Owner's locker

Owner's Locker is a storage service that allows you to store things that you only use at WDW or are things that are leftover from your current visit. For example we have 2 OL - one holds clothes and toiletries the other holds our Keurig coffee pot, Apple cables, cleaning supplies, etc. There is an annual charge - I think $99/year with DVC discount plus a $25 delivery charge. It is totally worth it if you fly and plan to visit multiple times in the year. BTW the lockers are purple plastic tubs - about 3'x2' with dividers. If you search Owners Locker you will find multiple threads and you can always visit their web site.

We have 3 lockers, lol! We visit between 21 and 28 days a year, so we keep anything and everything in them! Definitely worth it!

Here's their website: Www.ownerslocker.com

We love our lockers too! We have got everything stored we need to make our vacation so much better. We can travel from the UK for 2 weeks and just bring one checked bag (which we wouldn't need if our DD didn't keep growing :rotfl2:)

I love arriving at our resort and unpacking the lockers and making the villa "home" - it's priceless really. :thumbsup2

We head that way this Friday and I love being in the bathroom, thinking about what I don't have to pack...that is in the OL, and that, and that, and that...

DH made fun of me when I got my locker...as I packed it up on check out day, I could tell he was watching me...he got one when we got home. We love our OLs

OL rocks! DW & I can essentially get by with carry-ons, or maybe one medium bag for our trips. No point in lugging all that "stuff" back & forth. :earsboy:

I believe the DVC discount is only for the one-time membership fee when you join, not for the annual fee.

I've often wondered if the "one free use per year" is based on the calendar year or date joined. I cannot determine this from their website.

I've often wondered if the "one free use per year" is based on the calendar year or date joined. I cannot determine this from their website.

It's per "OL UY".

Think of it as, every year when you pay your annual fee, the next trip will not be charged a delivery fee.

We did Owner's Locker for several years. The people who own and run it are amazing! Absolutely no complaints! We stopped using them for two reasons. 1) I was not organized enough to properly inventory what was in our owner's locker. On the last day when we were packing I was just too rushed to take the time to write it all down. If I did it again, I would take cell phone photos of everything in there! More importantly, 2) Southwest moved into our local airport. We can know take two bags each at no cost. I keep one piece of luggage packed with all the stuff I used to have in the Locker.

We did Owner's Locker for several years. The people who own and run it are amazing! Absolutely no complaints! We stopped using them for two reasons. 1) I was not organized enough to properly inventory what was in our owner's locker. On the last day when we were packing I was just too rushed to take the time to write it all down. If I did it again, I would take cell phone photos of everything in there! More importantly, 2) Southwest moved into our local airport. We can know take two bags each at no cost. I keep one piece of luggage packed with all the stuff I used to have in the Locker.

That's exactly what I did - cell phone pics of contents of both of our lockers. Quicker than writing/filling out the checklist!

I found out this year that the "one trip" per year is based on the date you join not on the month you join the way DVC works. My DVC use year is Dec, I visit every Jan, one year I go early in Jan the next year I go later in Jan. I buy an annual pass and Tables In Wonderland card on the year I go later in Jan so I can get two trips out of both. Unfortunately that doesn't work the same with Owners Lockers. I believe I joined on 1/19 so if my trip falls on 1/10 I will have to pay an additional $25 that year. If my trip starts 1/19 or later I don't have to pay the extra $25. I'm not real happy about that but I guess in the scheme of things an extra $25 every other year isn't that bad. I just wish their use year worked the same way DVC does. I could do the 2 bag thing and fly Southwest, I'm not sure I want to hassle with an extra bag every trip but it's certainly something to think about. Thanks for the tip.

One of the best things we ever did. We won a year free at the DVC Welcome Home Wednesday gathering a few years ago and have kept it up since. Can't describe how great it is to have your own things away from home, especially the things you only use at WDW. Also amazing how much you can fit in the locker. John, the owner, is absolutely the best to work with. Can't praise Owner's Locker enough!

We fly SW every trip, too....DH will not give up his locker because he keeps his 100 Toy Story Aliens in there, that go under the TV each trip...and it holds his Blanket of Power :genie:

Man, I love my OL!!! I do need to reorganize it though. That's a chore for my Dec visit....replace toiletries and some clothing.
I know of people that keep their alcohol in their lockers....that way they don't have to lug it down, or buy it once they're there. I like to keep full size shampoo/cond, plastic plates/bowls, beach towels, extra water shoes, a bathing suit, a sweater, and maybe 3 days worth of clothes. Lots of other 'stuff'....can't remember, hence the reorganization!!!

I like the concept and hear good things about the quality of service but it seems like it is only cost effective if you no longer have to check bags (to save on baggage fees) when you travel and you go WDW more than once a year. The lockers also do not seem that big. Am I off base here?

It holds all those little things you keep buying then possibly discarding. Or it letsyou buy bigger things. So, for me, coffee filters for the DVC coffeemakers. I could keep buying 100 packs for too-much at the store at my resort, and never use them all and try to remember to bring them home and back (we don't have a coffeemaker that uses the same filters) or I can buy one big pack and leave it in there. Coffee filters aren't going to make up the cost of the service, but if you have enough things you pack and repack and forget etc, it starts adding up, especially in convenience.

We have little handheld fans in there (with the batteries removed of course) we have all our old MBs. Laundry detergent. Some will-last-forever condiment type things, sealed in double ziptop bags of course! Between one trip and the next I left my shorts, because it was winter here and I wouldn't need them and didn't feel like bringing them back home then back to FL. An Igloo cooler backpack, aloe vera, hydrogen peroxide (again double sealed), other first aid stuff... other stuff, too. We don't maximize what we have in there, but others most definitely do. For us it's more about convenience. Because of DH's work travel we generally have status that allows us a couple free bags each, so for us it's not to cut down on cost, but it's to increase the ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter