P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

Am I the only one?

Hmm, I like that, for some reason, may need to make that a regular feature.

Am I the only one that noticed this?
I was clicking through the channels the other night, and stopped clicking on Goblet of Fire.

There is a scene in Harry Potter, 4, The Goblet of Fire, where Hagrid tells Ron, Harry and Hermoine, "When I met you guys 4 years ago you were a bunch of misfits", or something very close to it.

Anybody else see the problem here?

Hey Haggerz, work with me here:
This semester, or Tri-Wizard Tournament, is year 4.
One year ago everybody was looking for Serious Black cuz he was so much fun in Azkaban.
Two years ago, Harry was playing with snakes in the Chamber of a really stupid Ginny,

And 3 years ago you met the 3 of them when Harry was kicking the Sorcerors in the Stones.

So Hagrid, you have only known them for 3 years, not 4.
Hmm, wonder if that line is written in the book, I doubt JK screwed up though, but how did no body else catch it?

Okay, try this. I'm not going to look it up. I'll leave that for the pot heads... er, Potter heads to do. I may be going out on a whomping willow limb here, but... here goes. I have no idea how long the school year would be but let's say it runs from early September to early July (I googled British school year and that's the first thing that popped up). Hagrid met Harry before the stoner school year started, so let's say August. At the end of the stoned year Hagrid will have known Harry for about a year. At the end of the Snakes on a Plane, I mean Chamber year he will have known him for 2 years. At the end of Prisoner of Albania year he'll have known him for 3 years. The Tri-Lizard cup (Said lizard is then breaded, fried and served to... well, Nebo) seems to happen at the end of the year. So by then, Hagrid will have known Harry for about 4 years, n'est-ce pas?

Or maybe I'm full of poop and the movie just made a mistake.

Whatever.

Thanks, Ponzi!

Oh, i meant to tell you, when we went to visit our son in Montana in June, we took a trip to Glacier Nat'l park. Lovely. Anyway, we were very near the Canada border and went to the welcome center for Alberta. Why does Alberta have a welcome center in the US instead of across the border when you actually get there? Strange. But anyway, it was a lovely welcome center, very clean and moderns and nice, and I thought of you :).

There are two reasons.
1. Everything's cheaper south of the 49th, especially wood! We grow it and then truck it down to you so that we can rent trucks and trailers and drive down to bring it back, 'cause it's cheaper than buying it here.
2. By having it in the US, we can greet you and be all nice and Canadian before you get to the mean ol' border guards who won't let you in anyway. So having it on this side of the border... you'd either a) Not get to it or b) already be in a bad mood that not even our super nicety would penetrate.

nicety is a word... if not, I just invented it and everyone has to pay me a dime to use it.

HI Nebo and Smidgy,

Looking forward to your latest adventure. Have read all your previous escapades.

Bob

It's been a while since I read Goober of fires, but if I remember correctly, that whole scene just didn't jive with the book - out of sequence and half the stuff in it either didn't fit the movie or wasn't in the book. I am not a big Hagrid fan after book/movie 2 though anyway...:confused3

I agree completely. That was my favorite book but in the movie I hated how they skimmed over stuff, but made the Hogwart's Ball last way too long.
Too bad your baseball season has come to an end like mine has too already, but at least football will be starting soon, and, um, sorry, never mind.

Heck, if they can pull your whole eyeball out, they surely can roll them back for a shot!

Can you imagine looking at the underside of your nose with you eyeball lying on your cheek?
But I was awake for most of my cataract surgery, he yelled at me the whole time to KEEP STILL, DON"T MOVE YOUR EYE

PS: maybe I can make my 10,000th post on this thread? Although I swear that the DIS added at least 5,000 to my count by mistake, I'm not a ubiquitous (do you like that word?) poster.

Yep, Ubi is a cool word, means "all around" I believe. But that count does seem high for you, from what I remember, maybe you got zapped by the "post fairy"?

Nah. They can't roll 'em back. Nebo's too busy ogling the banana peels. :banana:

Shoot, why did I quote this,,,,, hmmm,, Oh, I remember,, just wanted to say I watched that episode just two nights ago,,,,,,"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice........"
Sidney was my favorite, along with Flagg.

Thanks, Ponzi!

. Why does Alberta have a welcome center in the US instead of across the border when you actually get there? Strange. But anyway, it was a lovely welcome center, very clean and moderns and nice, and I thought of you :).

Wow, it's not every post that gets handed to you in this way.
Let's see, welcome center, read, rest area, read, washrooms and rest rooms.
And seeing rest rooms reminds her of Ponzi. I couldn't agree more, but I was thinking of the Port-a-Johns along the highway in the construction zones.

Your back Yeah:cloud9: glad to see a pretrippy. just found it. Going to be rereading your other trip reports next weekend. (next best thing to being there right?) Having some major dental work done and will be down for a few days (that is code for having all the teeth pulled and getting new ones:scared1:) Planned it so I would not have to take off too much work by using the 3 day weekend so it will be great to relive the adventures of spin and marty er uh nebo and smidgy.
hubby and I are big fans of the qs plan and like Puck's express in downtown disney. Heck even the youngest who is a teenager liked the place even though they did not have burgers which is just about all she ever wants to eat.
enjoy your trip keep the pre trip going. Great to have you back.
Betsey
btw I still think you need to write a book with your trip reports. and yes hagrid did get that wrong in goblet of fire.
But how did you like deathly hallows? Interested to hear your opinion as you guys also read the books like we did.

Hey there QB, you aren't alone. I have been fighting a toothache for months now, Smidgy kept telling me to do something about it but I kept putting it off. Finally went friday to a new dentist and he said it should be pulled but he can't do it, I need to see an oral sturgeon. I really wanted this done before the trip, but now it's too close,, so I'm going to hold off till we get back.

And no, I didn't care for the last movie, or the one before that or the one before that either.
I haven't liked them as much ever since the director, Yates I believe his name is, took over. They just haven't been as "magical" to me, I much preferred, um, Cross? Was that his name? He did the early ones, Christopher Cross? Looks funny, I know there's a singeer with that name....

But fI was really disappointed with the last movie,,,when Bellatrix was fighting against Ginny in the book, and suddenly Mrs. Weasley jumps in and yells,,"You leave my daughter alone you *****!" and they go at it,, I figured there would be a huge cheer in the theater when it got to that part.
Instead, it just fizzled, like most of the huge Hogwart's fight scenes.

Okay, try this. I'm not going to look it up. I'll leave that for the pot heads... er, Potter heads to do. I may be going out on a whomping willow limb here, but... here goes. I have no idea how long the school year would be but let's say it runs from early September to early July (I googled British school year and that's the first thing that popped up). Hagrid met Harry before the stoner school year started, so let's say August. At the end of the stoned year Hagrid will have known Harry for about a year. At the end of the Snakes on a Plane, I mean Chamber year he will have known him for 2 years. At the end of Prisoner of Albania year he'll have known him for 3 years. The Tri-Lizard cup (Said lizard is then breaded, fried and served to... well, Nebo) seems to happen at the end of the year. So by then, Hagrid will have known Harry for about 4 years, n'est-ce pas?

Or maybe I'm full of poop and the movie just made a mistake.

Whatever.

Well, I'll play along. The only way that can come close at all to being 4 years is if Hagrid says that line at the end of the Goober of Fire semester, then, it could be close to 4 years.
And I don't remember when in the movie that line is delivered, I think it's near the beginning, but not sure.

But numbers can be fun sometimes, eh?

Like that old thinking riddle that people would get violent over arguing about,,,, gee, how does it go again?

Oh, you probably don't want to hear it anyway.

Oh, you do?

Well, ok, I'll try.........................

3 men check into a hotel for a night, the bill is 30 dollars
and each of them hands over a ten. (no, there wasn't an extra fee for the extra adult, and don't ask why 3 men are sleeping together in one room.)

The desk clerd then realizes he overcharged them by 5 dollars, the room is only 25 a night and gives the bellhop 5 dollars to go and give back to them.

In the room, they decide there's no easy way to split the 5 dollars amongst the 3 of them, so they each take one dollar, and give the other 2 to the bellhop as a tip.

This means they now have each spent 9 dollars on the room.

Ok, 9 dollars, times the 3 of them is 27, two dollars to the bellhop makes 29!

WHere did the other dollar go?

Have fun.

There are two reasons.
1. Everything's cheaper south of the 49th, especially wood! We grow it and then truck it down to you so that we can rent trucks and trailers and drive down to bring it back, 'cause it's cheaper than buying it here.
2. By having it in the US, we can greet you and be all nice and Canadian before you get to the mean ol' border guards who won't let you in anyway. So having it on this side of the border... you'd either a) Not get to it or b) already be in a bad mood that not even our super nicety would penetrate.

nicety is a word... if not, I just invented it and everyone has to pay me a dime to use it.

The one thing that I learned when going through those border guards, is that when they ask you if you have any weapons, never say,
"Whattaya need?"

and each of them hands over a ten. (no, there wasn't an extra fee for the extra adult, and don't ask why 3 men are sleeping together in one room.)

The desk clerd then realizes he overcharged them by 5 dollars, the room is only 25 a night and gives the bellhop 5 dollars to go and give back to them.

In the room, they decide there's no easy way to split the 5 dollars amongst the 3 of them, so they each take one dollar, and give the other 2 to the bellhop as a tip.

Have fun.

$25 for the room.
$26, $27 and $28 to the three men "sleeping" together...
$29, and $30 to the bellhop for not telling anyone what was going on in the room...

Yay, this made my day, finding a new Nebo and Smidgy trip report! :banana: I usually lurk but may have commented on one of your last trip reports.

So a few things, congrats on the smoking but I am sorry to hear about your eye troubles:hug:. And I can't believe no one commented on your Shiloh Pitt comment...now that was funny, I am still chuckling over that one.

Can't wait to read about your upcoming adventures...reading your reports is like getting a great book, you don't want it to end! I will be interested to hear how you like BLT. We stayed there in February. Loved the lake view room. Once the kids went to bed DH and I would sit on the balcony with our gin and tonics (no fuzzy cups though) and watch the boats come and go...very relaxing :cloud9:.

So count me in for this ride, no doubt there will be a lot of laughs. Have a wonderful trip!!!

First night at Bay Lake Towers we are taking a boat to Trail's End. They say it's the same chicken from Hoop de Do, which is excellent.

Good food, same as HDDR/ Just watch out for the chocolate milk police. Told my DH we didn't want to give our son another cup of chocolate milk because he would get sick. Um. lady, I didn't ask your opinion...just bring me the darn chocolate milk.

Sunday we do lunch at Tony's, this was on our list last December but got axed at the last minute.

Us too, it is on the maybe list for next year.

smidgy said:
you know what I really liked at POP? the shrimp Lo Mein

:thumbsup2.

but how did no body else catch it?

I know. I know:yay: ...... I've never seen the movies:rolleyes1

I actually think Columbia Harbour House has really good fish and chips!

And of course, ALL I can think about now is the fact that I'm not there, which means I'm not in EPCOT having a Napolean at the Patisserie.

Maybe if you're in a Napoleon kinda mood, you could take a picture of one for me when you're there.

Love your dining choices!!! And Smidgy, I hope you're able to get to Tony's!!

I agree completely. That was my favorite book but in the movie I hated how they skimmed over stuff, but made the Hogwart's Ball last way too long.
Too bad your baseball season has come to an end like mine has too already, but at least football will be starting soon, and, um, sorry, never mind.

[/COLOR]

Some areas have a "farm" team, we have an "already harvested" team ;)

As I recall, (ok so I asked my 17 year old potterfile) the conversation between Hagrid and the kids took place after the second task in the story which was around the middle of the school year so I guess it is about 3 and a half years.
Hope your tooth dosen't mess up your trip too much. Many years of no insurance has taken its toll on my mouth so on Wed I'm having 25 teeth pulled and all the fun that goes with that and dentures. Ironically after saving up for this for a really long time and finally finding a dentist that didn't charge through the roof I finally get a position at the school district that lets me have insurance at an ok price for the whole family. But getting it done on a cash price is still way cheaper than what would be left over after the insurance cap is hit. Oh well aat least I can smile in the pics on the next trip to WDW. (hoping for January)
I'll just have to make sure to time the meds so it dosen't hurt so much when I laugh.
:rotfl::rotfl:

HI Nebo and Smidgy,

Looking forward to your latest adventure. Have read all your previous escapades.

Bob

Hey, Bob's here. Didn't you finally post on the last trip report the day it was sent to the mausoleum?
Well, your about six months ahead of yourself, this trip.

Have fun.

$25 for the room.
$26, $27 and $28 to the three men "sleeping" together...
$29, and $30 to the bellhop for not telling anyone what was going on in the room...

No, no, no, they each paid 9 dollars, that's 27, and the bellhop got two, that's 29.

Actually Mary, Beth, Lou and Cindy, of coarse ykou are right. It's all in the telling that's the trick.
A proper way that it should have been told would be:
They each paid 9 dollars, that's 27, MINUS the two to the bellhop is 25.
You see I started out doing the "subtraction" version of the story, then turned it into an "addition" story with the last two bucks.

And don't ever let me do this again!

Yay, this made my day, finding a new Nebo and Smidgy trip report! :banana: I usually lurk but may have commented on one of your last trip reports.

I do remem ber you, I think.
DIdn't Sean Penn play you in the movie?

So a few things, congrats on the smoking but I am sorry to hear about your eye troubles:hug:. And I can't believe no one commented on your Shiloh Pitt comment...now that was funny, I am still chuckling over that one.

I think I might have dragged that one to the well a few too many times.

Can't wait to read about your upcoming adventures...reading your reports is like getting a great book, you don't want it to end! I will be interested to hear how you like BLT. We stayed there in February. Loved the lake view room. Once the kids went to bed DH and I would sit on the balcony with our gin and tonics (no fuzzy cups though) and watch the boats come and go...very relaxing :cloud9:.

Don't need the fuzzy cups there, they are just for when you're on the go.

So count me in for this ride, no doubt there will be a lot of laughs. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Good food, same as HDDR/ Just watch out for the chocolate milk police. Told my DH we didn't want to give our son another cup of chocolate milk because he would get sick. Um. lady, I didn't ask your opinion...just bring me the darn chocolate milk.

Well, did he get sick? I would have told him to puke all over her just to prove her right.

I actually think Columbia Harbour House has really good fish and chips!

Me too, and reasonable prices.

And of course, ALL I can think about now is the fact that I'm not there, which means I'm not in EPCOT having a Napolean at the Patisserie.

Maybe if you're in a Napoleon kinda mood, you could take a picture of one for me when you're there.

How about a picture of Napolean Dynamite instead?

Love your dining choices!!! And Smidgy, I hope you're able to get to Tony's!!

Some areas have a "farm" team, we have an "already harvested" team ;)

I still think of Neil Lomax and Jim Hart playing in St. Louis, and who thought the Brewers would run away with that division?

As I recall, (ok so I asked my 17 year old potterfile) the conversation between Hagrid and the kids took place after the second task in the story which was around the middle of the school year so I guess it is about 3 and a half years.
Hope your tooth dosen't mess up your trip too much. Many years of no insurance has taken its toll on my mouth so on Wed I'm having 25 teeth pulled and all the fun that goes with that and dentures. Ironically after saving up for this for a really long time and finally finding a dentist that didn't charge through the roof I finally get a position at the school district that lets me have insurance at an ok price for the whole family. But getting it done on a cash price is still way cheaper than what would be left over after the insurance cap is hit. Oh well aat least I can smile in the pics on the next trip to WDW. (hoping for January)
I'll just have to make sure to time the meds so it dosen't hurt so much when I laugh.
:rotfl::rotfl:

Betsy, that sounds brutal! Hope it works out well for you, and remember, the vikes don't work well at all on a full stomach.

I've been away from the Disboards for awhile and come back just in time for a new Nebo & Smidgy TR, good timing on my part! I usually find them when they are almost over. I can't wait to read all about this one.

Terri

I think it's time to bring something back.

We all have our pet names for things,,, slang, butchered up titles,, in my case names like "Turtle Lady", and "Costmember", to others I've heard, like "Primevil Hurl."

But things change over time, stuff goes away, new stuff is added, old stuff is changed, so let's bring our list back up to date!

This is something we all can add to, no trademarks on any of the terms so feel free to post your own "farcical phrases" that we all can use.

So I'm going to re post this from a few trip reports ago, but it's over 3 and a half years old now, although I haven't changed it much, it's time to bring it back.

Shall we?

ladies and gentlemen,,,,,, here we go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary

Yeah, that's how it started, every household had one.

times change, however.

NEBO'S Abridgeisout DIStionary

Ok, here we go, the dissers true guide to Disneyworld.
Yes, after many years of research, we are finally able to share with the masses, the special insider terms and phrases that we all hold so dear.
Like all reference books, this is not finite, so feel free to offer your own "specials" that would add to the list shown here.

I'm sure they will be just as stupid as mine.

Oh, did I just say that out loud? Never mind.

Ok, the names or initials you see next to a word or phrase are from the original source, as known to me, that first said it. Yes, folks will be left out, and half of it will be wrong, but I can only go by what I have read, and more importantly,, what I remember.

This DIStionary is arranged in chronological order, (meaning the order that they popped into my head as I was writing them,) unlike Webster's who foolishly arranges his book alphabetically.

1. Disney's Magical Depress: Disney's airport conveyance system that begins with cartoons and much laughter, and ends with many tears and gnashing of the teeth.

2. Morlocks: Hidden cast members that monitor the rides and suddenly appear through hidden portals to take n'er do wells to their doom.

3. Wonders of Death: Pavillion in Epcot that requires employees to seek new employment due to outmoded Body Wars ride, but leaves the park gem, Cranium Command, in Limbo.

4. Jungle Snooze: Boat ride with title results occuring when the skipper is either, 1. shy, 2. a low talker, and 3. script forgetfull, or 4. foreign, with a strong accent, or, or, 5. not me.

5. Drop and Roll: (la la), Physical maneuver required when entering the Animal Kingdom Lodge on a bright and sunny day. Used to safely discover check in counter.

6. Primevil Hurl: (lexmelinda, Utah Mama,) Ride in Ak that,,,,, nuff said.

7. Cost Member: Employee who either works at a monorail resort or in a fancy souveneir shop in World showcase. Most "check-er-in-ers" are now known as "Costmembers."

8. Casserole of Progress: What happens in a MK ride in December when it is 84 degrees out and they still have the heat on inside. Can also be referred to as "Carousel of Progresso."

9. IASMW: For true Dissers only, Magic Kingdom ride cloned into World showcase's Mexican Pavillion that has undergone many name changes. From Rio de Tiempo, to 3 Bandolleros,,or Caballeros, or Peter Yarrows, it remains to be : "It's a Small Mexican World."

10. Hall of Precedence: If you have to create a precedent on your trip, this is the place to do it.

11. Permagrin: (la la), Ridiculous smiley face tourists make when they just can't take this much fun in their lives.

12. Eviction Notice: Packet that a "cost member" will hang on your door the morning of departure clearly stating that you and your kind are no longer welcome here. In the old western days it would equate to, "Get out of town by 11:00!".

13.Good Movie Ride: Yeah, yeah, it's gettin a might old. The newest scene is from the movie Alien. "Update Will Robinson, Update!"

14. The Running of the Bulls: Fantasmic escape maneuver resulting in a downhill free-for-all designed to reduce the crowd level in the Parks on the following day. (original author unknown)

15. Poop de do Review: (kay7979), What happens when fried chicken and corn and beans collide at Fort Wilderness. ,,,,,,,,, and,,,,,,,

16. Poop de do do Rescue: What happens when traveling in a 5 mile per hour golf cart, and it is suddenly almost rear ended by a Disney Motor Coach at said resort. (author's own experience). see, "Diane! Must go faster! First right,," , "I know!, I know!"

17. Guess Relations: Information kiosk for tourists that have nothing better to do then come in and try to figure out which employee is related to other employees working there. (yeah yeah, a stretch, but that's the way my mind works.) take it up with my edittor.

18. To ZZUB: (everybody), To vomit, upchuck, or generally spew all internal ingredients. Often incorrectly creditted with spewing into a fanny pack.

19. Lights, Motors, Thunderstorms: Disney Hollywood Studios stuntshow that the remaining half will never actually be performed due to the afternoon timing of the local thunderstorms in Florida. To this day no one knows what will happen in the show if the weather stays clear.

20. Conversation Station: ( yes, read that twice), Train ride destination to Rafiki's Planet Watch that results in complete boredom after petting a couple of stinky goats, and you end up sitting on a bench just talking with your fellow tourists wondering, "what are we doing here?" And, "why is there nothing doing here?"

21. Hidden Mickey: A true Disser nightmare with young'ns at Ak trying to find the correct path near Pocahantas that will lead them to a Mickey autograph signing. This "Mickey Maneuver" is now being performed at Magic Kingdom, and Epcot, where Mickey goes into the Witless Protection Program. ( see Casey Anthony)

22. Killdozer: Six foot housecleaner's cart that are manned by 5 foot housecleaners. Able to crush you at the back of an elevator if you remain quiet, or on any sudden turn you should make in the hallways without giving the secret word first. (send 2 dollars in a self addressed stamped envelope to receive secret word.) ,,,(again, author's own experience)

23. Missing: Space Chunks: Interactive ride where you the protagonist gets to fill in the gaps of the Missing: Space Chunks. Much easier to do if you do the spinning version. Also known as Mission: Spray

24. Interventions: Central Epcot pavillioin where family members unite against you to try and talk some sense into you and prevent you from signing up for the "Simply Segway" tour.

25. pause, time out,,,, is it hot in here or is it just me? Ok, to be honest, I had no idea this would go this far,,,, but now, in the words of Chevey Chase, it's become a quest. I will finish this, no matter what it takes....um, would somebody up there kindly turn my brain off ? SOON?

25. 7-10 minutes: Automatic response you will get from a cast member when asking the walking distance from any said point A, to said point B. i.e. Ranchos to food court,,,,,French Quarter to Ol'man Island,,,, Fifties section at Pop Century to Tokyo Disneyland.

26. Tree of Tears (lexmelinda), : Iconic landmark of Animal Kingdom that also houses the "Screamin' Kids Show", 3-D movie that will have all kids screaming as soon as "Hopper" shows up. The jab in the back is only in case some kids need a head start screaming. This movie has been highly acclaimed as a great birth control method for newleyweds, however. (by the way, kids with "Hopper" passes are not immune.)

27. Lastpass: Ticket you can get anytime during the day that you feel you might wish to do later. Which you can then save until the end of the day, when the park is packed, and fastpasses are gone,,,,,,, and they will still honor! Makes a great parting park ride gift.

28. Depressions de France: Depressing French movie where all the actors just sneer at you (because you're not French), and tell you how lucky you are that you are not standing like in the Canada or China movies!

29, StressfulMagic: Nightime MK Parade requiring a great deal of fortitude in staking out one's spot, and then PROTECTING IT!

30. Rose and Crud restaurant: nuff said.
see also Rose and Cretaceous, "Long John's Fossils" ,Rose and Frown, and, "Would you like Pteradactyls with that sir?"

31. Snorin' : What happens by about the tenth time you ride it since it opened.

and now, a couple of your author's favorites:

32. NORDSTROM'S: Short, boring boat ride in NORWAY, resulting in an even more boring movie.

33. MONO-RAIL: Closed, airtight Disney conveyance system used to transport many infectious people at the maximum efficency capable of said craft. The crowded, congested quarters create a breeding ground for all occupants, therefore, the title.

34. Narcolepsy's: Two credit restaurant at Grand Floridian that will have you sleeping at your table waiting for the check to come.

Ok, I'm shot, done typing. No, I'm not going to go into the "lack of Imagination pavillioin" or what I wished would become " Honey, I shrunk the preshow" in same said pavillion.

This has sinced be replaced by:

35. Captain "EWE"

There is, however, a couple more {egocentric} phrases I have used.
( ok, what the heck are those brackets, and how in the hell did I get them? Did I go Goth?)

Yeah, these are phrases you won't see being used by others, but they hold a special place in my heart.

36. Grinding Nebo, the Ride: What happens when I have to come into a dark ride after being in bright sunshine, and don't quite make it all the way into the "clamshell" when I am told to "SIT".

37. Indiana Diana Stuntshow Spectacular: Yes, they renamed it after her after she showed up on stage more often then the INDY did.

38. Fooling Nebo, the Moronical: Again, what happens when they keep changing the show time for the musical at Ak. JUST to throw off my schedule!

With that, I am done. Yes, I know I'm gonna hear some spit, sorry I could n't connect the right quotes all the time with the right people, I can only go by what's stored up in that feeble brain I have.
So, let me end it here now, with a line I always liked from a Tiggerbell trip report:::::

"And then the Castle blew up, and we all went home!"(Tiggerbell)

OK, so I've been to WDW a handful of times, but my home resort is Disneyland (check my location). Can't contribute fun names to your WDW list, but there's one that's ubiquitous on the DLR boards. I can't take credit.

In California Adventure, Mickey's Fun Wheel is a large ferris wheel with cages that hold 6 people each. There are two flavors of cages -- fixed ones that stay attached and just rotate a little bit when the wheel stops. And ones that ride on rails, and start swinging wildly back and forth on those rails when it stops. It's very, very unnerving.

If you find yourself on the left coast of the DISboards, just use the acronym MFWoD. Everyone will know what you're talking about.

Oh yeah, what's it stand for? Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death :)

-Bob

Yippy found this as a "pre-trip," not almost done and I'm reading six months behind! I needed something to entertain me as I wait for October. (see siggy!)

We also endured a December 2010 Disney trip and had the honor of witnessing three Orlando record lows, so I was empathetically amused by your last trip report.

OMG, ***, SMH, FML AND XYZ! How am I JUST NOW GETTING HERE? Hey my imaginary besties- Nebo & Smidgy!

I feel like maybe I should write in bigger text to take the strain off of Neb's eye.:laughing:

In order to pass the time between exciting, adventurous, funny and always blood shedding Nebo reports, I've started reading "Disneymoon" reports... nearly as sappy as a Nicholas Sparks book... :sad1:There is one I'm enjoying a bunch, so I'll finish that... but none of the writers grab my attention like Nebs!

Okay.. catching up on what I've missed:
First... I wanted to tell you... keep this on the DL... DH knows but no one at my office does.... I've submitted my resume to WDW, kind of as a joke and I got an e-mail saying I'm actually being considered.... WHAT?! :scared1::laughing:

I'll let you know if/when I hear more... which I doubt I will.

Anyway, first: DS(IL) LOVES the Dole Whips... but I agree, they are over rated... but she'd disown me if she read that (and she's on here... so maybe I shouldn't, but I already have...) I'd much rather have the POPCORN from the store on main street... I can't remember the name of it but it's a suvenier shop and the assorted popcorns are across from the cashier. Cheddar, chocolate covered, carmel, my favorite by far... CINNAMON toast! omg if you haven't had it, you're missing out! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:worship:

Back to the pretrip report...
When we went last Oct. my DH and I got the fish from the R&C and it was good... yours does look like a deep fried Randal though. odd...

AND finally, where did the other dollar?!

Can't wait to read more! Smidgy, please remember to unplug all things electrical before A. leaving the house and B. before the rest of the trip report... we don't want it burning down in the middle of the trip!

Now back to your regularly scheduled author..... :love:

2. Morlocks: Hidden cast members that monitor the rides and suddenly appear through hidden portals to take n'er do wells to their doom.

So does that make us Eloi? Wait a sec, Morlocks eat Eloi... On second thought, I know after WDW my wallet is a lot lighter, maybe the Morlocks ate my money? Yeah, that must be it...

4. Jungle Snooze: Boat ride with title results occuring when the skipper is either, 1. shy, 2. a low talker, and 3. script forgetfull, or 4. foreign, with a strong accent, or, or, 5. not me.

Yup, you're either laughing hysterically because you've got a great skipper or sitting there wondering why did you ever get on this ride.

So, let me end it here now, with a line I always liked from a Tiggerbell trip report:::::

"And then the Castle blew up, and we all went home!"(Tiggerbell)

:lmao:I love that line! I gotta use it next time somebody asks me how our trip was.

Yay!!!! I am soooooo happy to see a TR! :banana: like I just told smidgy i have been disboardless for a little over six mnths battling cancer. But I am back and I am counting down to my very own celebration "I am so done with damn radiation celebration". So I am happily going to ride along like the good oletimes of rowdy brazillion tour groups while I count down the days to our WDW trip on October 4. Whoo hoo! Watch out sand bucket stealers...this year I am fighting back. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter