• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oxygen and ECV rentals

lyndon1

Mr UPS
My mother in law will be joining us for our annual WDW trip. I need to set up an ECV and oxygen rental for our stay. I would like to have this taken care of a couple of weeks before our Aug 11th arrival.

Does anyone have any experience with this of request?

Thanks,
Lyndon Girvin
DVC Members since 1995

If you're MIL is on home oxygen now, your present homecare company should be able to set this up for you. Will she need oxygen on the plane? I would also talk to them about this, since I believe this needs to be a special cylinder due to the atmoshpheric pressure. Good luck.

If you require oxygen on the plane it must and will be provided by the airline. You have to arrange this thru the airline company. If you check the disability boards there are several companies that provide what you need at Disney. We used a company like that when we went in 2002. They had everything waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived. I don't have a name since it was a wish trip and they made all the arrangements.

Check out the Disability board there is alot of valuable information there and everyone on that board is great, you will always get the right answer. IMHO, rent an ECV offsite so you have it everywhere you go and if you don't make it to the park before all of theirs are gone, you will still have one, they make life alot easier.

Suzanne princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter