P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

Funny chapter, Nebo! Drats on the expenses, always sucks
I especially enjoyed to part with the acronyms, took me forever to figure those out when I started reading the Dis.

You skipped Mai Tai's at the TOWL?? and the view?? :scared1: What's another $15 bucks on top of a $1,200 bill? Like next to nothing, sigh!

I know, I know, easy for me to say, sorry!

Oh my word Nebo! The cost to repair the Santa Fe are out of sight high! Seriously, DH would have needed to hear that first, I think I would have passed out or at the very least freaked out!! :scared1:

Ha! Your reference to Clancy makes me think of James Patterson. No flames please, I used to read Patterson, but I became frustrated with the brevity of the chapters. Here's an example:

"He opened the door, afraid to peer into the room. Was that something in the corner? Could it be?" End of chapter. Seriously, that's it?

I hope you don't mind, but I plan on borrowing your train trick! I like the way you think....well, er, most of the time. Unsee the cow costume, unsee the cow costume!! ;)

Complete sidenote, 3 year old DD loves, loves Winnie the Pooh. We always bounce with Tigger as many times as possible. I didn't like the new/old Tiki Room either. It's really saying something when I can honestly say I miss Iago and Zazu!

Great chapter Nebo! :thumbsup2

Great chapter! Those repair costs are crazy!! Just adding insult to injury on this trip huh?

Then I said something stupid and I don't mean with Frank and Nancy, (neeb, you know darn well most people are too young to get that, why do you do it?),

you mean.. "like, I love you" ? ;)

But they can't do too much worse than the Pats did yesterday though, can they? :rolleyes1

a d i o s

OUCH!!! And here I thought we were friends!!

Sad thing is I have no comeback at all. I've resigned myself to the fact that their putrid defensive backs will cost them any chance at a championship this year!

Oh and I forgot to mention, another great update. And I have to admit that I did chuckle at the knock-knock joke. Sorry about the Santa Fe bill. That's rough. Whenever things like that happen to us I always relate it to a future trip that the money could of gone to. Twisted way to think about it but I just can't help myself.

I'm glad to hear that you could salvage some fun at MK after your lousy day the day before. Just goes to show how WDW can really make you forget your troubles, if just for a bit.

And just so you know, I'm back at POP for another frigid trip the first week of Decmeber. I'm packing the hand warmers, winter boots and stocking hat as we speak :)

Jay

Looking forward to more adventures.

Let's get started with a comlete waste of time

It's good to recognize the truth in things, don't you think?

since I saw how much you all loved the last one:

Knock knock

Who's there?

Sam and Janet

Sam and Janet who?

(this is gonna hurt, go ahead, try to see it coming)

Sam and Janet evening......

:lmao: Nope, didn't see it coming!

At first they were reluctant to tell us why, but after showing our frustration they explained it was because they had to add another train to the line for later on due to Night of Joy that again starts at the Magic Kingdom at 7.

Translation: When the rubes ask you a question that you don't know the answer to, just tell 'em anything. They'll buy it.

At least put up a sign by the escalator downstairs so you don't waste your time going up there.

Know how ya feel. The other day I was driving home from work. At some point I have to pick a road to cross the rail tracks (there's only a few that cross, the rest end before it). I go down the road-du-jour and when I get to the end, that's where they have the sign saying the crossing is closed... added 20 minutes to the commute. Thanks.

I also made sure to tell him about the tire valve, and that Goodyear themselves had just sold me the tires so I don't expect to be charged for it.

Next chapter, you gotta let us know if they did or didn't.

Finally, a guy was pulling it into the ER for triage.

As long as it wasn't Frank doing the triage.

My mind had to try and come up with an estimate for the exhaust... Ok, my little guesstimate to myself was 925... Any guesses? Go ahead.

Yup. I guessed $625. That's just like Nebo, trying to suck us in. Hah! No way it's gonna be $900.

It's when they come and tell you to follow them back into the service area that you know it's going to be bad news.

It's never good when you have to go to your car. :sad2:

...I can tell that all this thing really needs is to lay off the synthetic 40 weight for a while and it will be fine, but that's just Escalades, they think the Atlas revolves around them.

:lmao:

"Parts and labor, about 1260 dollars!"

:scared1: Holy crap! Well, I was half right. Ironic that that's about the same you paid for your DVC points. I remember you asking me where we might stay and I mentioned possibly WL. You then mentioned that you could buy a car for what it costs to stay deluxe...

He'll call us on our cell phone tomorrow when the car is done, it will be worked on ASAP, with TLC, even though it came in DOA and was ready to RIP. Then, a driver will meet us back at the TTC and bring us back to the CCC.
After an Ok he said 10-4 and had to go and recharge his acronyms for the next guy.

Roger Wilco, Over 'n Out.

In a way it was kind of a relief now, we could look at this in an entirely different light now and we were determined to enjoy ourselves. It was a strange feeling at first, to be sure, and it is going to take a little bit at first to completely accept it, but the sense of relief for him and that he won't have to suffer anymore grew, more and more and that was the most important thing.

I can see how after agonizing over the decision, it would be a relief to have the decision (at least in part) made for you.

Once inside we did our trick that worked so well for us before;
We went right up the stairs to the train station.

I couldn't do that, part of the magic for me is that first walk up Main St.

When I think big bird, I'm thinking Nigel!

Not a clue. But I feel like I should know this one. I've got a feeling I'm gonna look pretty dumb when you explain it. Not that that's a new thing.

She went right for the last seat in the last car, but I stopped her just as a train pulled up and we got in the front seat of the last car, same car just about 3 feet forward.... I glanced at a cast member standing on the exit side of the train who caught this and nodded his head in appreciation and gave us the thumbs up sign.

Didn't you pull this trick before? I know I've heard it before.

At least I THINK that was the finger he used.

Do you mean it might've been his pinky? A la Austin Powers? :rolleyes1

I still have to have the rocking chair picture taken, smoking or not.

And it was nice to see you both smiling, again. :)

So far today I've been doing all right with the hangover, but one thing I didn't need was Tigger telling me to ,
"Come bounce with me."
Noooo, "Come puke with me," is more like it.

Considering the attraction of little kids to Pooh, I'm sure that's quite common. :laughing:

What I was interested in though was the construction behind the wall. The wall isn't blocking too much now and the new castle over there is a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

Again, it's all forced perspective. As a matter of fact the castle is a lot smaller than you thought. In fact it's so small that you can't even see it over the wall. Huge mirrors are installed, just so you can see it.

While over there I took a picture of the carpets, and the throw rugs are not cheap here:

fly rugs.

Kind of funny how it's a more interesting ride than Dumbo, what with the squirting water and such, but it only gets about a third of the crowds.

Tradition. But the first time I took my kids, they had no traditions and I didn't impose any on them. We rode Dumbo once. Aladdin about 7 times.

Then I said something stupid and I don't mean with Frank and Nancy, (neeb, you know darn well most people are too young to get that, why do you do it?)

Then you did it.... yooooouuuuurrr way.

Actually had to listen to the song to get it. Never knew the title, just the song. Heard it often enough, though. Didn't Columbus sing it when he stepped off the boat?

I think they have removed all lighting now and replaced them with punks and a few trained fireflies.

Hmmm.... do you mean punk: stuff to start a fire, or do you mean punk: young hoodlum. If it's the former, congratulations, as I thought I was the only one to know that. If it's the latter... nevermind. :rolleyes1

Now, all it really is is a song and dance show, with many songs that more than likely only your grandparents would recognize. Without the humor, and no violent thunderstorms, less special effects, it's about as exciting as the Hall of Presidents practicing to be Amway salesmen.

Ugh. That sounds like fun... Not! :sad2:

They do this very well, get you in the mood, make you want to go smash pumpkins and throw eggs at a house.

Never did the egg thing, and certainly never the spray paint thing, as a kid. We didn't do permanent damage kind of stuff. I do remember walking down a back lane and coming across a house with a dozen or so big garbage bags full of leaves. We figured that the owner must've misplaced them. So we took the time to return them to their rightful place... We spread the leaves evenly throughout his yard. I'm sure he was pleased, don't you think?

( ok, she didn't really make the cottage cheese, no, I wasn't getting the cow costume out to do that either.)

:faint:

The Bears are about to start,,,,,
don't have too much hope thought tonight,,,
they are 8 point dogs.

Well at least that worked out! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Knock knock

Who's there?

Sam and Janet

Sam and Janet who?

(this is gonna hurt, go ahead, try to see it coming)

Sam and Janet evening......

I am the star of a Nebo Knock Knock joke :banana::banana::banana:

:faint:

We didn't even have to get out and went around again!
Oh, the little tricks you learn, heh.

Adding this to my things to remember book!

The Bears are about to start,,,,,
don't have too much hope thought tonight,,,
they are 8 point dogs.

Yeah, but they played the Eagles...and they :sick:

Owww....sorry it was such an expensive fix for the Santa Fe:headache: Glad you still managed to enjoy your day in MK. It is amazing how Disney has a way of making anything a little better. can't wait to read more!

wow I finally got it.... Sam and Janet evening... but I'm 52 and a little on the young side to be a Rodgers and Hammerstein fan. lol Great update love the acronyms very funny.

Nebo,

Glad to see you are back on track. Truly funny stuff. As for the car repairs, I can relate. Took the wife's car in for routine service. Had a loyal customer coupon that should have paid for the service. Well, we just did a refi on the house and didn't have to make a mortgage payment this month. The service writer at the dealership must have ESP. What should have been a free or very cheap service ended up costing $1200 and change. Go figure, I think they know just how much you can stand without coming completely unglued. :scared1:

Anyhow, like I said above, great chapter. Looking forward to seeing this adventure through.

Take care,

Bob

To make you cringe, price out your repair at home, with your favorite mechanic. For our radiator, with a warranty, at home, $320. At Car Car Center, $642, no warranty. Thanks, CCC! :dance3:

You know Fowler, I kind of did just that, but I can't jump the gun yet on that, we still haven't gone and picked it back up yet!:scared1:
We did get full warranty though, crap, they better.

Awwww, you just had to say it didn't you??? Had to talk my husband and son down from the ledge last night. Hope your Bears fare better!

I'm sorry Nancy, that was mean of me to say that, especially now that they won in a big upset. :banana: You also have to understand that the entire football fan population outside of New England can not stand Bill Belichek.

Sorry about the unexpected expense. It's never good, but especially not when your on vacation and you want to enjoy yourselves. Glad you didn't let it ruin what looks like a nice day. I think BTMR is our favorite ride. During our last trip we went on 4 times in a row on our last day - there were no lines and we just kept running back around. My favorite memory from that trip. Sure hope the "surprises" on this trip are over now.

It's probablly our favorite ride too, that's why it's so important to pick the right seat so maybe you don't even have to get out and run around to do it again.

You skipped Mai Tai's at the TOWL?? and the view?? :scared1: What's another $15 bucks on top of a $1,200 bill? Like next to nothing, sigh!

!

take it easy there little Disneychick, I said we will skip the Mai Tais on the roof, not the roof experience itself.

Oh my word Nebo! The cost to repair the Santa Fe are out of sight high! Seriously, DH would have needed to hear that first, I think I would have passed out or at the very least freaked out!! :scared1:

That was a little pun in the pun title: since the whole thing was treated like an Emergency Room experience at a place in Disney that has the monopoly on being able to fix your car there, it seemed like you should be able to pay them with Monopoly money, too.

Ha! Your reference to Clancy makes me think of James Patterson. No flames please, I used to read Patterson, but I became frustrated with the brevity of the chapters. Here's an example:

"He opened the door, afraid to peer into the room. Was that something in the corner? Could it be?" End of chapter. Seriously, that's it?

You are right on the money with Patterson.
I read a few of his books early on, then I realized they are all the same thing only with different names and locations, I wonder how many other "writers" were helping him.
I also just read that he recently signe a contract with the publisher to write something like 15 books in the next 5 years! That's ridiculous, nobody'[s that creative. Or even has that much time.

I may have to look that back up somewhere, now I'm curious about the deal he made.
I even got mad at Stephen King when at the end of the first "Gunslinger" series book, he came out and said he has no idea where this series is headed, he's making it up as he goes along.
No, don't tell me that. i want to know that the whole plot is laid out and you can't wait to spring some surprises on us. I quit reading that series.

By the way, my favorite little known Stephen King book? The Long Walk.
It's chilling in it's brutality, and I think he was still a teenager when he wrote it, it was before Carrie, just wasn't published till much later.
Ok, that's two now on your winter reading list, The Long Walk by Stephen King, and Twisted by Jeffrey Deaver, hey would I steer you wrong?

I hope you don't mind, but I plan on borrowing your train trick! I like the way you think....well, er, most of the time. Unsee the cow costume, unsee the cow costume!! ;)

Train to Frontierland, get Splash fastpass, ride BTMR, ride Splash. Have smoke rigtht there in rocking chairs, when done you can now get fastpass for BTMR and you now are set with two fastpasses for later on tonight when it's crowded.

Complete sidenote, 3 year old DD loves, loves Winnie the Pooh. We always bounce with Tigger as many times as possible. I didn't like the new/old Tiki Room either. It's really saying something when I can honestly say I miss Iago and Zazu!

Great chapter Nebo! :thumbsup2

Shhhhhh,,,, wanna know a secret?
We both like The Cat in the Hat ride better at Uni. Shhhhhh

Originally Posted by mmeb144
To make you cringe, price out your repair at home, with your favorite mechanic. For our radiator, with a warranty, at home, $320. At Car Car Center, $642, no warranty. Thanks, CCC!

You know Fowler, I kind of did just that, but I can't jump the gun yet on that, we still haven't gone and picked it back up yet!:scared1:
We did get full warranty though, crap, they better.

I didn't tell you how I found out the price for the repair at home. The radiator died about 1 year later. Go figure!

Great chapter! Those repair costs are crazy!! Just adding insult to injury on this trip huh?

Shannon, the beast is FAR from being done with us.

Then I said something stupid and I don't mean with Frank and Nancy, (neeb, you know darn well most people are too young to get that, why do you do it?),

you mean.. "like, I love you" ? ;)

Well thank you, I love you too, Nancy

Stealth Smidgy. Cool. :cool2:

Going to have to get back on board and steal back the cloaking device from her ship.

OUCH!!! And here I thought we were friends!!

Again, I was out of line, I'm sorry, I thought I was going to be doing the misery loves company thing right before Vick does his vapor trail rub on Lovie's D.

Sad thing is I have no comeback at all. I've resigned myself to the fact that their putrid defensive backs will cost them any chance at a championship this year!

that what it is? The secondary?

Oh and I forgot to mention, another great update. And I have to admit that I did chuckle at the knock-knock joke. Sorry about the Santa Fe bill. That's rough. Whenever things like that happen to us I always relate it to a future trip that the money could of gone to. Twisted way to think about it but I just can't help myself.

I am always doing that: "You know, with the money we just spent we could have upgraded to Hopper Passes".

I'm glad to hear that you could salvage some fun at MK after your lousy day the day before. Just goes to show how WDW can really make you forget your troubles, if just for a bit.

And just so you know, I'm back at POP for another frigid trip the first week of Decmeber. I'm packing the hand warmers, winter boots and stocking hat as we speak :)

Jay

Looking forward to more adventures.

Funny you say that:
I just told Diane that she's not going to believe this, but I would try the rigtht after Thanksgiving trip again, and risk the cold once more. It was a reall fluke last year and the one other time we went then it was a terrific trip.
And the Christmas theming and activities and low crowds make it worth the risk again.
Will you be on the Dining Plan?

Originally Posted by nebo

You know, I'm not sure if you meant this this way, but for sme reason it rreally struck me funny; no, I didn't mean to leave the word complete, incomplete. Is that what you were referring to too? Two, to too tu tu.

:lmao: Nope, didn't see it coming!

Knock knocks courtesy of Uncle John, 23rd edition.

Translation: When the rubes ask you a question that you don't know the answer to, just tell 'em anything. They'll buy it.

I always wanted to set up a cardboard fake Information stand in a Disney resort lobby, and I'm sure it would be fun and I'd be able to help more people than the concierge desk could, unless it's to print out your dining reservations. Hey, I can pretend to make dining reservations too like they did for SandyMouse.

Know how ya feel. The other day I was driving home from work. At some point I have to pick a road to cross the rail tracks (there's only a few that cross, the rest end before it). I go down the road-du-jour and when I get to the end, that's where they have the sign saying the crossing is closed... added 20 minutes to the commute. Thanks.

I had the same problem before trying to get over the monorail tracks in our car.

Next chapter, you gotta let us know if they did or didn't.

I will, trust me, I will!

no, they sent Steve as a replacement for Frank this time. (that one won't be too easy Ponzi)

It's never good when you have to go to your car. :sad2:

I was 5 the first time I had to deal with something like this when my dad called me over to talk about my tricycle that he had propped up between 2 lawn chairs.

:scared1: Holy crap! Well, I was half right. Ironic that that's about the same you paid for your DVC points. I remember you asking me where we might stay and I mentioned possibly WL. You then mentioned that you could buy a car for what it costs to stay deluxe...

Your right, and I wasn't making any connection when I said that.

Roger Wilco, Over 'n Out.

"What's our vector, Victor? Roger."

"Huh?"

I couldn't do that, part of the magic for me is that first walk up Main St.

You make a good point Ponz, you also lose out on all the main Street smells like the bakery, fudge, cookies, manure, horsecrap,,,,,

Not a clue. But I feel like I should know this one. I've got a feeling I'm gonna look pretty dumb when you explain it. Not that that's a new thing.

Ok, with you not getting it I then doubted myself and called down to Smidgy,, she too didn't think Nigel is right so I looked it up.
I'm reminded again of that line, "I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."

Nigel, played by Geoffrey Rush, was the big sea gull or cormorant that acted as the messenger bringing news to the captive fish in the dentist's office. He also gets to use the line, "Come with me if you want to live" to Dory and Marlin. Ok, "Hop in my mouth if you want to live."

Didn't you pull this trick before? I know I've heard it before.

You are right again. We learned this not too long ago, at least a few trips ago for sure, but in the heat of the moment and as Smidgy is preparing to cement a Permagrin on her face riding Big Thunder, she forget about it.

And it was nice to see you both smiling, again. :)

It was the Smilepasses, good from 9:25 to 10:25. [/B

Tradition. But the first time I took my kids, they had no traditions and I didn't impose any on them. We rode Dumbo once. Aladdin about 7 times.

I don't think our kids ever rode Dumbo, I'm sure Smidgy will correct me if I'm wrong. I know she and I didn't do it until just a couple of years ago, just so we can say we did it.

Then you did it.... yooooouuuuurrr way.

You are right, we , Nancy and I, have done it a few times at karaoke, and no, believe me, I'm not bragging, this was not one of our best.

Actually had to listen to the song to get it. Never knew the title, just the song. Heard it often enough, though. Didn't Columbus sing it when he stepped off the boat?

No, he was next in line to sing, but he never made it off the boat and the Santa Maria never even made it to North America, these jerks ahead of them had to do American Pie and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights and the Santa Maria sunk waiting for them to be done.

Hmmm.... do you mean punk: stuff to start a fire, or do you mean punk: young hoodlum. If it's the former, congratulations, as I thought I was the only one to know that. If it's the latter... nevermind. :rolleyes1

I remember punks as these skinny little sticks made out of fertilizer or someting that were supposed to keep skeeters away when you lit them, and they would take around a half hour to burn down.
Wonder if they still make them?

Never did the egg thing, and certainly never the spray paint thing, as a kid. We didn't do permanent damage kind of stuff. I do remember walking down a back lane and coming across a house with a dozen or so big garbage bags full of leaves. We figured that the owner must've misplaced them. So we took the time to return them to their rightful place... We spread the leaves evenly throughout his yard. I'm sure he was pleased, don't you think?

To me, that is a GOOD trick.
I never did anything either, although I did bring some eggs with me for "protection" .

Wait, when I mean protection, against eggs, I don't mean,,,,, um,,, oh, forget it,,, never mind.

Well at least that worked out! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

And thank you.
Hey, question, were you in Vancouver last year? I know it says Winnipeg but I could have sworn it said Vancouver before. Or am I having another one of my sixties flashbacks?
Or are you just keeping yourself in a constant state of confusion so in case you are ever captured they won't be able to get a thing out of youL?

I am the star of a Nebo Knock Knock joke :banana::banana::banana:

you know, I thought of you when I was writing it, I just didn't know anyone here named Sam.

Adding this to my things to remember book!

"Remem-mem, remembe member remem-mem, rememebe member,,,,," Remember Then" one of the greatest Doo Wop songs of all times by The Earls.

Yeah, but they played the Eagles...and they :sick:

Your Eagles had the number one rated offence in the league, but I can see how they make you sick. I don't think Andy Reid is particularly bright,,, ans as talented as Vick is, he too has a hard time keeping his butter on his stack of pancakes.

Owww....sorry it was such an expensive fix for the Santa Fe:headache: Glad you still managed to enjoy your day in MK. It is amazing how Disney has a way of making anything a little better. can't wait to read more!

Yeah, as great a car as it's been, sooner or later, you are going to have repairs, no way around it.

wow I finally got it.... Sam and Janet evening... but I'm 52 and a little on the young side to be a Rodgers and Hammerstein fan. lol Great update love the acronyms very funny.

Hold it. ONLY 52? Geesh, you make it sound like this is the only Disney trip report sanctioned by the AARP!
Yeah, I'm 56, and have a loooooonnnngggg way till I'm 57, but I'm sure a lot of the young whippersnappers here sing "Some Enchanted Evening", every night in the shower, along with Something Stupid, and My Way.
Ok, maybe you're right, where's my walker and rheumatiz medicine?

Nebo,

Glad to see you are back on track. Truly funny stuff. As for the car repairs, I can relate. Took the wife's car in for routine service. Had a loyal customer coupon that should have paid for the service. Well, we just did a refi on the house and didn't have to make a mortgage payment this month. The service writer at the dealership must have ESP. What should have been a free or very cheap service ended up costing $1200 and change. Go figure, I think they know just how much you can stand without coming completely unglued. :scared1:

Anyhow, like I said above, great chapter. Looking forward to seeing this adventure through.

Take care,

Bob

I think you are right on them trying to deduce exactly how much you can take,,, and..... spoiler alert,,,,,, I DID come unglued when we were reunited. Also, I think it's Reelmom who has a great quote in her signature,,,,, um wait, no, this would be in her avatar I guess,,, it says something like ,,,, "My car finds out every time I have money."
That's a great quote.

I didn't tell you how I found out the price for the repair at home. The radiator died about 1 year later. Go figure!

Wow, over 600 bucks and it only lasted about a year?
But it's a fully registered, sanctioned, Goodyear dealer, I've dealt and had work done by Goodyear shops for years and never had a problem before.
But this little pissant that was working behind the counter that day,,,,,,,,,

Ouch!! That is one big bill. Maybe that is why I tell Bill no when he wants to drive, I would be worried we would need some type of repairs, although the van is in great shape I would worry the entire time. I loved your MK pictures.

BTMR is such a great ride, poor Bill can't ride it :sad2:.

Funny you say that:
I just told Diane that she's not going to believe this, but I would try the rigtht after Thanksgiving trip again, and risk the cold once more. It was a reall fluke last year and the one other time we went then it was a terrific trip.
And the Christmas theming and activities and low crowds make it worth the risk again.
Will you be on the Dining Plan?

We are trying the post Thanksgiving trip this year. Dec. 1 - 13th so I pray you are right about the cold being a fluke, we are doing many firsts on this trip and I need good weather.

Let's get started with a comlete waste of time since I saw how much you all loved the last one:

We're loving the TR all together. Not just the last part.

I need to clean some things up here before I jump back into the timeline so to speak.

Clean away

After walking the mystery math route from BLT to the CR and then up to the monorail platform, we got up there only to find the monorail closed.

Never heard of a math route. Do you need to solve simple math problems along the way to be able to walk along it? Get harder as you go? Then when you get to the end and the monorail is closed; that means you missed some questions along the way. " Sorry Mr. Nebo, you missed questions 4 & 7, so the monorail is closed to you now. You'll have to take the bus now."

At first they were reluctant to tell us why, but after showing our frustration they explained it was because they had to add another train to the line for later on due to Night of Joy that again starts at the Magic Kingdom at 7. They said it will be down for just over a half hour right now.

Once again, it just baffles us how little the cast members seem to know about what is going on where they work.

Obviously they knew, it wasn't until you gave them a piece of Smidgy's mind that they decided they wanted to tell you.

At least put up a sign by the escalator downstairs so you don't waste your time going up there.

wasn't this one of the main reasons for staying at a monorail resort and paying so much? You know, to use the monorail?

Next thing you know, you'll be wanting a limo to take you over to Shula's for a complimentary steak dinner. Oh wait. That's what I want. Never mind. Sorry. Proceed.

we had too much to drink sitting on our balcony talking it over, at least I did, the night before.

Had I been in your situation, I probably would've done the same to. Heck I don't even need a reason to do that now. :laughing:

The last thing either of us felt like doing was getting up early, but that's what we did, to make sure we were one of the first to be at the Car Care Center when they opened at 7 in the morning, and they didn't take reservations, it was first come first serve.

What?! No ACR's?!:scared1:

I also made sure to tell him about the tire valve, and that Goodyear themselves had just sold me the tires so I don't expect to be charged for it.

"Careful. There's a snake in the tire. It keeps hissing at me through the valve and making the tire go flat."

It's when they come and tell you to follow them back into the service area that you know it's going to be bad news.

This is when the price in your head starts going up.

Then this guy passed me off to another guy who brought me underneath and started reading from a chart as he was pointing things out to me. Ever notice how they will have to vehicle raised on the hoist, but just high enough so you will still bash your head at least a couple times underneath as he's pointing things out to you. This is by design, I guess they need some fun having to deal with greiving owners all day long.

I didn't let them down, but I refused to say "OW."

And we have our first Nebo accident.

"How much?"

:eek::headache:

He'll call us on our cell phone tomorrow when the car is done, it will be worked on ASAP, with TLC, even though it came in DOA and was ready to RIP. Then, a driver will meet us back at the TTC and bring us back to the CCC.

LOL.

In a way it was kind of a relief now, we could look at this in an entirely different light now and we were determined to enjoy ourselves. It was a strange feeling at first, to be sure, and it is going to take a little bit at first to completely accept it, but the sense of relief for him and that he won't have to suffer anymore grew, more and more and that was the most important thing.

Given all that has happened to this point, I'm glad to hear that you were still determined to enjoy yourselves.

Once inside we did our trick that worked so well for us before;
We went right up the stairs to the train station.
You have to wait for the train that brought Goofy and Mickey and them to leave, then another train pulls in and loads.

I'll have to remember this little trick.

What I was interested in though was the construction behind the wall. The wall isn't blocking too much now and the new castle over there is a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. I also saw what I thought were the tracks for the new mine ride there and that seems on a bigger scale than I thought it would be. I never had too much interest in the Fantasyland expansion but I've got a lot more now.

082.jpg

083.jpg

079.jpg

We're hoping this is done by next year when we go. Looking good.

They do this very well, get you in the mood, make you want to go smash pumpkins and throw eggs at a house.

Done this before I take it? :rolleyes1

Hey, I know how we can bring the cost of the trip back even and where it should be at this time:
to make up for this unexpected bill we will just have to skip the Mai Tais at the Top of the World Lounge we were going to get tomorrow night!

Must've planned on drinking a lot of Mai Tai's

a d i o s

Thanks for the update. T2UL8R

I went away for nearly 2 weeks and this tread has 19 new pages!?!?! 19! REALLY!?!?!

Anywho . . .

Heck, I haven't even gone away, but every time I manage to plow through a page, there are two more! I'm back on 51, and this should land somewhere around 77 or 78 I'm guessing...

Slow down everybody!! Wait for us slowpokes!!!

I feel like BTMR on that first lift; I think I can, I think I can...

Just want ya'll to know I'm still stringin' along

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz

You know, I'm not sure if you meant this this way, but for sme reason it rreally struck me funny; no, I didn't mean to leave the word complete, incomplete. Is that what you were referring to too? Two, to too tu tu.

Tea for two and two for tea...:dance3:
No, I didn't even notice the imcomplete complete. :lmao: I was just glad you realised for yourself what a compLete waste of time writing this TR is. :rolleyes1 I guess that would explain your legion (or is it a phalanx) of fans.

I always wanted to set up a cardboard fake Information stand in a Disney resort lobby, and I'm sure it would be fun and I'd be able to help more people than the concierge desk could, unless it's to print out your dining reservations. Hey, I can pretend to make dining reservations too like they did for SandyMouse.

While I was waiting to go for training for my "real" job, I held a part time job at the airport information desk. Two things made it fun.
1. It was minimum wage.
2. It was very temporary.

Ya know the old saying, "They don't pay me enough to do _____." That was the very definition of the job. My boss (who wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer) told us that she was getting complaints of people being put on hold.

Hello! You only have one person doing information/post office duties/foreign exchange and insurance. Something's gotta give!
Anyway, we were told that if we were busy with a customer to "just let the phone ring".

Ummm... okay.

So there I am, serving a customer, with the phone ringing away at my elbow. Of course the customer is getting more and more nervous 'cause I'm not answering it. Until finally they he can't stand it anymore and practically begs me to answer it.

Of course I put the person on hold.

As soon as I'm done with customer #1, I get the phone. Hunh. They hung up. Oh, well.

Another customer comes up. I start serving him and the phone starts to ring. Same scenario, except this time when I answer the phone, the woman on the other end of the line says, "Don't you dare put me on f***ing hold!"

I cheerily reply, "Sure! No problem."

And I hang up.

A few minutes later I'm done with customer #2 and the phone rings. It's the same woman.

This should be good...
Me: "Hello, airport information."
Woman: "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please! Please don't hang up on me! I'm sorry!"

Oh, how sweet it is. :angel:

I had the same problem before trying to get over the monorail tracks in our car.

It's not the distance, it's the altitude. Dukes of Hazzard, anyone?

no, they sent Steve as a replacement for Frank this time. (that one won't be too easy Ponzi)

Ya got me.

"What's our vector, Victor? Roger."

"Huh?"

Thanks for the clarification, Clarence.

You make a good point Ponz, you also lose out on all the main Street smells like the bakery, fudge, cookies, manure, horsecrap,,,,,

Hmmm… so you refer to the horsecrap and the manure separately…. So if the horsecrap comes from the horses, the manure is from … Pluto?!? Bad dog!

Nigel, played by Geoffrey Rush, was the big sea gull or cormorant that acted as the messenger bringing news to the captive fish in the dentist's office. He also gets to use the line, "Come with me if you want to live" to Dory and Marlin. Ok, "Hop in my mouth if you want to live."

Ah! Saw the movie, didn’t know the gull’s name or even who voiced him. Mine!

No, he was next in line to sing, but he never made it off the boat and the Santa Maria never even made it to North America, these jerks ahead of them had to do American Pie and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights and the Santa Maria sunk waiting for them to be done.

It didn’t sink, it fell of the edge.
BTW two of my favourite songs…. I hear DJs love ‘em too, ‘cause it gives ‘em a chance to go to the washroom.

Hey, question, were you in Vancouver last year? I know it says Winnipeg but I could have sworn it said Vancouver before. Or am I having another one of my sixties flashbacks?

60s Flashback. Oddly enough though, I was in Vancouver last year. But just for a few days for DD’s dance competition.

But this little pissant that was working behind the counter that day,,,,,,,,,

Ruh Roh!

What?! No ACR's?!:scared1:

They had ARR's (Advance Repair Reservations), but everyone thought it was for Pirates of the Carribean. So they discontinued it.

And we have our first Nebo accident.

D'oh! How did I miss that!
smileyhead_bang-1.gif
I guess with everything else that's going on (and from the sounds of it, still to come), a little bump on the head just ain't what it used to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter