Owner's Locker?

tmk0730

Mouseketeer
We have an Owner's Locker that we use for all of our DVC trips. We are wondering whether or not to get it for the cruise. It has tons of our stuff in it, that we could use, but are concerned of where to put the box. We have a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom. Thoughts? Does it fit in the closet? Thanks!!!

We have an Owner's Locker that we use for all of our DVC trips. We are wondering whether or not to get it for the cruise. It has tons of our stuff in it, that we could use, but are concerned of where to put the box. We have a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom. Thoughts? Does it fit in the closet? Thanks!!!

I have no idea how large your locker is, but I can mention a couple things. First, if it is anywhere near the size of a foot locker, like commonly used for going to a summer camp, it is too big.

Next, it would help those who do know about DVC lockers to know which cruise you will be taking. Ship is very important, but so is itinerary. Perhaps you would want to have it for a longer itinerary.

Finally, your best bet on all Disney cruises is to pack less. :thumbsup2 A lot less. Mostly, you don't need that, whatever "that" might be. You need your documents, swimsuit, hat, sunglasses, the clothes you are wearing, one change of clothes, and one nice outfit. And that's for a 12 night Med cruise! :rotfl:

Well, maybe a little more for a 12 night cruise. But that would be enough for a three night Bahamas. Less is more.

We are owners locker owners as well (typing that looks weird lol) I would say that there is definitely no room, unless you had a veranda and left it out there. We typically stay at one of the DVC properties prior and post our trip. If nothing else, if you are staying precruise have it delivered and take out the few items you will need and if you are staying post cruise, have it delivered again. With the limited space you wouldn't want all that extra stuff with you.. and the lugging it ugh!

We are owners locker owners as well (typing that looks weird lol) I would say that there is definitely no room, unless you had a veranda and left it out there. We typically stay at one of the DVC properties prior and post our trip. If nothing else, if you are staying precruise have it delivered and take out the few items you will need and if you are staying post cruise, have it delivered again. With the limited space you wouldn't want all that extra stuff with you.. and the lugging it ugh!

If at WDW you do not have to send your locker back to Owners Locker and then redelivered (which actually costs a fee too usually) if you are staying there pre and post cruise, just store it with Bell Services - they have a long term storage facility for exactly that sort of thing.

We come from the UK so obviously have lots of luggage as we visit for 2+ weeks, last cruise we just left our locker and a suitcase full of clothes we wouldn't need with them and it was waiting for us back at our next resort when we returned.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I love the idea of taking out what we need and storing it while on the cruise, but we are staying at the Hyatt pre-cruise and Disney post-cruise, so I don't see how that would work. I just hate to pack everything that is in the locker, but that is probably what I will do since I don't want to have to store the locker on the ship. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts! :thumbsup2

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I love the idea of taking out what we need and storing it while on the cruise, but we are staying at the Hyatt pre-cruise and Disney post-cruise, so I don't see how that would work. I just hate to pack everything that is in the locker, but that is probably what I will do since I don't want to have to store the locker on the ship. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts! :thumbsup2

Will you have a rental car? You could ask to store it there until you picked it up.

Honestly is take it. Especially if on one of the ships with underbed storage. Even if it was too tall to fit (and I don't think it would be) all the bags can go under and th locker can be an extra surface to use. We put our mesh laundry bags out in the room and that takes up more room than the locker.

If it has lots of stuff you could use why not take it? And it's not like dcl makes us haul things like that. Figure out a way to put a tag on it and have them do the heavy lifting.

Can I ask what types of things you need a locker for that you can't take in a suitcase? Just:confused3 curioius. (for the cruise I mean).

Call or email John and ask for his suggestion, I know people have taken them on board. But I would still ask John at owners locker.

Each individual cruiser is permitted to bring two suitcases, so I'm not sure if DCL would permit your locker onboard, unless you counted it as one of the suitcases. I'd call the Mouse and ask.

Can I ask what types of things you need a locker for that you can't take in a suitcase? Just:confused3 curioius. (for the cruise I mean).

If the OP is going to move things from the OL to the suitcase, it means they have ot have en empty suitcase. If they are going to do that, and then return the items to the OL, it means a second OL dropoff and pickup, which costs money unless they already have a higher plan.

It's not the stuff itself, it's the convenience of being able to leave stuff in Orlando waiting for you, and then leave it when you go home.

I've taken my Owner's Locker on board with me. I had it delivered to my WDW hotel prior to the cruise and we went back to another WDW hotel after the cruise.

First - you are not limited to two suitcases. That is misinformation. You are only sent two luggage tags but you can get more from the porters when you drop off your luggage.

Second - the OL can be given to the porters just like regular luggage.

Third - the OL can fit under the desk. That is where we put it. That was on the Magic. On the Dream/Fantasy I think it would fit in the closet also since those doors open out instead of sliding.

We always have the Oceanview rooms. The deluxe I think means that you are on the Dream/Fantasy. If you are not using the Murphy bed, you could put the OL in front of it. If you use that bed, you could put it in the tub at night.

I know that John will meet you at the airport if you need to return it at the end of the cruise.

Thanks for all the replies! Yes we are on the Fantasy. It is good to know that it will fit under the desk. Yes we could pack what is in the Owner's Locker, but that will be a whole other bag. Calling John to see what he thinks is another good idea. Thanks everyone!

We took our owners locker on the cruise with us last year. We were on the dream, which is mostly identical to the fantasy, and it fits under the bed. We had absolutely no problems with taking it on and getting it back when were done.

Some advice about your owners locker, and I'm not sure if you've already done this or thought of it: we like to keep our things in little bags in the owner's locker. That way all of our toiletries are in one bag and we just take that bag into the bathroom and leave it in there for the duration of the cruise. This way you don't have to keep pulling your owners locker in and out in and out every time you need it.

If you keep liquids in there, perhaps a plastic half-gallon of rum for example, you'll need to take it out of the owners locker and put it into your carry-on bag before you check in. They don't allow any large liquids like that to be brought in your checked bags because they can explode with the moving the bags and stuff like that.

So you might have to repack your owners locker the day before just to make sure you get the right stuff in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter