons.

Fill 5 gallon jug, pour into 3 gallon jug.
pour out 3 gal jug.
2 gal still remain in 5 gal jug.
Pour the 2 gal remaining in 5 gal into 3 gal jug.
This leaves room for 1 more gallon in 3 gal jug.
Fill 5 gal jug.
Now use 5 gal jug to fill up 3 gal jug,
This leaves 4 gallons in the 5 gallon jug.

ta daa
And no, I didn't use Mr. Google to get the solution.

Why do we care?
Because this is what we are now trying to do, now.

I've got all these mystery ounce cups out along with my definate 12's and 14 ouncers, trying to find a way to come up with exactly 6 ounces.

As I'm filling up plastic cups and pouring them into other, larger plastic cups, Smidgy comes in to make a drink, then
she get's involved.

We've got plastic cups filled with water sitting all over the place, I went and sat down.

Yes, I know, this is the power of alcohol coupled with being tired, it makes you stupid.

I quit thinking about it, started thinking again about what we are doing tomorrow, when suddenly I leaped up and ran to the wet bar.
Ok, hobbled to the wet bar.

I grabbed all the glasses and dumped them out and put them on the side, out of the way.

"I only need two glasses, both 12 ouncers," I announced.

I filled one up all the way, then carefully poured exactly half of it into another same size glass, when the lines were even I had exactly 6 ounces in each glass!

VOILA! :happytv:

You have to understand, to us that night this was right up there with discovering penicillin in a pot of water.

Then Diane had to go and ruin it;
"Where's my glass of vodka I just poured for my drink?"

Whoops.

But she then accused me of "malicious wastering", which I then had to counter with the
Downy Wrinkle Free Spray fiasco.

This was something she had to have for the trip.
I had never heard of it so when I did the trip's shopping, I searched and searched for it, the store we shop at is gigantic. Eventually I had to hike the half mile to the service desk to ask if, and where it was.

I eventully found it and it made it all the way to CBR in a box.
There she found out it had removed it's cap half way, then lied on it's side to pour all it's contents out and ruin the box itself.

She was on the ground outside looking for a place to throw out a wet soggy box and asked a housekeeper. This housekeeper who wasn't even ours brought us up a couple more boxes that worked just fine. Before we left we found her again and Diane tipped her 3 bucks extra.

So, far be it for me to condone any alcohol wastering, but I pointed out that the Downey we never even got to use cost us 6.50 cents, figuring the maid's extra tip.
"Now THAT"S Malicious Wastering."

September, 18th, Sunday
The next morning we slept in, we'll get to the studios when we get there. After doing my morning chores, I got the same table and chairs at the pool we desired, she met me a short time later.

If not for the love bugs, mornings are very nice down here,mainly because the Yellow Jackets haven't moved in yet.

This is from yesterday, I missed it when I should have posted it.

img010.jpg

By our usual standards we weren't down there that long, clouds moved in and we went back up to make lunch.
We finally, finally, get to eat the ridiculous priced sausage we bought at Goodings.
I still say we would have been better leasing it.

Let me repeat once again,,,, all you DIsney tourists,,
do not, repeat, do not go to Goodings for food at Disney.
Goodings is like a very large grab and go section at a
Disney resort.
There is a Publix on 192 that is not much further, just south of Animal Kingdom and a little bit west, on the north side of the street that is much cheaper on just about everything.

We sat outside to eat for a few minutes, but the bugs and then the storm that moved in sent us back inside.
Watching the storm I think sent us both in a reflective mode, we didn't say anything but just stared out the window and silently ate. All I kept thinking was "I can't believe that was almost two weeks ago already, how in the world did we survive driving in that monsoon?

I looked at my watch, almost 12;30,,,hmm, two weeks ago right about now, I found out about the "hissing" tire that was almost flat. Yep, just the start of it all going to hell.

If I had been drinking, the thoughts would have been sobering.

I shook it off, we finished getting dressed and after Diane said we oughta bring umbrellas, we each grabbed one and headed to the bus stop.

none of them have so far used the Cruciatus Curse on their partners, you have to wonder what might be in their futures.

Hmmm... I wonder how hard it would be to learn.... Never mind!

And shouldn't they have shown Ginny out buying a Dodge Caravan Mini-van now that she's a Quidditch mom?

:lmao:

There's the really obvious:
"Harry Potter and the Painful Kidney Stone"

:headache: Did you have to go there? In this situation, "Painful" is not really appropriate. More like "Screamingly Excrutiating". No really, I enjoy a good kidney stone once in a while. Really.

Other possibilities may be:
"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of CanzaSpam"

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood, Half-Cheese and Pepperoni Prince."

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix BBQ Wings"

and the one I'm expecting,,,really looking forward to,

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fiber":lmao:

:lmao: I can't comment! I'm too busy laughing!

(yes, that's what I do at 4 in the morning, at least now I can turn my mind off of that subject, I hope)

Oh, sure. You might be able to turn your mind off it, but we're all stuck being turned on.

Ummm.....

Maybe I should reprhase that...

It's Saturday night,
, and I ain't got nobody, I got some money cuz I just got paid,,,,,,,,,
sorry, never mind

Don't know that one. Listened on YouTube (Home of everything you'd ever want to see... or not see), and didn't recognize it.

Whoa. I was dangerously close to speaking in NATO speak, you know where everything is in acronyms and abbreviations, also known as Ludlum Speak.

Oddly enough, for some reason, I just haven't read much Ludlum... Don't know why.

But it's about 8 pm now, do we want to start having more drinks? Do we do rope drop and come back tomorrow for a break? What about lunch, in the park or in the room? Do we try to get fastpasses for later on?
Do I tell them that my mother used to be a Cubs fan?

All hard and legitimate questions we haven't answered yet.

You don't know if your mother was a Cubs fan?

Smidgy saw it and cracked, herself, just like I knew she would.

Hopefully she was able to pull herself together. Maybe with some super glue?

It was funny, even in the daytime with the drapes wide open on a bright sunshiny day, it was still hard to see the table right to the side of the sliding doors, it just disappeared in a black hole I would have to feel for.

In which Nebo is sucked into another dimension where Santa Fe repairs are only a dollar and tires never go flat. But Nebos are dull and uninspired... Stick with the more expensive but more entertaining universe.

Which then led into adult type talking,
which then becomes silly talk.

Okay, if you can beat the Harry Potter titles for silly talk, I'll give you a nickel.

We were talking about the Cup O Soup I had bought for the trip, which we have yet to even open.
I thought it might be a good late at night snack since we will have a microwave to heat up water in.
But now that I think of it, when's the last time after having some drinks right before bed you said, "Hey, you know a cup of some crappy noodle soup would go good right about now?"

Let me give you some advice. If you have a package of Cup O Soup. Throw out the contents and eat the packaging. 1. It's probably more nutritious. 2. It certainly has more fiber. 3. It will taste better than the alternative.

Ok, I asked Diane, how much is exactly 6 ounces?

177.4411776 milliliters.

Yes, I know, this is the power of alcohol coupled with being tired, it makes you stupid.

Nah. You don't need alcohol and exhaustion.

I grabbed all the glasses and dumped them out and put them on the side, out of the way.

"I only need two glasses, both 12 ouncers," I announced.

I filled one up all the way, then carefully poured exactly half of it into another same size glass, when the lines were even I had exactly 6 ounces in each glass!

VOILA! :happytv:

Were the sides of the glasses 100% parallel? If your glasses (and most of 'em are) have sloped sides then you have a problem. Usually glasses are like this: \_/
Let's take an extreme case. Two glasses. One like this \_/

and one like this \_________/

You can see that if both glasses have the same level of water that one has more than the other.

So if you pour from the top wider half of one glass into the bottom narrower half of the other glass you won't have the same amount in each glass as the top half is wider than the bottom.

See?

psst. smidgy. did he buy it? don't tell him that it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

You have to understand, to us that night this was right up there with discovering penicillin in a pot of water.

Wait! Didn't we cover sliced bread earlier in this TR?

Then Diane had to go and ruin it;
"Where's my glass of vodka I just poured for my drink?"

Whoops.

Oh, you are so going to get it!

But she then accused me of "malicious wastering", which I then had to counter with the
Downy Wrinkle Free Spray fiasco.

With the price of booze, I think she still has you beat.

By our usual standards we weren't down there that long, clouds moved in and we went back up to make lunch.
We finally, finally, get to eat the ridiculous priced sausage we bought at Goodings.

So was it the best sausage you've ever had? Considering the price of course.

I still say we would have been better leasing it.

Just like beer... You can't buy sausage, you can only rent it.

Watching the storm I think sent us both in a reflective mode, we didn't say anything but just stared out the window and silently ate. All I kept thinking was "I can't believe that was almost two weeks ago already, how in the world did we survive driving in that monsoon?

And I'm thinking, "How on Earth did we cover two weeks on this TR already?" No, not a dig. Time flies when you're having fun.

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

"How I wish I had someone to talk to, I'm in an awful mess."

I like the song choice Nebo, better than the other Saturday song possibility, S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night. That song might be one the Yellow Jackets would like to ruin for you. ;)

I love Harry Potter! I like the future book titles! :thumbsup2 I can't wait until DS is ready to read them. Maybe only another year or two.

Like Pkondz, I haven't read much Ludlum, maybe only one of the Bourne books I believe. What is your opinion of him?

You know when I get tired, I tend to get really silly and I laugh at everything so your deep meditation concerning how to measure 6 inches of liquid rings a bell with me. Sounds like something I would be perplexed by in my semi-conscious state.

Great chapter Nebo! Stretch these next few chapters out if you can. Talk about the hole in the sidewalk, write a commentary on Disney transportation, pros/cons of Fantasmic, you get my drift. String this sucker out as long as possible! ;)

ya know.. it's true that we could have just "guessed"i.e. filled up a 12 ounce cup half way, but.. that WASN'T THE POINT!!! sorry.. didn't mean to yell. but nebo and I like puzzles.. a lot... (like why in the world did we remarry? but.. I digress...):rotfl: just kidding!! honey? kiss hug!!!

now, the whiskey is basically his. but he likes some of my vodka, too.. esp, in sunnyD bottles.. I would have been fine with him wasting whiskey.. but, Vodka???:scared1:

I'm sorry Nebo bowed to the "google" age,a nd told the Die Hard brain teaser along with the answer.. It used to be SO much fun to put out trivia questions, brain teasers,etc., and wait and see who could come up with the answer... sigh.. I guess those days are gone forever.

I notice this even when tending bar. it used to be fun to "put out" trivia questins, whether they be sports stats, movie questions (ie, who starred in< etc.)... years ago.. people would sit there trying to remember "who made such and such song? and what year? " and I would offer a free drink to whoever could come up with the answer...

how would we find out the answer? I would call steve at home... he always knew such mindless trivel....(he was SUCH a good "back up" for a bartender!!!):lmao:
actually, peopel used to call him all the time for answers such as that.. until... GOOGLE!!!

ya know, I'll bet there are tons of trivia nerds who can no longer get dates, since they can no longer impress anyone anymore, thanks to.. google!!:sad2:

now on to the sausage/weather channel incident.

now, you all recall that I FORGOT the frozen sausage in the freezer at home... and tha AM we left, he asked me if I remembered this, that and the other thing, and I shoo -shooed him annoyingly (I am NOT a morning person).

I ADMIT!! if I had listened to him, he would have gotten to the smoked sausage.. at which point I would have said, "OMG!! you are right! I forgot I froze the meat so it would stay good longer... thank y ou, thank you, oh wise sage!!" ... instead I said " XXZZZG@(#^$$&*(" yeah, yeah, I remembered everything, don't talk to me in the morning $^*(!!!

ok, we didn't plan on bringing hot dog buns at all. even tho the sausage he bought was links. the plan was to eat the links on the plate with a knife and fork, with the velveeta microwave mac and cheese cups he bought. as long as we are renting points for 2 studios with kitchenettes, might as well use them... the microwaves.

so, while the sausage with mac and cheese cups may sound better than nuked up cans of chili or beef stew.. nothing to really "look forward to".. but, since I forgot the meat, it suddenly became this GREAT meal he had" looked forward to"!!. and all they had at goodings was smoked sausage, not links... but, for the heck of it, I grabbed some hot dog buns anyway.

now I had already been calling the front desk, every day... for some reason, we could NOT get the weather channel!!! to me, the last few days of the trip when driving, this is important. I will streatch out a trip rather than drive through bad weather.. I will call the restaurant and tell them "sorry, won't be in Friday night.. don't want to drive through a storm.. I'll be ther sat. night.. might have to stay a night in kissimmee, oh well... esp after the drive down, I did NOT wnat to drive through bad weather.. and.. at AKL, we could NOT get the weather channel in.. at all!!! I called and called... they would sent someone up.....

so here we are.. I am about to microwave the smoked sausage. I do what I always do at home when we are going to eat in on a plate with a knife and fork.. cut it into 4 pieces.. which will fit on one plate in the microwave...

well, nebo is not happy! he wanted it cut into 2 LONG pieces, so he could eat it in a bun. with the ends sticking out. I say "but, each of the 4 pieces fits really good in a bun!!!" but he wants the ends sticking OUT of the bun, (like he had once at a BBQ at work,) and I was supposed to know that, even though the buns weren't in the initial plan anyway, and this is the way I always cut up smoked sausage at home. and the way I cut them filled up the gosh darn bun anyway!!!!

but, when you have a trip with SO much going wrong, sometimes it's the "little things" that get in your craw. and this is what I told myself when we found ourselves quibbling about how the sausage is cut!. how silly are we? and we probably would still be arguing about it to this day, had not the mainainence guy knocked on the door to fix the weather channel thing.... I was never SO happy to see anyone!!!:worship:

well, he fixed it. we got the weather channel.. for about an hour.. until it screwed up again... I just gave up... I called down to tell them it still wasn't fixed. and let the next tenants worry about it.

nebo kept telling me "the weather will be waht it will be.. what are you going to do about it?" well I would hang around fla for a day or 2until the bad weather goes away!!!.. (now I am rain shy!!!)

of course, in my defense, I don't have a lap top, or an I phone or anything else fancy....

when we get to Nashville, we need to make a decision... do we switch to 65 and go through INdiana? or do we stay on 24 and go through Illinois? and we need to know this when we leave florida.. cause we either make it to Shepardsville, KY the first night, or Southern Illinois. (probaby Effingham (where I once left my favorite "squooshy" pillow in some dive motel)

so I like to plan out our drive ahead of time.. silly me...

now I think we should just stay at a notel 6 or knights iNn in kissimee for a few days until there is NO weather.. AT ALL! then go home.. who CARES if I miss a few more days of work??????:rotfl:

I'm sorry Nebo bowed to the "google" age,a nd told the Die Hard brain teaser along with the answer.. It used to be SO much fun to put out trivia questions, brain teasers,etc., and wait and see who could come up with the answer... sigh.. I guess those days are gone forever.

Yup.

With the last Planet of the Apes film that was released in 2011 I wondered how many films there were since the original with Charlton Heston. The answer I got?

Planet of the Apes (1968)
Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970)
Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971)
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)
Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)

Planet of the Apes (2001) redone by Tim Burton.

and two TV shows:
Planet of the Apes (1974)
Return to the Planet of the Apes (1975)

Great. Wonderful. Thanks for sucking the life out of the question.

Oh, and shut up. :sad2:

I would call steve at home... he always knew such mindless trivel....(he was SUCH a good "back up" for a bartender!!!):lmao:
actually, peopel used to call him all the time for answers such as that.. until... GOOGLE!!!

Did you mean mindless 'drivel' or 'trivia'. Actually, I think trivel is a good new word that covers both bases. :)

I'm really good at trivia too... In my own way. Somebody will mention something and I'll be like, "Oh, yeah, ummm... I know that... ummm... hang on... oh shoot, it's right on the tip of my tongue... ummmm.... arrrgh.... I almost had it.... wait... ummm...." By then some young smart alec has whipped out his smart phone and provided all the Planet of the Apes movies.

ya know, I'll bet there are tons of trivia nerds who can no longer get dates, since they can no longer impress anyone anymore, thanks to.. google!!:sad2:

Never really thought about it like that before. So when you remarried, was your computer down?

Or look at it this way. All these trivia nerds can't get dates... Can't get dates, can't procreate... Can't procreate and the average IQ of the planet slowly begins it's inevitable slide down to the point where we're just monkeys going "ook, ook" while we pound on our iPads.

Yup.

Did you mean mindless 'drivel' or 'trivia'. Actually, I think trivel is a good new word that covers both bases. :)

I meant drivel, but couldn't think of the word.. but you're right! I like the new word.. trivel.. it fits!!!

QUOTE]

Let me repeat once again,,,, all you DIsney tourists,,
do not, repeat, do not go to Goodings for food at Disney.
Goodings is like a very large grab and go section at a
Disney resort. There is a Publix on 192 that is not much further, just south of Animal Kingdom and a little bit west, on the north side of the street that is much cheaper on just about everything.

Just chiming in with another public (NOT "Publix") service announcement: There is a Winn-Dixie just north of Goodings (Crossroads) on Apopka-Vineland Road. It's maybe 2 traffic lights up the road and the prices are quite reasonable. There's also a Walgreen's right across the street, for those who like to buy their $35 Disney T-shirts for $10 instead.

I also have to laugh at the soup calculations. You see, I'm in the same quandary myself. My DH gave me a Keurig cofee maker for Christmas, which is fine except that it takes up practically all of our limited counter space, but that's a story for another day. This model offers three brewing sizes - there's a button with a little teeny cup, like you would get at Grandma's house (pinky finger sticking out size); a "regular" looking coffee cup, and a tall cup that looks like a travel mug. So I go to town, poke my Dunkin Donut's K-Cup and press the middle button. Chug-chug-poof-Whoosh! and I get -- exactly half a cup of coffee. Press the button again to ask for more- nothing. DH says I have to lift the handle and poke the cup again. This works and I get a cup full to near overflowing.

Now, I could go and read the directions (I guess it's theoretically possible) but instead I've been "living with" the machine to see if I can figure out its quirks on my own. The problem is that I have several favorite mugs and they all hold different amounts. So not only do I have to figure out which button combination fills the mug the right amount, I have to remember the combination for all the different mugs!

It hasn't happened yet. But since I read Nebo's latest entry here at work, and we have a chemical lab, I decided to go and ask them if they had any beakers that had ounces on them so I could do the math and maybe post a spreadsheet on the kitchen cabinet above the coffee maker. My favorite mug here is about the size of my largest mug at home, so it would make a good start.

Alas, they only had ml's (the scientific unit of measure). So Google to the rescue- the conversion is this: 1 oz = 29.6 ml. Google also tells me that my machine offers 6oz, 8oz and 10 oz choices. (So the picture of the giant travel mug is really 10 measly ounces. Is this thing German?Do they use miniature mugs in Europe?)

Since no cup of coffee is actually worth all of this, I decided to wait until the boss goes out of town in a week or so and then bring in my mugs for the lab people to measure for me. Once I know how many oz. they each hold, I'll be in bidness, as Dave Thomas would say.

Just chiming in with another public (NOT "Publix") service announcement: There is a Winn-Dixie just north of Goodings (Crossroads) on Apopka-Vineland Road. It's maybe 2 traffic lights up the road and the prices are quite reasonable. There's also a Walgreen's right across the street, for those who like to buy their $35 Disney T-shirts for $10 instead.

I also have to laugh at the soup calculations. You see, I'm in the same quandary myself. My DH gave me a Keurig cofee maker for Christmas, which is fine except that it takes up practically all of our limited counter space, but that's a story for another day. This model offers three brewing sizes - there's a button with a little teeny cup, like you would get at Grandma's house (pinky finger sticking out size); a "regular" looking coffee cup, and a tall cup that looks like a travel mug. So I go to town, poke my Dunkin Donut's K-Cup and press the middle button. Chug-chug-poof-Whoosh! and I get -- exactly half a cup of coffee. Press the button again to ask for more- nothing. DH says I have to lift the handle and poke the cup again. This works and I get a cup full to near overflowing.

Now, I could go and read the directions (I guess it's theoretically possible) but instead I've been "living with" the machine to see if I can figure out its quirks on my own. The problem is that I have several favorite mugs and they all hold different amounts. So not only do I have to figure out which button combination fills the mug the right amount, I have to remember the combination for all the different mugs!

It hasn't happened yet. But since I read Nebo's latest entry here at work, and we have a chemical lab, I decided to go and ask them if they had any beakers that had ounces on them so I could do the math and maybe post a spreadsheet on the kitchen cabinet above the coffee maker. My favorite mug here is about the size of my largest mug at home, so it would make a good start.

Alas, they only had ml's (the scientific unit of measure). So Google to the rescue- the conversion is this: 1 oz = 29.6 ml. Google also tells me that my machine offers 6oz, 8oz and 10 oz choices. (So the picture of the giant travel mug is really 10 measly ounces. Is this thing German?Do they use miniature mugs in Europe?)

Since no cup of coffee is actually worth all of this, I decided to wait until the boss goes out of town in a week or so and then bring in my mugs for the lab people to measure for me. Once I know how many oz. they each hold, I'll be in bidness, as Dave Thomas would say.

That was quite the breakdown on the coffee maker's sizes. We just have a big old coffeemaker that makes 10 - 12 cups of the same stuff at once. Maybe we should come forward into the 2000's... :lmao:

Hey, are you guys available when I have to help my daughter figure out math story problems for homework?

Ok, I am now on page 89. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NEBO!!!:banana: Boy I think you should have punched him, but then It might have came back and bit u. People like that have no feelings for anyone. Well back to reading. Pictures are awesome.

Hi, I have been lurking for a few days since reading page 1 of your TR. To my better half's dismay I've now read 114 pages, not posts......and way behind on her todo list for me :rolleyes1 . I have thoroughly enjoyed the TR and posts, looking forward to reading more new, and visiting your older works. :thumbsup2

We are really looking forward to staying at POFQ this summer (only15320000 seconds to go) as we loved it in 2010, this time my inlaws and children will be there......when there are kids it is an even better excuse acting like a child.....I usually don't need an excuse:yay:

I was a silent passer by, but your posts and all the good humoured/friendly interaction encouraged me to join.

Many thanks to you and all:worship:

Hi, I have been lurking for a few days since reading page 1 of your TR. To my better half's dismay I've now read 114 pages, not posts......and way behind on her todo list for me :rolleyes1 . I have thoroughly enjoyed the TR and posts, looking forward to reading more new, and visiting your older works. :thumbsup2

You do realize, that I got all excited thinking I was this new person''s very first Post! Number one and oh, the comments I could make, until you went and said your better half is the female of the group. :sad2:, but that's ok, great to have you with Mac, really.
I can't believe you're posting from all the way over in Glasgow Indiana.;)
Ok, it's still in Scotland, right? I have a warm spot in my heart cuz that's where Scotty came from, "Captain, I don't know how much longer the engines can take it," and I miss him, rest his soul.

Feel free to join in anytime Mac, I need the help!

We are really looking forward to staying at POFQ this summer (only15320000 seconds to go) as we loved it in 2010, this time my inlaws and children will be there......when there are kids it is an even better excuse acting like a child.....I usually don't need an excuse:yay:

I was a silent passer by, but your posts and all the good humoured/friendly interaction encouraged me to join.

Many thanks to you and all:worship:

We have stayed at Riverside and French Quarter many times now, but never seen Yee Ha Bob and have been told not to miss it. He plays certain nights at the River Roost down in Riverside and from what I've seen he's a big hit with kids. Thiought you might like to know if you already didn't . I even found a U-tube video of him,,, his name is BOB Jackson. By the way, when in the summer are you going?

Ok, I am now on page 89. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NEBO!!!:banana: Boy I think you should have punched him, but then It might have came back and bit u. People like that have no feelings for anyone. Well back to reading. Pictures are awesome.

Hi Connie, you still didn't answer me if everything is ok by you. Is Randy doing allright also?
You just made me stumble back to page 89 to see who I should have punched, and the options were Ponzi, Car Care guy, or Ponzi again.
After much thought I figured out that I think you meant Car Care guy, and you're right.
So, am I right?

Hey, are you guys available when I have to help my daughter figure out math story problems for homework?

Absolutely Laura, do you both drink Manhattans and vodka? That part is important for fluid. lucid thought harvesting.

That was quite the breakdown on the coffee maker's sizes. We just have a big old coffeemaker that makes 10 - 12 cups of the same stuff at once. Maybe we should come forward into the 2000's... :lmao:

So far, we have had zero luck and working with the new coffee maker thingies. Last trip I brought some Instant coffee with me just in case.

Ok, stop right there. I don't remember if we've been in a Winn Dixie or not, maybe Smidgy does.
Do you think it's cheaper than Publix? And is where you are talking about,,a liquor store by the Walgreens that Backstage Gal mentioned a couple of weeks ago. And is the Liquer store named ABC?

I'm pretty sure I've been to the Walgreens, :rolleyes1but not sure about the Winn and the liquour store.
I wonder how much it would cost to take a cab from Coronado Springs to the Liquer store and back?

And somewhere in those sentances, I spelled the "booze" store, correctly. Boy, you think of all the words in the English language to have a problem with......

um,,, sentences,,,, no, sentances,,, that's it,, right?
Think I'm getting tired?

Wow, I think I"d either kill myself first,,,
or switch to drinking tea where all you have to do is drop the 'thing on a string' in the cup of water.

I keep picturing the assistant named Beeker in the "Muppetvision" who reluctantlhy has to start the machine up and keeps getting clobbered on the head by the wooden pegs that spin by.

I know just the person up north in a city that deals totally in silly milli-meters, in a town named Winnipeg.
Just call up information and ask for Dustin Byfuglein. If he's not available ask for Andrew Ladd.

Great post Swabby, ya made me work for it!:lmao:

Ok, we will be getting back to pictures the next chapter, no, haven't quite run out of them all yet, see ya all soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter