Overwhelmed... Restaurant Suggestions, PLEASE!

alisahh

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to book a few dinners and am overwhelmed by all the choices!

The only one we've decided for sure is Biergarten.

What other restaurants would you suggest for a big group (6 adults, 5 kids (6yo-1yo)).
We like to try new and different foods, but don't want anything too fancy with the kids coming along!

So what are some of your must eat places?

Thanks!

What other restaurants would you suggest for a big group (6 adults, 5 kids (6yo-1yo)). We like to try new and different foods, but don't want anything too fancy with the kids coming along!

Thanks!
EPCOT:
CS: Sunshine Seasons - lot of choices, even for the kids, good food
TS: Akershus - princess buffett

Magic Kingdom:
CS: Cosmic Ray's - once again, lots of variety, good food
TS: Crystal Palace breakfast buffet (Pooh and friends)

Hollywood Studios:
TS: Sci Fi
CS: Backlot

Animal Kingdom:
TS: Tusker House lunch or breakfast buffett (Fab 5 characters)
CS: Flame Tree BBQ

Ankershus has a cold buffet to supplement the food brought to your table but it is not a buffet.

At and near MK, we like: 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) breakfast, 'Ohana breakfast, Crystal Palace all meals, Cinderella's Royal Table all meals, Liberty Tree Tavern lunch and dinner, Captain Cooks, Contempo Cafe, Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio's Village Haus.

At and near Epcot, we like: Garden Grill dinner, Via Napoli lunch and dinner, Le Cellier lunch and dinner, Cape May Cafe breakfast, Captain's Grille breakfast, and Liberty Inn.

At DHS, we like: 50s Primetime and Sci Fi.

At AK, we really only like Yak and Yeti, but I have heard wonderful things about Flame Tree BBQ so I'm hoping to try it next time.

What other restaurants would you suggest for a big group (6 adults, 5 kids (6yo-1yo)). We like to try new and different foods, but don't want anything too fancy with the kids coming along!

Thanks!

We are trying Biergarten, too, for the first time, in just a couple of weeks. I am so excited to try it!

I suggest Sanaa for lunch or early dinner. Ask for a table next to the window. The animals are so close that you feel like they are dining with you! Plus, they have a great children's menu that really offered some special things for my little girl. We loved it. The food was outstanding and so was the service.

I am interested in Kouzzina and plan to try it for the first time this trip. You may want to check out the menu. It looks adventurous to me. We are doing breakfast, and it looks yummy!

We love Coral Reef and dining by the 5.7 million gallon salt water tank. The giant sea turtle never fails to come right over to our table. I love that!

Boma has a great breakfast buffet. We always enjoy that. I have heard that dinner is good, but that a lot of the dishes have a cinnamon flavor. We've avoided it at dinner for that reason. But I bet I would like it, because I love all of their dishes at breakfast. Even the unusual ones are delicious!

We like Wolfgang Puck's Cafe at Downtown Disney, too. The food is really good. The sushi is outstanding, too! Every meal there has been excellent.

We like lunch with Remy at Chefs de France. Have you seen the pictures of him? I'll try to post some! My eight year old really likes him. His show tickles her everytime. He's only there 6 days per week, so check the schedule if you want to see him.

DisneyWorld2011217.jpg

DisneyWorld2011216.jpg

DisneyWorld2011215.jpg

Scifi diner
Whispering Canyon
Kids to Neverland Club and parents to Ohana (dinner)
Liberty Tree

I think you need to decide what style of dining you want and where you will be on that day so you can minimize your traveling.

If you know you will be in MK on a certain day, check the reservations to see what is available during the time you want. Then check the menu's and see what appeals to you. We wanted a few restaurants but then checked the menu's and there was nothing that any of us liked, so we looked at different ones.

Also, you can look at the resorts near the parks you will be. HS and Epcot are close and actually have a walking path or boat, so it's fairly easy to go between the two if you have park hoppers. Or, you can stop in between at the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Clubs. At MK, we like to take the monorail to the Poly or Contemp. for dinner.

Last year, we had good luck with:

The Wave @ The Contemporary (best meal of the trip)
Whispering Canyon @ WL

This trip, we have these scheduled:
Kona Cafe @ Polyn.
San Angel Inn @ EP
Portobella @ DTD
Sanna @ AK
Tokyo Dining @ Epcot
Boatwright's Dining Hall @ POR

My kids were 3,4 and 6 on our last trip.. Here are a few of our kid-friendly favorites: Breakfast
Crystal Palace (MK), Chef Mickey's (CR) & Cinderella's Royal Table (MK)
Dinner: Chef Mickey's (CR) & 50's Prime Time (HS)

just about everywhere at WDW is child friendly. If you want characters then choose by your favourite character as food is very subjective and what one person loves another will hate.

Most of the buffets (even non-character) are a good bet as there is a great selection of adult and kids food and you can eat off both parts of the buffet. So for example when dd was 5 she loved roast meat and fruit but not most 'fancy' adult foods. Places like Boma, Biergarten etc. cater for the kids so she could have fries with the adult meat and fruit then cookies or brownies for dessert.

Once you have a shortlist you will find fellow dis-ers only too happy to advise.

Happy choosing :goodvibes:

Hi, we are going November with our 2 DD's. We've booked lots in Epcot as we wanted a good mix of different cuisines:

DINNER - Tokyo Dining/Akershus/San Angel/Marrakesh/Tutto Italia/Chefs de France/Biergarten/Teppan Edo/Boma/California Grill/O'hana's/Narcoossee's
BREAKFAST - Crystal Palace
LUNCH - Yak & Yeti/Hollywood Brown Derby F! Package

Where we live, we don't have many different cuisines (apart from Italian!) so lot of new experiences for us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter