• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Owen's Make A Wish Come True

Wonderful trip report! Looks like you had an amazing time! We can't wait for our Wish trip in 44 days!

Just stopping by to say hi! Hope that all of you are doing well! I met one of Owen's friends in the Village the other day. Sorry, I don't remember her name though. I asked them to tell all of you hi for me!

Loved your trip! How wonderful and magical and memorable. Your kiddos are beautiful and their personalities just shine. Thanks for sharing!:hug:

Just stopping by to say hi! Hope that all of you are doing well! I met one of Owen's friends in the Village the other day. Sorry, I don't remember her name though. I asked them to tell all of you hi for me!

Hey!! You probably met Grace!! Cute little gal with dark brown curls?! She just had a major open heart surgery and is in ICU at Stanford. Prayers for her! :)

We also have some friends coming in this next week. Max is their Wish Child.. same age as Owen... cute mohawk. Mom is super pretty blonde lady.. big Sis and baby bro Hudson. Cute family and so so sweet. You'll have to find them. :)

On the 26th, our other friends fly in. Wish Kid Alexandra. Also Owen's age.. little Sis is Aria. Super fun family as well!! :)

Oh.. and another family from PHX is coming in eight days. So back to back wish trippers. All cardiac kids from PHX. I'll tell them to look for the wizard!
:wizard:

Hey everyone!! It seems like forever since I updated, but I have been around. It's only been two month since our trip and it still feels like yesterday. Owen asked the other day when we are going back to Disneyworld?! Ha.

Thankfully we have a trip to Stanford planned for his cardiac cath next month and it just happens to fall during Spring Break. So we were lucky enough to plan a trip to San Diego on the way up and back through Oceanside on the way home. Lots of beach time and we have lots of family traveling to California the same week. It's going to be AMAZING, but not Disney. :)

We are planning a huge family trip to DisneyLAND this coming fall/winter. We are so stoked to see the new Cars Land that is set to open in the summer.

My kids got a HUGE surprise last week when we checked the mail and found MICKEY MAIL!!! They were both in shock and SO excited!!!

The package came from disname:abhoehn123.. aka Amy. We were thrilled to find a Disney Scrapbook!!!! LOVE IT!! Now I have no excuse not to print all our trip photos and get them scrapbooked. Check out how amazing this scrapbook is...
IMG_7678.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7682.jpg

IMG_7683.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

We are SO in love with this gift! Thank you so much Amy!!! :) We appreciate it very much. I'll take some photos of the kiddos and the scrapbook when we get the pictures in it.. hopefully this week!!

I just found your TR and read through it this morning, I have loved every minute of it!! It made me smile and tear up, what a sweet family you have!! It looks like you all had so much fun!

LOVED the SCRAPBOOK! Reminded me I have one to post...:rolleyes1

Praying for you as Owen has the cath, glad you get to have some fun too!

Just read your trip report. Looks like you all had a fab time. I love the pic where Pluto is eating Owen :lmao:

Hey!! You probably met Grace!! Cute little gal with dark brown curls?! She just had a major open heart surgery and is in ICU at Stanford. Prayers for her! :)

We also have some friends coming in this next week. Max is their Wish Child.. same age as Owen... cute mohawk. Mom is super pretty blonde lady.. big Sis and baby bro Hudson. Cute family and so so sweet. You'll have to find them. :)

On the 26th, our other friends fly in. Wish Kid Alexandra. Also Owen's age.. little Sis is Aria. Super fun family as well!! :)

Oh.. and another family from PHX is coming in eight days. So back to back wish trippers. All cardiac kids from PHX. I'll tell them to look for the wizard!
:wizard:

Sorry that it took me so long to reply back. But I totally think that it was Grace! I will pray for her and hope that she recovers quickly! I did meet Max!! He was awesome! Hope that all is well!

I just wanted to come by and check in! Owen has a cardiac catherization coming up on the 13th of March. We will be traveling to Stanford in Palo Alto for his surgery and taking a little side trip up the coast of CA. This cath will determine if he qualifies for the Fontan, the next stage of heart surgeries for his single Ventricle. He has never qualified for this procedure, and it would be so great if he did. Prayers for Owen as he is getting older and understands all too well what is upcoming. Thanks.. I will keep ya'll posted!!

I just wanted to come by and check in! Owen has a cardiac catherization coming up on the 13th of March. We will be traveling to Stanford in Palo Alto for his surgery and taking a little side trip up the coast of CA. This cath will determine if he qualifies for the Fontan, the next stage of heart surgeries for his single Ventricle. He has never qualified for this procedure, and it would be so great if he did. Prayers for Owen as he is getting older and understands all too well what is upcoming. Thanks.. I will keep ya'll posted!!

I will keep Owen in my thoughts and prayers as well as all of you!

I pray all goes well for Owen. I know now that Jayden is older it's much more stressful for him when he has procedures done.
Please come by and let us know how it all goes ! :goodvibes

Praying for you all. I actually was thinking about Owen yesterday and hopped over here before you posted!

I thought about Owen today as well. Kinda funny though, it was right as the NASCAR race coverage started. I forgot that the race was in Phoenix. Hope that everyone is doing well!

Hey there,

I found your PTR in another thread and read it and your TR the majority of the day today. You have a fantastic family and I loved EVERY MINUTE of your updates!! My son is a heart kiddo as well. He's 3 and has TGA/VSD.

His "heart brother" is Owen Blutrich. He and his family moved out to PHX a couple of years ago. I emailed Vanessa today to see if you guys knew one another and she said yes! Small world- well, not really, when you get CHDs involved.. They somehow make a small world even smaller.

I will be praying for your sweet Owen. He is such a handsome little boy! I hope my Ethan has as much fun on his wish trip (in November) as Owen did! You guys truly made the most out of EVERYTHING!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I resurrected this thread.

If you get a chance, please stop by and let us know how Owen is doing.

Thanks!

Amy

Hello. I'm so excited to read Nathan's PTR! Yes.. Owen and Owen are buddies and Vanessa and I are good friends. Such a small world in the heart community.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter