Overrated snack items

kaze1sd

If you see my Alien Green paint chip tags, say hi!
Just got back from my 1st WDW trip. We happenned to go during the free dining plan and followed many of tips for snacks. I gotta say that although they were enjoyable (putting on flame retardant suit), the Dole Whip float from Aloha Aisle and french toast loaf from MK's MS Bakery were overrated.

They were very good just not up to the legendary status I've seen in some posts here.

Just my humble opinion.

It's kind-of like meeting a celebrity in person. "Gosh, you're not as tall as on television."

Seriously, we do tend to blow things out of proportion here. :)

bicker said:
It's kind-of like meeting a celebrity in person. "Gosh, you're not as tall as on television."

Seriously, we do tend to blow things out of proportion here. :)

:thumbsup2 Oh yeah! I totally agree. Did you ever taste the lobster-burgers on Castaway Cay?? :lmao:

I agree about the Dole Whip. When I finally tried one it was like... eh, not so special.

I liked the french toast loaf, but probably wouldn't get it again. I really didn't care for the dole whip at all either.

I also thought the Dole Whip was just so-so. I'd get one again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one, KWIM?

Dole Whip--been there, had it, and probably will never get again.

The toast is another story--will get again in November :thumbsup2

Dole Whips...totally overated! There are WAY yummier snacks. Remember the Beaver Tails? I also agree that WDW food in general is a little overrated. It's like your living a dream. Taking it all in. In a state of happy heart while munching on what could be a 7-11 cheese danish and it's gonna taste good cause your with Mickey! I think in a lot of instances, the food gets a rating based on your mood, feeling or atmosphere. A few years ago when we did Cindy's Breakfast, I thought it was the absolute BEST breakfast imaginable. I hardly ate a thing. My mind and heart were way too engaged to concentrate on food but oh was that a good breakfast!!!

Just like restaurants and other foods, snacks are also very subjective.

We LOVE Dole Whips. But then, pineapples are my family's favorite fruit!

Dole Whips are probably tied with Mickey Bars as our favorite snack. But then, I remember when Mickey Bars were made with or by Dove Chocolate, and they were OUTSTANDING!!

churros = overrated

my son raves about them. can't wait to get back and get another one. beaver tails (or what we used to call elephant ears when we bought them at the fairs here in PA) are much better if you are looking for a fried dough/cinnamon experience IMHO.

dole whip - different, interesting, no unpleasant, but would i pass over a mickey head bar to have one....heck no.

now i do have to say that for the first time this year we tried a frozen lemonaid....darn tasty. enought to make my eyes roll back in my head, not so much, but it cut thru the August heat pretty good. will certainly partake again on a future visit during the summer heat.

i have to note that we are snack splitters too. we get one thing and all 4 of us snacks on it. Most of the snacks there can replace a meal if you are eating it all by yourself. with the glaring exception of a mickey head bar. back off and don't mooch on my mickey head. mommy no share.

Definitely Dole Whips. Glorified pineapple sherbert. I've never seen anything special about them.

The Turkey legs. Ham on a stick. Yuck.

Churros. They taste just like the cinnamon crisps from Taco Bell.

I don't understand why people get so hyper about foods that most of us can get at home. Our local custard shop sells "pineapple whip" custard. I'd take that any day over what I can get at the MK.

I also don't understand why people get so darned upset over the loss of the pineapple and caramel at Ohana. Our first trip to Ohana was after the change. I love the food. Dh and I buy fresh pineapple and a tub of caramel....easy to do. Again..something one can do at home.

I agree, Dole Whip--eh, just ok. Not horrible just kinda there.
Same with the Turkey Legs. Also the Rice Cream in Norway.

Dole Whips, no big deal. I love pineapple, and I had the Dole Whip float. I really wasn't impressed. We went to St. Augustine on our last trip and I had some pineapple gelato at a restaurant there, and that was fabulous!

Mickey Bars are good, but I can have a Klondike bar any time--just as tasty. Of course, I'm not eating it in WDW.

School bread is awesome, though. :)

I agree. Waited in line forever fora a Dole Whip and it wasn't worth it. It was ok, just not worth the wait. But everyone is different.

Rice Cream was yuck. I was shocked when I tasted it after all of the hoopla here on the boards.

IMHO,
I don't think you guys are getting it. :confused3
The big soft pretzels in WDW are MY personal favorite. Can I get big pretzels at home or at a fair? Sure....I can even make them in my oven if I want to, BUT.....they taste 100% better while sitting in the MK with my sons watching them eat their Mickey bars and Dole Whips with their MK Barbershop haircuts.

I can remember every big pretzel I've eaten in WDW and with whom. My sons can get their hair cut anywhere, but the MK ones are special. :goodvibes

While driving to work the other morning, thinking about our upcoming trip, I realized I am as excited and have as much anticipation of WDW as I used to have about Christmas morning as a child. An almost uncontainable joy. Not many things can make me feel like a kid again. Thanks WDW. Can't wait for my next big pretzel. :Pinkbounc

Dole Whip was so-so...Dole Whip float was excellent! That pineapple juice made all the difference for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter