P.I. DisMeet on 25th!!!? and a golf question

OlyWaguy

Needs more leg room!!
I'm assuming that this place will be a MADHOUSE in the following days (Fri/Sat nites). I'm trying to think stratigically. The less crowded the better. I'm not much of a clubber but I'm willing to get my tonsils wet and bust out my Napolean Dynamite dance moves (not a pretty site but who cares.... I don't live in that half of the country...yet.)

I'm hoping to stir up some interest and a little more solidification on meeting some Dissers before heading down. I know that sush101 had expressed interest and everyone knows Darcy ahh errr...
nocomment.gif

I also know Buena Vista, Disneydeb, and Justlikeeyore will be down there. I don't know much about anyone on the boards but wouldn't mind meeting all of you, together, at PI. First glass of water is on me.
No pressure here (*wink*wink*, nudge, nudge)

Of course, anyone else from the boards is welcome to join.

If not.. I could stay in and watch "The Office" and "30 Rock". My DVR here at home will pick it up also.

and ps to Buena Vista
I was going to ask you about the golf courses on site. My brother and I are going to set some tee times while down there. I'm actually a fantastic golfer except for my driving, chipping, and putting. My ball tends to pull to the left and barely gets off the ground.(Does that sound wrong or what?) Any recommendations on courses and club rentals and such?? It's been a while since I last golfed in Florida (1987).

I'm assuming that this place will be a MADHOUSE in the following days (Fri/Sat nites). I'm trying to think stratigically. The less crowded the better. I'm not much of a clubber but I'm willing to get my tonsils wet and bust out my Napolean Dynamite dance moves (not a pretty site but who cares.... I don't live in that half of the country...yet.)

I'm hoping to stir up some interest and a little more solidification on meeting some Dissers before heading down. I know that sush101 had expressed interest and everyone knows Darcy ahh errr...
nocomment.gif

I also know Buena Vista, Disneydeb, and Justlikeeyore will be down there. I don't know much about anyone on the boards but wouldn't mind meeting all of you, together, at PI. First glass of water is on me.
No pressure here (*wink*wink*, nudge, nudge)

Of course, anyone else from the boards is welcome to join.

If not.. I could stay in and watch "The Office" and "30 Rock". My DVR here at home will pick it up also.

and ps to Buena Vista
I was going to ask you about the golf courses on site. My brother and I are going to set some tee times while down there. I'm actually a fantastic golfer except for my driving, chipping, and putting. My ball tends to pull to the left and barely gets off the ground.(Does that sound wrong or what?) Any recommendations on courses and club rentals and such?? It's been a while since I last golfed in Florida (1987).

First things first.. I'm always game for meeting up with fellow DISers while I'm down there! I'm really looking forward to meeting Darcy, and if everyone else's schedules work out I'm sure we can plan on meeting up for something. I arrive on the 24th and leave early on the 28th, so I have 4 nights. I do plan at least one night at Jelly Rolls, one at the Adventurers Club, and probably Saturday night at MK (my last night there), but I have no fixed plans.

As for golf.. Disney has some really good courses, club rentals, and free transportation to any of them if you're staying at a Disney resort, so that's the way to go if you have limited transportation and don't have/want to bring your sticks with you. If you have a car, there are dozens of great courses in that area and you can probably get a better deal off-site if you're just planning on playing once. If you plan on playing a couple or more times and have an A/P or DVC membership, you can get a WDW golf membership. Send me a PM for more details. I've played at least a dozen or so courses in that area and can recommend a few depending on where you're staying and what kind of game you have. :)

Hey there!! Robin and I will be at Jellyrolls the 24th, PI/AC the 25th and Jellyrolls the 26th!! I hope we can meet up with ya!! It would be fun!

Hey there!! Robin and I will be at Jellyrolls the 24th, PI/AC the 25th and Jellyrolls the 26th!! I hope we can meet up with ya!! It would be fun!

Yes that's the plan so far, and we also plan to do some drinking around the world at EPCOT, but as a pre-night out warm up, possibly even late afternoons. Nothing like a last-minute trip:cool1:

I just hope that PI isn't as crowded as I think it's going to be. I do want to see all these places like Jellyrolls, AC, and whatever else is out there, though standing in line isn't my idea of a fun night.
I take it you all normally just stay at one place and not move around so much. I'll go where the prevailing winds take me and it sounds like either JR or AC, is this right? And a good time is saaay 9ish? (I feel like a blind man giving directions here.) but I do need this cuz I'm not taking my cell with me on the trip. We haven't decided whether or not we are taking a computer so I was hoping to hammer out plans BEFORE leaving. If this can't be done, Im flexible (it's a vacation with a mission but still a vacation).

Here's to the night life....
banana_smiley_50.gif

I just hope that PI isn't as crowded as I think it's going to be. I do want to see all these places like Jellyrolls, AC, and whatever else is out there, though standing in line isn't my idea of a fun night.
I take it you all normally just stay at one place and not move around so much. I'll go where the prevailing winds take me and it sounds like either JR or AC, is this right? And a good time is saaay 9ish? (I feel like a blind man giving directions here.) but I do need this cuz I'm not taking my cell with me on the trip. We haven't decided whether or not we are taking a computer so I was hoping to hammer out plans BEFORE leaving. If this can't be done, Im flexible (it's a vacation with a mission but still a vacation).

Here's to the night life....
banana_smiley_50.gif

JellyRolls is located at the Boardwalk resort, and we just fell in love with the place. Two pianos, a rowdy crowd, and the entertainment just never stops!! LOL As for PI, I have never been club hopping there, I've never been to the Adventurers Club, or any of the other clubs there. My thinking is that I really should get there one night before it closes so that I will not regret failing to experience it. That is where the 25th comes in. I know so many people who just love the Adventurers Club, so I want to experience that. I was born without the gene that gives a person rhythm, so dancing only happens after I imbibe in way too much alcohol, and it always ends in some form of humiliation for me. So I tend to just choose live entertainment venues over dance clubs. Thats just my personal preference though.

nocomment.gif

I, um, believe I resemble that remark. . .and dang, do I have a rep or what. . .ROFLMAO. . .

Tracy, get the water ready. . .:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LOL, Tommy boy is your roomie this time, he should get a turn at playing watergirl...LOLOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm sure he will do me proud!!! :rotfl:

Watergirl?!.. watch it missy.:mad:

:) I'll just say that we're all professionals and I'm sure we all know how to pace ourselves for the duration... I'll be there to do my share and to help my friends and teammates do theirs :).

Watergirl?!.. watch it missy.:mad:

:) I'll just say that we're all professionals and I'm sure we all know how to pace ourselves for the duration... I'll be there to do my share and to help my friends and teammates do theirs :).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have you seen any of the pictures from previous trips, Tom?LOL

:lmao: yeah.. so much for the pep talk. don't say I didn't try though :)

Hey, it sounded really good anyway:)

I will say that I can vouch for both Tracy and Darcy being a lot of fun, and I am sure that you will catch on quick to our buddy system, which does require fetching waters and taking photos at times...LOL

Hey, it sounded really good anyway:)

I will say that I can vouch for both Tracy and Darcy being a lot of fun, and I am sure that you will catch on quick to our buddy system, which does require fetching waters and taking photos at times...LOL

I'm not sure it requires photo taking, but that probably helps fill in some of the details later on. :) Hey, whatever the team needs. :grouphug:

I, um, believe I resemble that remark. . .and dang, do I have a rep or what. . .ROFLMAO. . .

Tracy, get the water ready. . .:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ha.... just trying to get yer attention. I knew you had a reputation to uphold. Just doing my part.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have you seen any of the pictures from previous trips, Tom?LOL

I take it you girls have a hard time pacing yourselves.
Do you sometimes picture World Showcase as a half mile track with many pit stops and no checkered flag to end it? And then you wake up.

I take it you girls have a hard time pacing yourselves.
Do you sometimes picture World Showcase as a half mile track with many pit stops and no checkered flag to end it? And then you wake up.

:lmao: We do our best to pace it one drink at a time :) Beware of the Jellyrolls crawl though....

They have some interesting pit stops at World Showcase! LOL

I'm game :) Though I kinda suck at dancing (you would laugh) but getting a lil better at drinking lol.

wow, so much planning while I was away! :eek:

ok so I'm confused..is the DisMeet on the 24th/25th at Jelly Rolls or someother place?? If I join in it will probably be later that 9pm...so could someone in the group please PM their cell # so I could find you guys? Thanks!

party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter