• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Owen's Make A Wish Come True

:surfweb: All caught up. Love seeing all the great photos.

We loved POFQ too when we stayed there in 2009. It is such a quaint hotel and we loved coming back to relax after a busy day in the parks.

what a beautiful family you have. i just read your report and love it. it seems like you had a wonderful time, looking forward to more updates

THANK YOU so much for sharing your jourey with us. Our wish starts Feb. 3rd,2012. I wish we could extend it for a week. Cassie's wish is being provided by THE CHILDRENS WISH FOUNDATION here in Canada but because of insurance reasons we cannot extend our stay. Take care and best wishes for your family.

Happy New Year!!

So are you coming back to finish soon?

Hey guys.. Christmas is over and it's time for a new year!! I have my Trip Report typed up, pictures uploaded and I will get it all copied/pasted tomorrow!! Days 9-11 are on their way! I am sad our trip is over, but am already planning DISNEY 2012!!

We have a trip to Stanford for Owen's cardiac cath in Feb and then I'll start working on Disneyland for December. They are opening the news Cars Land at Cali Adventure and my kids are so excited to check that out. Goofy's sky school is open as well we Little Mermaid ride. All new stuff for my kids at DL.

I hope you all are having a great start to 2012!!

I just came back from Disneyland at Thanksgiving and my daughter loved the Goofy school roller coaster. Had lots of fun there and are planning to go back for my daughters "13th" birthday in January of 2014.
Good luck next month at the cardiologist.

Your family is just ADORABLE!!! Such a fabulous trip and great memories for all. Owen is an adorable kid - love the character photos!!!

Can't wait to see other updates!

Have a great day!

Our last full day at Disney was spent at Disney's Hollywood Studio! Again, we slept in and enjoyed our morning by the River. It was quiet and relaxing. We didn't make it to the park until around 1:00 to make our 1:30 reservations at Hollywood and Vine.
IMG_7261.jpg

Since we don't have Disney channel at home, my kids had no idea who the characters were. I'm glad we had 9 days of Disney at GKTW and POFQ so they recognized these characters faces. Here is Oso the Bear!
IMG_7262.jpg

We watched a few episodes of Jake and the Neverland Pirates that morning, so Owen was excited to see Jake. Kamryn was just a bit embarrassed. :)
IMG_7263.jpg

Owen thought he was a cool pirate and loved seeing him.
IMG_7264.jpg

Owen used to watch Little Einsteins so he knew June. Hollywood and Vine was loud and fun.. we really enjoyed it!
IMG_7267.jpg

Here's Handy Manny.. or Bob the Builder.. as Owen called him. Ha! Manny got a kick out of that!
IMG_7269.jpg

Our first ride of the day was Star Tours!! Owen loves Star Wars and Darth Vader, so he was really excited!! While in line waiting to board the ride, I asked the cast member if she knew of a Darth Vader meet and greet. She said "he doesn't do greets, autographs, or photographs.. only the Jedi training show." Owen was too little to sign up for Jedi Training, so we thought we'd just catch a show later.

As we exited the fabulous ride, there were several members of management at the exit. They had us come outside and said they couldn't promise anything, but to come back to the Jedi Training in a couple hours. They were going to see what they could arrange.

We went back to the gift shop because Owen saw the "build your own light saber" station.
IMG_7272.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

We decided to head to Muppets 3D next. My kids have wanted to see the new Muppet movie, but we haven't had a chance. They were excited to watch this one.
IMG_7276.jpg

Here's my pretty girl posing in front of the Miss Piggy fountain after the show.
IMG_7279.jpg

Look who we found around the corner from Miss Piggy...
Photo0202FourBySix.jpg

We went to find Mike and Sully, but they were at lunch. We went back towards towards the Star Wars area and the kids so kindly posed for me.
IMG_7280.jpg

Jedi Training was so cute!! There were so many little guys swinging their light sabers.. the Jedi trainer had to say "Darth is not a pinata." Owen was jaw dropped in awe of the show. Before the show ended, management came over to grab us. They led us through the back entrance of Star Tours and told us to wait there.
IMG_7281.jpg

A few minutes later, the storm troopers and Darth Vader rounded the corner. Owen was startstruck!! I almost set off the waterworks when Darth Vader handed Owen a red light saber that was personally autographed!! He was SO thrilled!! I am so thankful for the amazing management team that made this happen for Owen. He was just so excited and it made him so happy!!
IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

The Storm Troopers guided us back for another ride on Star Tours.. seriously.. such a great character interaction!!

It was hard to top that experience, but we went to find Mike and Sully again! Both my kids love Monsters Inc.. who doesn't? Kamryn had a Baby Boo doll when she was little and I wish I would have kept it.
IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

We were going to ride the backlot tour, but realized there was a ton of fire and figured oxygen was not a good idea. So we headed over to Toy Story Mania. I made Kamryn and Carson stand in front of the Coke first.
IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7291.jpg

We found Buzz and Woody in Andy's room.
IMG_7294.jpg

Then made our way to another of our favorite rides.. Toy Story Mania!!
IMG_7296.jpg

We were waiting in a 15 minute line, the longest so far, and we were bored. Ha.
IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7303.jpg

IMG_7304.jpg

After the MANIA, we headed to the Animation center and found some Incredibles!! Another one of my kids' favorite movies. I still think they should make a sequel.
IMG_7312.jpg

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

I have no idea why my kids were giggling so much. :)

Kamryn got picked to go into the Art of Animation class where a real Disney Animator teaches the class to draw an Animation of choice. The classes were packed and Kamryn was SO so excited to be a part of this!! They drew Pluto, and I may be biased, but hers is FANTASTIC!!!
IMG_7327.jpg

We found Daddy and Owen taking pictures with Sorcerer Mickey and Winnie the Pooh.
Photo0236FourBySix.jpg

Photo0242FourBySix.jpg

Photo0253FourBySix.jpg

When we finally left, with some Animation souvenirs for Kamryn, we were met with rain! Kamryn and Daddy went to ride Aerosmith's roller coaster, while Owen and I played with drumsticks. We met up just in time to ride the last ride of the trip.. Tower of Terror. That was until the Cast Member refused to let Owen on because it is a "very dangerous ride". That was his reason. He said it was "the most dangerous ride at Disney!" We argued momentarily, almost requested management, then realized we were too exhausted.

We missed Osbourne lights because our feet hurt and we were really ready to get dry and rest. I still had an evening of packing to do as our trip was ending.

This morning was an early one as we had to be checked out of our hotel and on the road by 7:30. We took a few last minute shots by the river and loaded up the van.
IMG_7328-1.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

We had 8am reservations at Chef Mickeys for a character breakfast and to say Goodbye to Mickey.
IMG_7334.jpg

The food was really yummy and we saw Goofy.
IMG_7335.jpg

Then Mickey.
IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

Minnie Mouse too.
IMG_7344.jpg

Donald was there.
IMG_7352.jpg

And Pluto swallowed Owen up!
IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

We had a fantastic time and the experience was the perfect way to end our trip! My Chef Mickey shirt ripped when I put it on in the morning.. bummer. :(
IMG_7361.jpg

We arrived at the airport in plenty of time to make our long trip home.
IMG_7362.jpg

When we arrived at Sky Harbor, Owen's Make A Wish granter was waiting for him with a 'Welcome Back' balloon! We waited for Daddy to get all our luggage and we headed out to the curb.
IMG_7366.jpg

We found our driver and the amazing Make A Wish limo waiting for us!!
IMG_7369.jpg

Owen said "this was the best Make A Wish trip ever!!"
IMG_7370.jpg

Kamryn thought it was pretty amazing too!!
IMG_7373.jpg

We are so thankful for this amazing experience through Make A Wish! Owen has been through so much since birth and he will never be cured. His heart condition is severe and we live each day aware of how fragile his body is. We are so grateful to have this opportunity to create life long memories with our little guy and to forget about real life for an incredible 10 days!!

We are so blessed.

Okay, I am a bit confused, ToT a really dangerous ride? Unless it has something to do with his oxygen I don't get it at all. Not a great way to end the day but wow did your day sound awesome! I love what Disney did for Owen at Jedi Training! How awesome for him!

Love all the pictures. I think MI is my favorite and the drawing of Pluto is PERFECT! Wow! I can't believe how really perfect it is!

Fantastic trip report! Glad that you guys had an awesome Wish Trip. I enjoyed meeting you and your family and hanging out with you for a little bit.

Loved the picture of Owen with Pooh and also with Pluto!!! Glad you had a great trip!:thumbsup2

What a fantastic report !! I love all the pics. I love the one where it looks like Pluto is swallowing up Owen and I love that he got to meet Darth Vader !!
I'm so glad that your family was able to go on this best trip ever and seeing Owens smiling face is just amazing !

May your family stay blessed and I pray that Owen gets bigger and stronger and that some day they will find new and better ways to help out our heart kids. :goodvibes

loved reading about your trip, it seems like you all had a wonderful time. thanks for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter