Owners Locker?

timandjanl

Mouseketeer
I just saw a reference to the owners locker service. I'm curious what you all use this for. Only thing I can think of so far is golf clubs. What am I missing?

We love Owner's Locker!

It is awesome! It's basically a large purple storage crate, which for a membership fee, gets delivered and picked up from your resort. You don't have to own a DVC to sign up but its all predicated on an assumption that whoever wants to rent a crate must travel to WDW with a fair amount of frequency.

Here's what we keep in it:
Travel Keurig coffee maker
Coffee pods for said Keurig
Wine stopper and good wine opener
Good cutting board and good paring knife for limes
1.5 L bottle vodka
1.5 L bottle regular rum
1.5 L bottle spiced rum
(we may also have some gin in there but I can't swear to that)
Mickey cribbage board+cards
Beach bag to take to the pool
DVC coffee mugs
Extra dishwasher pods
Extra laundry supplies
Spare (unused/still packaged) toothbrush
Spare cords for electronics
Various random travel sized toiletries (extra soaps, shampoos, etc that we collect and take with us to leave in the locker)
Also if our next trip is close we leave left over cans of diet coke, red bull, protein bars, etc in it.

In short we love the Owner's Locker - genius idea IMHOP!!!

And its a total gimmick but you get to name your locker - we can't wait to see the Storagemaster 3000 next month!

I just saw a reference to the owners locker service. I'm curious what you all use this for. Only thing I can think of so far is golf clubs. What am I missing?

We LOVE our Owners Lockers...yes, we have two. One for personal products (including a mini-keurig) and one is our 'office' because we normally work half days while at the World. No problems with that, it enables to go more and stay longer. :)
Here is our list of what is in our Owners Lockers...and, yes, unbelievably it all fits! :)
1 Box Wipe-on OFF Repellant
1 Can insect Spray
1 Can Yard Guard
1 tube SPF 15 Suntan Lotion
Bandaids
1 Bottle Ibuprofin
1 Moleskin
1 Bottle Antacids
1 Bottle Gas Relief Pills
1 Dental Floss
1 Small. Box Q-tips
2 disposable razors
1 small scissor

1 Tube Beyond Zone Hair Spike
1 Can Rave Hairspray
1 Small Can Root Boost
1 Degree Deodorant - replenish
1 Women's Deodorant
1 Curling Iron
1 Manicure Set
1 Tin Fashion Tape
1 Small Sewing Kit
1 Booklight
1 Flashlight

Keurig Mini
feather pillow
1 Paring Knife
1 Box gallon size ziplock bags
1 Box snack size plastic bags
1 Brita Faucet Filter
1 Brita Water Bottle
1 Corkscrew
1 Handheld Drink Mixer
1 pack coffee filters
1 small thermos
spoons & forks for studio
salt & pepper
2 Candles
Refill lMug
matches
2 wine carriers- Publix 4 pack
2 re-usable grocery bags
1 box dry soup mix (for occasional tummy upsets)

1 Travel Folder
1 Backpack
1 Hip pack
1 pair white flip flops
2 Disney tops (sharon)
1 black hoodie (sharon)

2 rain ponchos
2 umbrellas
1 mister fan

Several Packs Laundry Detergent
Dryer Sheets
1 Small bottle wrinkle release
1 Lint Roller
Several Dishwasher Detergents
Small Dishsoap

2 framed photos of kids/grandkids (love making our villa more homey)
7 magnetic photos (grandkids)
Binoculars
Router
scotch tape
sticky notes
strapping tape
2 AA Batteries
2 AAA Batteries
1 razor knife
1 pr. Pliers for brita filter
extension cord
2 phone chargers

Locker Number 2 - Office Locker:
2 Flat Screen Monitor's
2 Keyboards
Laser Printer
Copy paper
1 hub and 1 printer usb cable
wireless print server

We met a couple who has 3 or 4 lockers. They vacation at WDW several times per year and they keep all of their vacation belongings in them. They only travel with a small carry on bag.

:earsboy: Bill

I can see how convenient that would be to not have to lug things like toiletries back and forth. Might have to look into it, especially for the golf clubs. Those things are a pain to travel with but my husband insists on golfing during every visit. :-)

We love our owners locker and I have a list of about 120 different things we keep in it that we leave in FL for our trips. It really helps cut down on the packing time when getting ready to go. I know I don't need to pack a major bunch of toiletries or OTC meds or mini umbrellas or ponchos or backpacks or my Captain Morgan etc. I really miss it when we go someplace else where we don't have it and I have to pack absolutely EVERYTHING. And it DOES help us fly with carry-ons only or maybe with just 1 shared checked bag for all of us (depending on the time of year & length of the trip).

DH is the only golfer in our house and he does not have a spare set of golf clubs so he doesn't leave clubs. Well, that and he'd rather be in the parks while we're there anyway.:rotfl: But it's a great service and we love it. Our locker is STUFFED to the point that I have to sit on the lid while DH fastens it closed when we pack it up to leave. Highly recommend the service.

make a list of the items that you bring (or wish you could bring, but can't because of space/weigh limitations) on every WDW vacation. we didn't realize how much "stuff" we were lugging back & forth, as well as the "stuff" we were throwing/giving away each time.

we only go as two people (DH or DD, and myself), fly on SWA (so 2 suitcases each free), and our OL is filled to the top.
OL has helped make our WDW vacations much more pleasurable and stress-free (they also have outstanding customer service :thumbsup2)

We signed up about 5 months ago and will be using our Owner's Locker for the first time late next month. I have been filling a box with all types of things that I do not feel like carrying back and forth twice a year (especially large shampoo & conditioner and other assorted toiletries).

I do have a question though. I understand that we should stop at Bell Services to pick up our empty locker. When we are checking out, do we just call Bell Services to come and retrieve it (or do we need to take it down ourselves?) I am not so sure we'll be able to hand carry it lol..my box here is getting full!:lmao:

We signed up about 5 months ago and will be using our Owner's Locker for the first time late next month. I have been filling a box with all types of things that I do not feel like carrying back and forth twice a year (especially large shampoo & conditioner and other assorted toiletries).

I do have a question though. I understand that we should stop at Bell Services to pick up our empty locker. When we are checking out, do we just call Bell Services to come and retrieve it (or do we need to take it down ourselves?) I am not so sure we'll be able to hand carry it lol..my box here is getting full!:lmao:

Just have Bell Services do the lifting. When you check out, flip the sign on the locker to checked out, apply the security ties/locks and have Bell Services pick it up from your room with the rest of your luggage.

We love their great service and their website.

I think it depends on where you are staying and if you have a car or not. When we stay in a hotel-type resort with a lobby like at BWV or AKV we usually call Bell Services for a cart to bring all of our stuff down. On our last trip we were at SSR which doesn't really provide bell service carts unless you ask and of course it takes longer since it's so spread out so we picked up our OL from Bell Services when we checked in and put it in our car and drove it to our villa & DH carried it up (it weighs about 45 Lbs). Then when we left we lugged it down & drove it back up there & dropped it off on our way out. Now if we didn't have a car on that trip we would have had to have them bring it & pick it up because the lobby was just too far. Normally we DON'T have a car so this was just an odd trip that we had to drive down. If we didn't have the car we would've called for assistance. We always tip for it just like any other bags.

My DW and I love love our owners lockers we have 3 and we do travel with just carry on. Just owning them has introduced us to new friends,Tuesday evenings when we are at WDW ,
off to Epcot for wine and talk with John and friends.
Thank you John for great service and a great product

You don't need to have a locker to store your clubs - here is a link to the Golf Club Storage - however I would recommend getting a locker as well ;)

We have several :rolleyes1 and I dread going any where else as I have to pack. They have changed the way we stay and I don't know what I would do without them! :goodvibes

Bell services will deliver and collect the lockers - just give them a call or stop at the desk when checking in. The DVC resorts are all used to them :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tips everyone. I am definitely going to have to look into this, especially for the golf clubs. Once you pay a baggage fee roundtrip you've almost hit the cost of the annual membership. I think I'd gladly pay a little extra for the convenience of not lugging them back and forth. I've got enough to carry with the two kiddos! Speaking of that, does anyone leave a stroller in their locker? Would one fit?

Just have Bell Services do the lifting. When you check out, flip the sign on the locker to checked out, apply the security ties/locks and have Bell Services pick it up from your room with the rest of your luggage.

We love their great service and their website.

Thank you!

Owner's Locker seems to be a really great service, but the storage containers seemed small to me for the use we personally needed. We calculated we would have needed at least 2 OLs. Rather than paying for two OL a year plus the unlimited trips/delivery service, we rented a climate controlled storage unit in Orlando which we share with two other DVC owners my DH works with. We all each rent a car when we are down at WDW, so it made better sense for us. Our storage unit is literally 2 minutes out of the way on the drive from MCO to WDW.

Now I have a 50 gallon wheeled storage container full of our WDW stuff plus we have community things we share amongst the three families since we're never there at WDW the same timeframe. All carry-ons when we fly down to FL now, no more big luggage. Like I said earlier, I am sure OL is a great service, but there are also alternatives for those who OL does not work for as well. We recently switched from one storage company to an even cheaper and closer one over the summer and got our cost down to $70/family per year. (I will say getting a climate controlled unit is a must in FL through!)

We love our OL! We have had it for about 2 years and store tons of stuff -- ponchos, curling iron, shampoo, Brita pitcher and filters, nite-lites, tool kit, chip clips, suction cup hooks for the bathroom, cutting board, knives, foot powder, gold coffee filter, acrylic stemless wine glasses, extra batteries, collapsable cooler, tin foil, ziplock bags, goggles, laundry bag, and a number of other things. Of course, we still take the same number of suitcases and they are still as heavy, but at least we don't have to try to remember to take all that stuff every time.

If I had to think of one negative thing about the OL it is a split stay. There is nothing worse than having to re-pack your OL than having to re-pack it twice! Other than that, it is one WDW necessity that I don't mind paying for.

does anyone leave a stroller in their locker? Would one fit?
i'm not that knowledgeable about strollers, but i can't imagine one that would fold up to 22" x 20" - the dimensions of a locker (13" deep).

OL does rent strollers also (side note: we had major problems with an ECV rental company in WDW. after that fiasco, we will only rent and recommend the best - and OL is the best at all they do:thumbsup2)

Rebelsoul,
Could you please tell me the name of the storage company you are using?

Thanks,

Ken

We had a double stroller breakdown our first day of the family trip...OL came through with flying colors and delivered a perfect double stroller with rain fly included within three hours of calling. Great cost, great stroller and wonderful service, we now have an OL. For our own too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter