P&J's Escape Wedding PJ! Feb 15, 2011(SBP, UK Lower) A year gone by...

We waited it out for Jenn's hubby to return the rental car from their big hockey night the night before. She said he'd left practically at the crack of dawn, so when 9:30 rolled around she got a bit worried...turns out he was desperate for one more round on the Manta so tried to cab it to Sea World to use his free day on the back of the ticket! Well, you have to sign up for that before you leave on the first day...he wasn't too happy about it, but she was fairly vicious over it lol.

:rotfl::rotfl: thats brilliant! Bless him.... Can't blame him for wanting to squeeze another ride in - though Manta wouldn't be my choice ;)

Love the photos you took where you're using props. They're great, looks like you had a blast doing them!

aww you met the beast. I've never seen him...yet. I'll hunt him down one day.

Cool pics and another great update, thank you x

I love to read all your posts! I can't believe my wedding is finally almost here :goodvibes I was wondering if you could help me with a few things... First, did you purchase another photography package or did you just use the package included in the escape wedding?? Also, I get to have a mk photoshoot :cheer2: and I saw that you ended up purchasing the disc with all the photos and I was wondering how much that costs?!

:rotfl::rotfl: thats brilliant! Bless him.... Can't blame him for wanting to squeeze another ride in - though Manta wouldn't be my choice ;)

Love the photos you took where you're using props. They're great, looks like you had a blast doing them!

aww you met the beast. I've never seen him...yet. I'll hunt him down one day.

Cool pics and another great update, thank you x

Thanks! We're almost done here, I hate the thought! And poor Matt hahaa, to this day we don't bring it up for both his sake and his wife's :)

I love to read all your posts! I can't believe my wedding is finally almost here :goodvibes I was wondering if you could help me with a few things... First, did you purchase another photography package or did you just use the package included in the escape wedding?? Also, I get to have a mk photoshoot :cheer2: and I saw that you ended up purchasing the disc with all the photos and I was wondering how much that costs?!

Yes, you're so close! At least when I finish up mine I'll be able to read yours!

We used the package included in the Escape Wedding + added Dessert Party photography ($300.00) + added the MK shoot.

The high res dvd is a bajillion dollars.

LOL.
Actually, you get a proof dvd, which has all of your pictures on it (for free), but they can only print to 4x6. That didn't really fly with our visions of massive wedding pictures plastered wallpaper style all over the house...err....I mean....a few of our favourite pictures selected to tastefully adorn our walls...

So we ordered the $750.00 (ack! :scared1:) dvd. It prints to 8x10. There's another one for $1000.00...it goes much high...I just figured I don't need a picture of my face to be bigger than my actual face, kwim? So we went for the "cheaper" version.

Remember when we had that utterly relaxing day before the wedding, went mini-golfing, and saw how empty the parking lot at Hollywood Studios was? Well, two days before President's Day, Hollywood Studios was NOT that empty.

DH and I decided to sleep a little this morning. We had a 12:30 lunch for 5 (5! Can you believe our numbers dropped that low?) at 50's Prime Time, so we arrived at about 10:30. TSM fastpasses were long gone, and the wait was 120 minutes. Yeah, not TSM for us this trip! Ah well.

Hollywood Studios was looking to be a bit of a nightmare. The crowds were intense, especially coming out of a quiet week! When planning the trip we knew that we were going from low to high season, but it was kind of crazy to go from fairly empty parks to insane crowds.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011481.jpg

We had a decent lunch at 50's Prime Time, although we were late getting in, and service was a bit slow...so it was almost 3 by the time we got out. The Beauty and the Beast show was at 3:30 and it is my FAVOURITE, so there was no missing it! Bless DH, as he had seen Beauty and the Beast Thursday night with my MOH and her bf while I was shopping (her favourite too ;) , but he didn't complain...much....;)

FloridaWeddingTrip2011490.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011492.jpg

After the show we met up with DH's family, who had gone to Indiana Jones instead. We squeezed in the Muppets, which I always love, and then headed over to Tower of Terror. It was quite a wait, but we people watched. I don't know why I go on this ride. I hate it. Honestly. And I keep my eyes closed the WHOLE time, and I actually sweat, I get so worked up. Eugh. The pictures are always funny though! We thought we'd attempt to use our fastpasses for Rockin' Rollercoaster after this...well. The fastpass line was longer than the regular line, and the regular line was NOT short. There went that idea.

So, in Hollywood Studios we accomplished lunch, Beauty and the Beast, The Muppets, and Tower of Terror. Nothing else! DH really wanted to see Wishes again, so we thought we'd do it tonight...we headed over to MK, and DH's family headed to Downtown Disney.

We managed to time it impeccably, and scored great spots for the parade! I must say, it's way easier finding spots for 2 than 20....
FloridaWeddingTrip2011494.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011495.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011496.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011516.jpg

We ended up following the parade up to the partner's statue, and scored great spots for the castle show and Wishes. Against the fence, so nobody could squeeze in front of me. I know what I'm doing! Sigh. Perfection.
Our perfect spot:
FloridaWeddingTrip2011533.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011537.jpg

DH reached into the bag to pull out his "sweater" when it got cooler...well, guess who has a t-shirt and long-sleeved shirt the same colour?? He was pretty funny about it, and insisted on putting it on.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011538.jpg

After that, we decided to head out...what a madhouse. They were doing another memories castle show right after the fireworks...we ended up taking the "lovely" backstage way out...right past the dumpsters, yummmm. So magical.

Back at Pop, we had a very late night dinner, where I tried this:

FloridaWeddingTrip2011540.jpg

It was not good.

Despite the crowds, this was a good day. It was nice just meeting for lunch and a ride with a few people. No pressure. Super fun being in MK alone with DH...we've never been without family, and we've been to Disney 4 times together. Back in the room, we started packing up, as we were heading to AKL the next day!
I pictured our random "stuff" here...I tease DH about the juxtaposition between my bridal ears and the hat that he'd been wearing!
FloridaWeddingTrip2011542.jpg

Wow! The disc really is super expensive!:scared: but I'm like you, 4x6 pictures aren't going to be big enough... Looks like we'll be added that to our purchases haha. Thanks for the info lady:goodvibes

Great updates! I live for updates like this at the minute!

I love all the props picks. My DF will definitely be up for this kind of malarky-especially if he has a few around the world drinks on the way!

That cake! NOOOOOOO!! It looks radioactive :scared1:. What was in it?

Hiya! :)

I've never seen the Beauty and the Beast show your pics look good so I'm gonna add it to my list of must do's! That was really nice of DH to watch it again with you.

Love the parade pics, another thing I can't wait to go back and see. You two look great in your pics, such a nice happy couple.

That... cake is it? Looks..erm colourful. What was it? When we stayed in pop last year I tried to tie-dyed cheese cake and it was nice but it had a weird effect on me....lol

Can't wait to see pics of the AKL, I love looking at your photos :thumbsup2 x

Wow! The disc really is super expensive!:scared: but I'm like you, 4x6 pictures aren't going to be big enough... Looks like we'll be added that to our purchases haha. Thanks for the info lady:goodvibes

Super expensive...it actually hurt to see that payment go out; we hadn't included it in the budget...but who needs to eat anyway? Also, the disc is not here yet. Not stellar in the quickness factor. Quality better be good!

Great updates! I live for updates like this at the minute!

I love all the props picks. My DF will definitely be up for this kind of malarky-especially if he has a few around the world drinks on the way!

That cake! NOOOOOOO!! It looks radioactive :scared1:. What was in it?

Welll there's only one day left, booo! The cake...um...I thought it was cheesecake, but I'm not really sure...I only had a half of a bite.

Hiya! :)

I've never seen the Beauty and the Beast show your pics look good so I'm gonna add it to my list of must do's! That was really nice of DH to watch it again with you.

Love the parade pics, another thing I can't wait to go back and see. You two look great in your pics, such a nice happy couple.

That... cake is it? Looks..erm colourful. What was it? When we stayed in pop last year I tried to tie-dyed cheese cake and it was nice but it had a weird effect on me....lol

Can't wait to see pics of the AKL, I love looking at your photos :thumbsup2 x

Oh you CAN'T miss Beauty and the Beast. It was nice of DH, I showed my appreciation by not embarrassing him by singing along (much). I would go to Beauty and the Beast every day if I could.

Oddly enough, we don't usually see ANY parades, DH's family is more a "squeeze in any ride that you possibly can" kind of crew...and I admit, I often fall into that category too. But it really is nice and relaxing. If there's not 20 of you, you can stake out a good spot, and nobody elbows you or invades your bubble space TOO much. ;)

That was it, the tye-dye cake. I think. Yuck! I also tried the zebra domes in AKL. Double yuck!

Sunday morning brought check out time at POP. We knew we had a window between check out of Pop and check in at AKL, and we didn't really have an agenda on the go. We decided we'd haul our stuff over to DH's mom's room to have a little time with her before we headed off (Grammie and DH's brother were at the golf course). When I got to the room, his mom had her computer set up, so I hopped online to change my name on facebook (lol) and check some emails. I started jumping and squealing when I opened up the emails, because our pictures were sent to us! We went through them twice and then I went about in a flurry emailing the link so family members and a few close friends.

Finally, DH pried me from the computer and we headed out to the front of the building. We decided that we weren't too into lugging our four bags via Disney transport, we had some cash left (almost unheard of with us this close to the end of a trip!) so we cabbed it over. Our driver was odd. And when we arrived, nobody helped us with the bags. The driver just sat in the car, and we had to open the back doors ourselves to lug out our four bags. Needless to say, there was no tipping going on there.

AKL is BEAUTIFUL. Pop certainly did the trick for us for the trip: we were asking a lot for people to travel down for our wedding, and we wanted to be somewhat accessible too, so that's why we stayed there. We knew people would have stayed wherever, but felt awkward asking people to stay in a higher level hotel. But AKL...wow. You can just FEEL it...hard to explain.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011559.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011550.jpg

We dropped our luggage off with concierge, then went to the front desk even though we knew our room probably wouldn't be ready. It wasn't, but that was okay...we ended up heading down to Mara to have lunch (where I tried the zebra domes - ew! That would be 0 for 2 on desserts for me in a 24 hour period.). After Mara, we wandered around checking out the pool, the resort in general, and the animals.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011548.jpg

We then decided to skip over to Animal Kingdom. Kind of a long story...but when we were at Animal Kingdom with the rest of the crew, my MOH had been looking for a bracelet. Her aunt had visited Animal Kingdom the year it opened and had bought a bracelet, and worn it all the time. She died shortly after the visit, very suddenly, and my MOH has worn it ever since. Well, the bracelet was starting to fray and she's always worried now that she'll lose it. The day that we were in Animal Kingdom she had wanted to look for it right away, but her boyfriend wanted to do something else, and convinced her to wait. By the time she got to the kiosk they were closed (right before supper). It was not good. She was fairly devastated, and he was totally in the doghouse for it. Anyway, so we headed back to scout out the bracelets. We didn't have any luck. :confused3 I asked at a bunch of places, and they didn't have the right clasp on it (the tree of life). Boo. I did tell her however, that they didn't seem to exist anymore so she'd stop blaming Kyle!

FloridaWeddingTrip2011551.jpg

It was super hot, and quite crowded, so I got a Mickey Bar, we sat for a bit to people watch, and then headed back to the resort.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011555.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011558.jpg

We checked into our fantastic room, read a little on the balcony, and then changed for dinner at Sanaa.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011561.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011563.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011562.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011564.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011565.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011566.jpg

MMMMMMMMmmmm! We are SO going back there! Our server was so fantastic that I left a comment card for him. He was just really informative, offering suggestions, history, how things are made, etc. Above and beyond. Loved him, and the food.

After supper it was back over to hit the hot tub and pool. We were sooo sad to be leaving the next day :sad2:

DH got up early the next morning and brought back brekkie, which we enjoyed on the balcony watching the animals.

FloridaWeddingTrip2011572.jpg

FloridaWeddingTrip2011574.jpg

I don't even think we spoke while rounding things up...we didn't want to leave. We got out to the Magical Express and he wouldn't let us on...apparently they had us scheduled to leave the day earlier from Pop. Bah. He wasn't very nice about it. DH got it straightened out at the front desk. I was willing to stay at Disney and forget the whole leaving thing altogether.

The line at the airport to get through security was insane...we were late leaving, and then found out there was a storm coming into Toronto, so we just ended up hoping that we'd beat it out to get home. I mean, I wouldn't mind staying in Florida, but cold, snowy Toronto was a different story! My zumba instructor ended up on our flight to Halifax, and she teased me about showing up to the next class now that I "was an old married lady". We landed...to snow and ice pellets. Welcome home.

That's it folks. I'm really glad I did this TR. Sometimes when I'm having a blah day I go back and read. Even the crazy meltdowns put a little smile on my face...although I'm still not over the poncho incident. ;)

aww! I can't believe its the end. :sad1:

I have to say the AKL looks amazing. Every photo I've ever seen of the place is just WOW.

Any way thank you for writing your PJ, it's been a brilliant read and I've loved looking at all your pics.

Congrats once again and I wish you and your DH many years of happiness. x

Hi Jennine! I just wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your pj and tr! You are so funny! It has been very helpful to me as I too am an escape bride hoping to have a dessert party and having the MK photo shoot! Congratulations - you are a beautiful couple!

aww! I can't believe its the end. :sad1:

I have to say the AKL looks amazing. Every photo I've ever seen of the place is just WOW.

Any way thank you for writing your PJ, it's been a brilliant read and I've loved looking at all your pics.

Congrats once again and I wish you and your DH many years of happiness. x

Thank you so much. I had a great time writing it!

Hi Jennine! I just wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your pj and tr! You are so funny! It has been very helpful to me as I too am an escape bride hoping to have a dessert party and having the MK photo shoot! Congratulations - you are a beautiful couple!

Thank you! I'm glad people read lol, I loved reading others' and still do!

I love Love LOVE your MK shoot pics by the castle! They're AMAZING!!!!! and I love how fun you made it with the sword in the stone, and going to the Haunted Mansion (mine and DF's first date ride)... I hope we can do that one day! :)

I love Love LOVE your MK shoot pics by the castle! They're AMAZING!!!!! and I love how fun you made it with the sword in the stone, and going to the Haunted Mansion (mine and DF's first date ride)... I hope we can do that one day! :)

Oh, thanks! Regina made the whole thing just perfect for us. I wish all of DPS could give as good as a product as we received.

A year ago was our first day in Disney. I can't believe where the time has gone. Some days it feels like we got married yesterday; others it feels like a lifetime ago. So weird.

We've been busy! I've been reading and following PJs but not commenting so much. We have our hands full these days (literally! Easier to scroll than type lol)....

Henrysfirstweek008.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

Henry was born January 10th, 2012! Which means we haven't been back to the World since our wedding trip, but all for a good reason! We're currently trying to decide how early is too early to bring Henry on a trip (June maybe...).

Good luck to everyone planning! Keep up the writing...I still love looking back at this PJ and reminiscing. It's worth keeping it up for that part alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter