• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

Just checking in to make sure Smidgy got home ok. I was worried about her driving home with the crazy's on the street.

Oh My, I got so far behind, trying to plan a wedding and get ready for the holidays almost did me in, but I'm all caught up now. Wade (my fiance) was been giving me strange looks because I keep laughing out loud as I read your updates, until I told him I was reading yours and then he got it.

I've never eaten at Saana before, but we may try it in June. We thought about staying at a Deluxe resort this time since it's our honeymoon, but my cheap self decided to go with a moderate or value and add the dining plan. We'll have to pay for it since it's June, but I'd rather do that and have some nice meals than stay at a deluxe without the dining plan. Sure wish they would offer it in June, but I know that will never happen.

Terri

Just checking in to make sure Smidgy got home ok. I was worried about her driving home with the crazy's on the street.

AW!!! you are SO sweet! actually, I left the restaurant at 11:30 (snuck out of there before I got stuck driving the owner home, which happens quite often). the place was hopping..(the bar area). I was leaving.... gettin' old!

I had narry a drop of alcohol, and I was amazed at how quiet the roads were! I guess everyone was where they wanted to be at midnight.
I snuck into the bedroom to change, and went downstairs tograb a beer and a root beer schapps on the rocks. o and behold nebo came down. !!! we snuck in a midnight kiss.

ah! but tonight I beat him at both Othello and Rummy 500,. so 2012 is starting out good!!!:lmao:(hey, we know how to have a good time!!!)

tee dee, I would go with a moderate with the dining plan over a deluxe without.. this was a big reason we have opted out of purchasing DVC (not like we could afford it anyway) but.. we REALLY LOVE the moderate resorts!!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

It's been crazy on the homefront, like Pkondz I took a few days off from work to spend with the kids so I have read the thread, but I haven't posted in a while. The house is still a wreck from Christmas, but I try to remember that the kids are growing up every day and it won't be long before they are grown with families of their own. I try, sometimes not well, to just enjoy the little things, the moments, you know. I don't really love New Years resolutions, but I do like thinking of making a more conscious effort to just enjoy the little things. I think, in the grand scheme of things, that they are what make a life wonderful, you know?

Nebo, the last chapter was awesome! :thumbsup2

I think I am worse than you in the picky department. Sanaa is more like Sa-no in my book of "must dos". I don't really like spicy and unknown sauces are to be avoided as I am a culinary creature of habit. We have tried to experience the signatures one by one and on our last trip we hit the final one. Almost all of them have a steak, usually filet, with red wine sauce. I usually try to fly under the radar and just ask for it "on the side".

I'm torn here Nebo, between relief and comedic dismay that your Sanaa shrimp came without the tails. Relief for you that you were lucky enough to avoid the Ohana after dinner bonus, dismayed because we, your readers, didn't get to read of you sprinting back from Kidani or praying for that bus to get there pronto. You know how we are right? It's always a double edged sword. We all love you, but we also love when you make us laugh! ;)

Orangecats, I am so sorry that the lay off happened. I believe that there will be something better for you! You certainly deserve it.

DH and I work for the same company. Some years ago we were purchased by a larger company and were left alone for quite awhile. Within the last two years, the consumption of us by the larger group has been ongoing. It's been really tough this last little bit and with us it's a double jeopardy scenario, so we are keeping our eyes and ears open. There just seems to be so much redundancy now so new opportunities are definitely desired. It's so sad because our co-workers are terrific people, the local management team has been terrific. Heck, DH and I got married on a Friday night so our co-workers could easily attend the wedding. Everyone there has been like family to us, so this impending change is just tough to contemplate. :sad2:

I don't want to end this post on a blah note, so anyway Nebo and Smidgy, when are you guys planning to take your grandson with you to Disney? I think you said August?

And I think it is terrific that you are going to shake up the dining review thread! ;) I can't wait to read the link in just a second.

did you ever hit an impass... as far as "rules" in card games?

don't cha know.... every city, nieghborhood, burrough, parrish, etc etc , has their own rules?? evn in Chitown (chicago,) depends which neighborhood you grew up in, which high school you went to, what your parents taught you.

ok, Nebo and I ALWAY argue (imagine that!!!:rotfl:) about the rules....

rummy 500: in picking up from the discard pile:: you have to USe the bottom card, and pick up all on top of it.

do they all have to show?
can you pick up and exchange only the top discard card, without using it?

when putting down cards in front of you, can you "build on" another person's "set" if you have yet to open? (ie, put down your own set)

if someone puts discards a card that COULD have been put downon some one else's set, can you yell "rummy" and add it to your own?

do you have to0 announce "last card"?

and ace in the hand..when someone goes out. 5.. or 15?

any other weird rules.. (or, to rephrase.. any OTHER things nebo and I can argue about??) tee hee!

notice I didnt' say which of us played which way. and don'tyou just hate it when you have played a certain way for years,, then meet a handsome, suave, witty man, who knocks you off your feet, and THEN!!! you find out...!! he plays cards the TOTALLTY WRONG WAY!!!:scared1::rotfl:;)

I deleted this as it was a duplicate.. don't know how to just make the whole post go bye-bye!

don't even get me started on spades, and whether or not you predict tricks, and if you get points taken off for predicting too many tricks......

and do you know kids these days (meaning 20 and 30 somethings) have NO idea how to play cards? sigh)

and I think we dissers should hold a canasta or cribbagge tournament, followed by hearts and spades!

Glad to read that you guys made it through the holidays. Trying to get caught up. Hopefully I will finish catching up tomorrow. Tuesday we are heading up to Disneyland for 3 days. DH and I decided it was time to get passes again :banana: so we are going to be staying at Paradise Pier (which does have a 13th floor.. Would love to try a tr but so will not be able to reach the bar all of you have.
Happy New Year all!

Hey Marita! :)

Yep, that was me. Did I make you hungry?

Is this like Pkondz with his beloved ZDs at Mara?

OK, I guess I'm older than I feel. There's a BIG number birthday coming up in February - you know, half way to 100. Big enough birthday to talk my DH into a DL and a WDW trip in 2012:yay:. Kind of takes the sting out of the milestone.

i think only two trips to Disney a year is totally reasonable, and I'm not sure Disneyland counts since it's in the same state you'r in.

Hi Nebo! I have gotten shocked using the garbage disposal. Last time it happened I mentioned to my husband that I didn't think that should happen, but he assured me that it's normal at our house. So, now I make him do the dishes.
).

That's good, I like that.
To me flicking the switch with wet hands is like reaching down to a strange dog not knowing if he's going to bite you or not, and I don't like to be bitten either.

She's safe, the only crazy was at home.

Oh My, I got so far behind, trying to plan a wedding and get ready for the holidays almost did me in, but I'm all caught up now. Wade (my fiance) was been giving me strange looks because I keep laughing out loud as I read your updates, until I told him I was reading yours and then he got it.

I've never eaten at Saana before, but we may try it in June. We thought about staying at a Deluxe resort this time since it's our honeymoon, but my cheap self decided to go with a moderate or value and add the dining plan. We'll have to pay for it since it's June, but I'd rather do that and have some nice meals than stay at a deluxe without the dining plan. Sure wish they would offer it in June, but I know that will never happen.

Terri

Congrats Terri, I'd chose the same thing, a mod with dining over a deluxe, no doubt about it.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I think I am worse than you in the picky department. Sanaa is more like Sa-no in my book of "must dos". I don't really like spicy and unknown sauces are to be avoided as I am a culinary creature of habit. We have tried to experience the signatures one by one and on our last trip we hit the final one. Almost all of them have a steak, usually filet, with red wine sauce. I usually try to fly under the radar and just ask for it "on the side".

Orangecats, I am so sorry that the lay off happened. I believe that there will be something better for you! You certainly deserve it.

DH and I work for the same company. Some years ago we were purchased by a larger company and were left alone for quite awhile. Within the last two years, the consumption of us by the larger group has been ongoing. It's been really tough this last little bit and with us it's a double jeopardy scenario, so we are keeping our eyes and ears open. There just seems to be so much redundancy now so new opportunities are definitely desired. It's so sad because our co-workers are terrific people, the local management team has been terrific. Heck, DH and I got married on a Friday night so our co-workers could easily attend the wedding. Everyone there has been like family to us, so this impending change is just tough to contemplate. :sad2:

I don't want to end this post on a blah note, so anyway Nebo and Smidgy, when are you guys planning to take your grandson with you to Disney? I think you said August?

And I think it is terrific that you are going to shake up the dining review thread! ;) I can't wait to read the link in just a second.

Buzz, we are hoping for an August trip with Jackson, we'll see how it goes.
I also went from a 146 workers at my company down to 8 of us over a few years,,,,, it was just brutal as it seemed like we were constantly saying goodbye to someone for good.

Glad to read that you guys made it through the holidays. Trying to get caught up. Hopefully I will finish catching up tomorrow. Tuesday we are heading up to Disneyland for 3 days. DH and I decided it was time to get passes again :banana: so we are going to be staying at Paradise Pier (which does have a 13th floor.. Would love to try a tr but so will not be able to reach the bar all of you have.
Happy New Year all!

Hey, how's the mouth? One of these days, ONE of these days we'll make it out there.

did you ever hit an impass... as far as "rules" in card games?

don't cha know.... every city, nieghborhood, burrough, parrish, etc etc , has their own rules?? evn in Chitown (chicago,) depends which neighborhood you grew up in, which high school you went to, what your parents taught you.

ok, Nebo and I ALWAY argue (imagine that!!!:rotfl:) about the rules....

rummy 500: in picking up from the discard pile:: you have to USe the bottom card, and pick up all on top of it.

do they all have to show?
can you pick up and exchange only the top discard card, without using it?

when putting down cards in front of you, can you "build on" another person's "set" if you have yet to open? (ie, put down your own set)

if someone puts discards a card that COULD have been put downon some one else's set, can you yell "rummy" and add it to your own?

do you have to0 announce "last card"?

and ace in the hand..when someone goes out. 5.. or 15?

any other weird rules.. (or, to rephrase.. any OTHER things nebo and I can argue about??) tee hee!

Oh, man. I haven't played Rummy 500 in over 20 years (DW doesn't like card or board games. DDs starting to get old enough, though. Yay!) My best friend and I used to have Rummy 5000 tournaments! :laughing: Here's the little bit I remember.

You don't have to use the bottom card when you pick up the pile.
You can pick up and exchange only the top discard card, without using it.
You can't "build on" another person's "set" if you have yet to open.
If someone discards a card that COULD have been put down on some one else's set, you can yell "rummy" and add it to your own. (side note: an evil laugh is also usually required.)
You have to announce "last card"... but I don't remember what the penalty is if you don't... I'm pretty sure it was you had to pick up the pile? :confused3
I don't remember ace in the hand, if it's worth 5 or 15 :confused3

notice I didnt' say which of us played which way. and don'tyou just hate it when you have played a certain way for years,, then meet a handsome, suave, witty man, who knocks you off your feet, and THEN!!! you find out...!! he plays cards the TOTALLTY WRONG WAY!!!

So who was the guy? And does Nebo know about this? Don't worry, I won't tell.

Hey Marita! :)

Yep, that was me. Did I make you hungry?

Is this like Pkondz with his beloved ZDs at Mara?

What? Whazzat? ZD? Zebra Domes?

Zeeeeebraaaaa Dooooooommmmmessssss.

Mmmmmmmm......

Sorry, where was I? Oh, yeah. I hoped to have my comments in by this morning, but.... I'm at work and the internet just came up (1pm). I'm gonna start now but....

Hi Guys, I am only on page 76. Havent been on for awhile. Just wanted to say I am still with u and will always be. God bless you both.

Hey the mouth is doing very well. I will actually be able to smile for our free Disney Visa pic tomorrow. A real honsestto goodness smile.
Have you guys tried a card game called Phase 10? Sort of like rummy and very fun. Heading out to daughter's house tonight so we can give future son-inlaw his first defeat of 2012. We even framed all of his losing score sheets from last year and gave it to him for Christmas. We then gave him a Tron poster to put over them. :rotfl2:

update...

Still working on my reply (rebuff?) to the last chapter. Did half at work and emailed it home. Now at home and my new laptop doesn't have Word installed yet.... so it's installing even as I type. Soon as it's done... you know the rest.

Sheesh, who's TR is this, anyway?!?

Hi Guys, I am only on page 76. Havent been on for awhile. Just wanted to say I am still with u and will always be. God bless you both.

Well Hi Connie, I've Been wondering if I ticked you off somehow. Re reading your post though, well, as the ghost host says "brings me an aura of foreboding,,, everything ok with you and RandY?

Hey the mouth is doing very well. I will actually be able to smile for our free Disney Visa pic tomorrow. A real honsestto goodness smile.
Have you guys tried a card game called Phase 10? Sort of like rummy and very fun. Heading out to daughter's house tonight so we can give future son-inlaw his first defeat of 2012. We even framed all of his losing score sheets from last year and gave it to him for Christmas. We then gave him a Tron poster to put over them. :rotfl2:

Are you talking about beating him in Phase 10? No, never heard of it, I'll have to look for it, we need a new game to play sitting by a pool table at Disney.
Pool, table, at Disney.
Not, Pool table at Disney.

A table near a pool, at Disney.

Why am I sitting at a table in Disney?

update...

Still working on my reply (rebuff?) to the last chapter. Did half at work and emailed it home. Now at home and my new laptop doesn't have Word installed yet.... so it's installing even as I type. Soon as it's done... you know the rest.

Sheesh, who's TR is this, anyway?!?

Hey my pal, this is not supposed to be a job. Since we are getting near the end days of the report before the Mayan calender runs out I haven't been pushing it, and even giving you plenty of time.
Now I'm moonlighting over on the Dining Reviews boards and I'm haveing fun fixing and touching up old dining reviews and seeing what happens then.

So relax,,,,,,,, and what do you need Word for anyway?
I must be doing something weird cuz I type it all into that litlle box that pops up when I click "Post Reply".
Granted, I then blow that box up to the size of Monatana before I start writing....

Hey my pal, this is not supposed to be a job. Since we are getting near the end days of the report before the Mayan calender runs out I haven't been pushing it, and even giving you plenty of time.
Now I'm moonlighting over on the Dining Reviews boards and I'm haveing fun fixing and touching up old dining reviews and seeing what happens then.

So relax,,,,,,,, and what do you need Word for anyway?
I must be doing something weird cuz I type it all into that litlle box that pops up when I click "Post Reply".
Granted, I then blow that box up to the size of Monatana before I start writing....

Nope, not a job at all. I have fun with it. I need Word 'cause if I type in that little box and have to leave... I lose it all. So I copy what I've done into Word and save it. I then either continue in Word or stick it back in the little box and keep going. It's all good. And with that....

tee dee, I would go with a moderate with the dining plan over a deluxe without.. this was a big reason we have opted out of purchasing DVC (not like we could afford it anyway) but.. we REALLY LOVE the moderate resorts!!!!

That's really what we're leaning towards. I love POFQ and I think it's a good choice for a Disneymoon. Caribbean Beach is in the running as well.

Terri

So… Happy New Year everybody!

As my New Year’s resolution, I’ve decided to be a kinder and gentler pkondz. No more snarky comments. Above all, be nice! So, without further adieu, shall we begin?

I'm not sure, but I think that last chapter fell into a black hole or something. I thought for sure there'd be some kind of comments at least on the "old man" picture I posted of myself with the grey beard,

Ya know, I took one look at that picture and thought of several things to say. Then I thought… ‘Why kick a man when he’s down.’ Now normally of course, that wouldn’t stop me… but… Man, you were really down!

Looks like my resolution didn’t even make it through the first paragraph…

Oh, well.

I was even able to sneak a dangling participle through the critics without percussions.

Ba DUM dum. Always wanted to play the drums.

Then we did something really exciting,,,,,,
like take a nap, I even slept for a little bit, now I know I'm getting old.

When I was really little, Mom used to make me take a nap every afternoon. Longest hour of the day. Who needs naps in the middle of the day? There are things to do! People to be snarky to! Things to see! <yawn> Places to be! Adventures to … zzzzzzzzz….

What?

Really though, I'm less tired spending an entire day walking around Epcot than I am after spending 3 hours hanging out at a Disney pool in the sun.

I’m sorry… 3… HOURS… by a pool… in DISNEY!?!?! Who has the time? Go! Go! Go! For the love of Pete! It’s almost rope drop!!! No standing! (except in line) No sitting! (except in a show) No slouching! RUN!!!

Man, now I need a nap again…

Originally today, the plan was to go down to the Kidani pool, so far all we've done is just look at it that first night.

No matter how many times I read that, it always comes out as, “the plan was to go down to the kiddie pool.”

Diane had called in a wake up call, but I had woken up right before it came.
I love that feeling of lying there totally cloudy; remember how well I did over at Bay Lake and immediately had to get dressed and go look for ice? I really am just terrible at trying to snap out of a nap,
you have no idea where you are, what day it is and who is this strange person next to me?

We don’t have that luxury. As soon as one of us makes even the slightest hint of a noise or movement that we might be close to being up, the dog starts to make ‘pretend quiet’ sounds. She knows that we’ll just ‘shush’ her if she makes noise while we're sleeping. So she’ll make soft grunting noises ‘cause she’s ‘just’ stretching. Or she’ll make really loud yawns. “Who me? Making noise? Nope, just yawning. Could happen to anyone. Oh? You’re up now? Might as well feed me then. But wasn’t I a good dog for being quiet?”

Then the phone rang and I found myself hanging onto the ceiling fan.

I see this from Smidgy’s point of view.
“Oh Nebo’s hanging onto the ceiling fan… there he goes.”
“And here he comes again…”
“And here he comes one more time…”
“And again…”
“And again…”

The strange person next to me answered it and handed the phone to me, "It's for you."

Isn’t it nice how Disney provides butlers to the fortunate Deluxe Resort folks?

I held it to my ear:
and hear Stitch.

Guess it was time to save nine.

And why Stitch for wake up calls?
He has the most annoying voice of all the characters,

I think you just answered your own question. Bet you were up, after that!

I'd rather be woken up by Foghorn Leghorn;
"I say, I say boy, it's time I say boy it's time for you to wake up."
Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not Disney, so what?

That’s okay. But if you’re not Foghorn Leghorn, I’m a chicken hawk and that makes you a loudmouthed Shnook. And I’m not after Shnooks, I’m after a chicken.

that thing's harder to keep full than my son Jeremy is.
Even at age ten he was nicknamed the Termineater;

"Come with me if you want to eat."

I’ll be Canadian Back bacon.

So, we have an extended cocktail hour going on here, no,
I'm not going to complain, I'm not all that excited about Saana anyway, but I guess it's good to try a new place.

It’s good? Cause if you’re not, Saana won’t bring you anything. Except for a lump of coal… that’s actually an extremely well done steak.

We would have chosen Boma again,

Hey! You know what you can get at Boma?????

Zee… oh, all right.

but man, that buffet price just keeps going up and up, I think it's 37 bucks now, we figured Saana would be cheaper and it lets us knock off another Disney restaurant off our list.

$37 bucks? It’s a good thing there are zebra domes there.

Zeebraa dommmes…..

Yellow Jacket finally either went back to her hive or was taking a break and we were able to sit out on our balcony with our drinks with 200 of our closest love bug friends all dying around us.

Does it bug you that your friends are dying to meet you? Does it surprise people that your only friends are bugs?

That at least was one thing we didn't have to worry about at Bay Lake, I didn't see hardly any way up on the 15th floor.
Whoops, sorry, 14th.

Which was 11 floors up. Check.

With plenty of time before we were due for our appointment, we made a couple of drinks in fuzzy cups for travel,,,, no, I'm not walking into a restaurant with a refillable mug, whether I use it in there or not.

Mais, non. C’est déclassé.

Fuzzies at least get thrown away when done, no, they don't go in with us either.

Fuzzy Diddy was a pot
Fuzzy Diddy had no shot
If Fuzzy Diddy had no shot,
Then Fuzzy Diddy didn’t make you fuzzy did he?

Smidgy took my picture right before we left, only because Robert Pattinson wasn't available:

Yup. If you can’t find one person who’s a dead vampire, pick someone who looks like they are. Good move.

(boy, what a good looking handsome dude)

Not quite the words I would use… Ummm…. Hang on, I’ll think of something…

(what a dork)

That’ll do! ::yes::

Actually, ‘dork’ is not a word I’d use to describe a friend. You sir, are definitely NOT a dork. Anyone got a problem with that?

Out in front of the "Lobby of Darkness", we got lucky and the shuttle service had just pulled up.

Lobby of Darkness… Vampires… I’m seeing a theme here.

It looked funny to me, 8 people, all couples, like we were all getting together for our weekly canasta or charades game. ("On the Street Where You Live," sorry, it popped into my head.)

Nope. Don’t get the reference… who’s the dork now? Or maybe it’s just that you’re sooo much older than I am. :rolleyes:

Did anybody ever see John Cusack's best movie, "The Sure Thing"?

Missed that one.

Before we totally parted company though,

Totally. Awesome, dude. Gnarly. Hang ten.

I mentioned to Tim Robbins that I would have voted for Hakuna Matata, and his eyes lit up like there may still be a chance,,,then his gaze drifted back down followed by a "yeah, sure, mumble mumble, too late now."

Didn’t you see the sign about not being cruel to the animals? :lmao:

Would you believe I actually felt a little guilty then for playing with him?

No.
“Would you believe a slight twinge of remorse:”
I don’t think so.
“Would you believe I laughed and shouted “In your face!”

Oh, Max.

I hate it when my sarcasm backfires on me like that.

You must be sad all the time.

It was too
early to punch in yet at the podium,

Violins never solved anything…

171.jpg

Look! That rock has stripes! :rolleyes1

With the young girls still in earshot, I loudly said;
"Hard to believe that Zebra Domes come from the candied intestines of zebras, you sure you heard that right?" and I nodded a bit over to the girls when Smidgy gave me that, "what in the heck are you talking about?" look.

She came back quick, " I didn't hear it, I read it. It's in the DisneyWorld Home Recipe Cookbook."

I suppose I should take umbrage at your denigration of the holiest of the holies… but it’s just too funny. Besides… that would leave more… for me.

I heard one of the young girls say to the other, "That's not right is it?
They don't really come from actual zebras do they?"

He shoots! He scores!

I was hoping for a little better picture, so I called one of them over to us.
Yes, I speak giraffe, but only a little, most of what I can say I can't use here on the family boards.

Well it’s pretty obvious that your grasp of the English language isn’t all that great.

Hah! All that talk of giraffes and lightning and look who’s ducking!

Another place we get lucky at, (so to speak), is at Coral Reef, I think we'v eaten there 3 or 4 times now, and always get either a table right in front of the glass, or at the worst, just across the aisle from the aquarium.

First time I ate there, we were just given a ‘window’ seat. Didn’t know at the time just how lucky we were.

Speaking of which, I can't believe that guys would actually hire a diver to swim over near the couple's table and hold up a "Will you marry me?" sign, but I've read that it's been done often. What happens then?

Then the girl jumps into the tank and she and the diver swim off into the scallops together.
Or does she then have to go and jump in the tank and hold up a "yes" or "no" sign herself to answer him?

I’ve always wondered what would happen if the diver went to the wrong table.

“Yes! Yes!”
“Ummm… oh, crap.”

And heaven help the poor guy if she says ‘no’. True story. If the answer is ‘no’ his air supply is cut off and he has to struggle not to drown and reach the surface. It’s less embarrassing that way.

I was looking for the girls to mess around with some more, but they were gone.

Umm… Dude, you can go to jail for messing around with teenage girls… just sayin’…

"Hi, we are waiting for a window table?" Diane said to the girl questionably. hmm, maybe questioningly works better,
there was no question, it was definately a girl.

Are you sure? Sometimes it’s hard to tell.

"Oh, you wish to wait for a window table? That will be about 20 minutes."

Standard answer #43… When asked how long something is… anything is… always say 20 minutes. If the actual time is anywhere from 2 minutes to two days, always use 20 minutes. Keeps the rubes guessing.

"Hold it," I said, I felt like we were dealing with Dory,
"I saw a boat! This way."

I saw a boat that way once too. Then it sank. Very sad.

However, our proof of previous existence here, along with her confusion and procedural lapse changed exactly nothing;

Finally! First there was “I think, therefore I am.” Now there’s “I have a buzzer, therefore I am waiting to be seated.”

Works for me.

She then re-iterated that it will be 20 minutes till we get an outer edge table. I started to say we did this already,,,
when I remembered the Einstein line of "Insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results",

Huh. And here I was under the misconception that it was Freud (or Sidney Freedman). Amazing… I actually learned something here. Who knew? :confused:

so we just asked then for any old table,

I wouldn’t. Sometimes those old ones can be pretty feisty.

Even zoos lost their flavor with me when you could no longer buy a bag of peanuts or a big bag of marshmallows and go feed the polar bears, trying to get them to catch a marshmallow in their mouth with a mighty heave from you.

Yeah. Now you get to go to the zoo and watch animals ignore you. Wait. You get that in your everyday life, right? Nevermind…

(Sigh) So once again we have to explain how we had made reservations a few months ago, came here early tonight and requested a window table,,,,,,

wash, rinse, repeat.

I hear ya. It’s usually not worth the pain in the @** to have to go over the story again!

but I did sneak in one bit of snarkyness when I said, "but we saw how busy it is and just asked for any table after talking to the hostess."

I don't believe he spoke Snarky.

Some things just go right over people’s heads… takes all the fun out of it.

When finished he told us that he'd like to make it up to us, would we care for a fancy cocktail on the house?

Sure! And while you’re at it, how ‘bout a window seat and a free meal? No? Just a thought.

Snarky probably came close to blowing this too, cuz when he offered us "A" fancy cocktail I almost said, "With two straws?"

Whoops! Wrong move! Good thing you restrained yourself… and I know how hard that can be.

This is where most people would expect me to give a coherent and informative food review on this report.

:lmao: coherent. :lmao:

Of course I had to ask as you knew I would, " If we are having non-bread, then what are we exactly not having?" but she didn't care and ignored me.

Wise Smidgy is in the ways of the Nebo.

But asking for Naan bread is the easy part, then you have to pick 3 different dipping sauces from a choice of 132 dipping sauces.

Whoops, sorry there, little typo, actually, it was 131 sauces, don't want to exaggerate.

Can I just have bun, please? :sad2:

"garlic and molasses"
"pureed goose with water chestnuts"
"incense and peppermint"
"parsley sage rosemary and thyme"

Funny story. I’ve never been one to listen to lyrics. I do a little more now, but I guess I was always more attracted to the musicality of a song then the lyrics. So a lot of songs that I know or have heard, I can’t tell you the lyrics. Maybe, one or two days before you posted this, we were talking about the ingredients in a recipe and one of my co-workers used the line “parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme”. I had no idea what she was talking about. Yes I know the song, (same with incense and peppermint) but had no clue.

I have no idea what we ended up with, all I remember was that the one that sounded the least appetizing was the best tasting. I think it was horseradish and orangutan blood.

Well that makes sense. I love zebra domes and I hear they’re made from the candied intestines of zebras.

I think I have this right, Diane got the lamb, and she liked it, she said it was done just right.

Gee, I hope I didn't go into too much depth describing her meal, I know I can get wordy at times.

Nah. You? Wordy? Next thing you know somebody will accuse me of the same. Nah. Ridiculous.

I know that Tandori chicken is their real specialty here, though.

(stop it, and I mean it!)

Who, me?

I ordered from a different spot on the menu,

The spine? The edge?

"What's this?" I asked our waitress, and I handed the menu back to her

Why that’s a menu, sir. It’s a summary of the foods we serve here. This is a restaurant. It’s what we do.

and pointed out the big spot in the middle, "is that chicken gravy? I'll have that with whatever."

You can never go wrong with gravy… it’s like bacon that way.

Ok, what I ended up really ordering was from a "choose two" menu. Short ribs, shrimp, lamb and maybe a choice of some kind of dead fish, then you picked what type of rice you wanted.

You were hoping for a live fish? Swallow many live goldfish in your college days?

The other main item I chose was shrimp

Nooooo! Don’t do it, Nebo!!!

Bottom line, the shrimp was ok, not great but edible,

Is it over? No nasty shrimp incidents? Darn. I mean… oh good! I’m so glad!

Go ahead, have fun, I know I couldn't possible have spelled that other rice right. Baslami? yes, I'm too lazy to go look it up, and that's how I end up losing everything I 've typed.

No, that’s right. Good spelling Nebo! Atta boy! (Shhhh… don’t tell him, he’s very fragile and it’ll only make him cry.)

I do know that I was full and left foot behind, same with Smidgy.

I reaaaaally looked at that line for a long, long time. Is this some kind of Chicago saying? Thank goodness you explained later that it was a typo. It just looks right. You ever hear the expression for people that can eat a lot “he’s got a hollow leg”? Something like that.

No, I didn't leave Smidgy behind, man, you gotta be so careful with the dangling participle police hanging around every turn. Especially over the holidays, they're out everywhere.

I have no idea to whom you may be referring.

We made sure to tip well that night, on the total before the discount.

I agree with that. I think you should always tip based on what the price would be without any discounts. Did the server discount their service? No? There you go.

All in all, it turned out to be a nice experience after all.

So… you wanna do Sanaa again?

Oh, and the shrimp were already peeled,,,HEY WHAT A CONCEPT? YA HEAR THAT OHANA'S?

Darn… I mean, Yay! That’s great!

Ok, gonna stop it here for tonight, that was a fun chapter to do, I love it when either the locals or tourists give me material, even the Tim Robbins cameo helped, good night all, we are going to have to get "riddly" next chapter I believe.

Yes it was a fun chapter! Thanks! :goodvibes And next chapter will be “riddly”? As in Scott? Cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter