• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Overweight ?

spartankid34

DIS Veteran
Alright my DIS friends...planning some trips to Disney World, but also throwing in a SeaWorld trips as well. I know that this is the Disney tips thread, but I was hoping to get some more help here since my post on the SeaWorld thread has not been answered yet!

I have had plenty of experience with Disney rides being overweight, but I was hoping to gather some information for my future trip to Seaworld!! I am overweight, and working on it...8 months ago I wouldn't even be thinking about trying to fit into the rides at Seaworld, but I've lost 70lbs!!!!!! I am still overweight though and would love some insight into the ride seats at Seaworld for the "big kid" rides.

I am a 23yo female - 275lbs (yeah, I know...I still need to lose) Waist (by belly) is approx 47" and hips at 57" (I think these will be the problem)

ANY HELP!!??! TIA

Of the big ride, Manta is probably the most confining. Kraken has "big boy" seats that allow people with a larger belly or chest ride but doesn't help with hips. If you've been to IOA the seats are similar to Hulk, or DD. Journey to Atlantis and Wild Arctic, shouldn't be a problem. I'm 6'4" about 290lbs, 45" waist and was able to ride everything. I don't think the belly will be a problem but like you said, the hips might.

First - congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!

Second -- I have been on one ride at Sea World that I could not fit. However, it was not the waist/hip size. it was more my chest/waist size. I don't remember the name, but the closing bar came down from the top. (it was a ride where your feet would dangle below you.) The closing bar did not lock in because my chest size.

I do remember there was a seat example out in front of the ride -- which would have helped if I did that first. It would have helped to prevent the embarrassment of being told that I could not ride once they realized the bar would not click in place.

Alright my DIS friends...planning some trips to Disney World, but also throwing in a SeaWorld trips as well. I know that this is the Disney tips thread, but I was hoping to get some more help here since my post on the SeaWorld thread has not been answered yet!

I have had plenty of experience with Disney rides being overweight, but I was hoping to gather some information for my future trip to Seaworld!! I am overweight, and working on it...8 months ago I wouldn't even be thinking about trying to fit into the rides at Seaworld, but I've lost 70lbs!!!!!! I am still overweight though and would love some insight into the ride seats at Seaworld for the "big kid" rides.

I am a 23yo female - 275lbs (yeah, I know...I still need to lose) Waist (by belly) is approx 47" and hips at 57" (I think these will be the problem)

ANY HELP!!??! TIA

Just wanted to say congratulations on the 70 lb weight loss!!!!! 70 lbs is a lot of weight and I know how hard it is to lose anything. I hope you very proud of yourself! Good job !!!

No advice - but congratulations on losing 70 pounds!

Thank you so much, it's been a journey..hope it pays off and I can ride a few things haha!

Of the big ride, Manta is probably the most confining. Kraken has "big boy" seats that allow people with a larger belly or chest ride but doesn't help with hips. If you've been to IOA the seats are similar to Hulk, or DD. Journey to Atlantis and Wild Arctic, shouldn't be a problem. I'm 6'4" about 290lbs, 45" waist and was able to ride everything. I don't think the belly will be a problem but like you said, the hips might.

We'll see, thank you for the first had account!! I will be looking for the test seats, and will definitely try if I can :thumbsup2

First - congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!

Second -- I have been on one ride at Sea World that I could not fit. However, it was not the waist/hip size. it was more my chest/waist size. I don't remember the name, but the closing bar came down from the top. (it was a ride where your feet would dangle below you.) The closing bar did not lock in because my chest size.

I do remember there was a seat example out in front of the ride -- which would have helped if I did that first. It would have helped to prevent the embarrassment of being told that I could not ride once they realized the bar would not click in place.

That embarrassment is the worst, I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully I can test the seats out and give it a try at least!

Just wanted to say congratulations on the 70 lb weight loss!!!!! 70 lbs is a lot of weight and I know how hard it is to lose anything. I hope you very proud of yourself! Good job !!!

Thank you so much!! A very difficult journey, but a rewarding one so far :cloud9:

I just wanted to chime in and say: Congratulations on the weight loss! That is a fantastic number :).

Disney is very pooh sized friendly. i was 363 the one year i was down there and i was able to ride everyhting i wanted. go have fun dont worry about being a little pooh sized. noone will even notice.

I just wanted to chime in and say: Congratulations on the weight loss! That is a fantastic number :).

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

Disney is very pooh sized friendly. i was 363 the one year i was down there and i was able to ride everyhting i wanted. go have fun dont worry about being a little pooh sized. noone will even notice.

Disney is by far the most pooh friendly place I've been! I don't go to six flags anymore, just a horrible experience there. :confused3 Hopefully I can fit on some of the rides at SeaWorld though!

I'm sorry, I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say good job on the weight loss! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter