Overpriced balloons?

Chabby

Mouseketeer
Hi:
I've read here over and over about the "overpriced balloons" at the parks, but I don't really know how much they cost. Could someone tell me? Could I take them with me on rides? (to keep my DS2 entertained while waiting in line)

Thanks!

Hi:
I've read here over and over about the "overpriced balloons" at the parks, but I don't really know how much they cost. Could someone tell me? Could I take them with me on rides? (to keep my DS2 entertained while waiting in line)

Thanks!

They are overpriced...cant help you with the price, but I remember reading once how much they are and it was crazy. I hate balloons so we never buy them. I dont think it would be a good in line thing to have. You wont want to have to deal with that thing on the rides and they are pretty big. They seem like a pain to me to deal with even on the strollers, busses, etc. People buy them, but they arent for us. I would rather have a small toy instead that my child could play with in line and throw in my bag when it was time to board :goodvibes

They are overpriced...cant help you with the price, but I remember reading once how much they are and it was crazy. I hate balloons so we never buy them. I dont think it would be a good in line thing to have. You wont want to have to deal with that thing on the rides and they are pretty big. They seem like a pain to me to deal with even on the strollers, busses, etc. People buy them, but they arent for us. I would rather have a small toy instead that my child could play with in line and throw in my bag when it was time to board :goodvibes

Thanks!

I heard this too. A friend said she went in August and she said they were $20 each!!!! CRAZY!!! And she had 2 kids so she paid $40. I live balloons but don't think I'm going to spend that much money on that.

I read in the other thread that the light up ones are $20 and the big Mickey/Minnie mylar ones are $10. For what it's worth, my mom bought my son one of the Mickey head ones and he beat the crap out of it in his room for about 7 months before it finally died. We definitely got our $10 out of that thing.

The mylar ones are $10! :eek:

I bought one in February because I'd promised DS he could have one. I actually gasped and almost said forget it, but the CM had already put the little weight on it for us and I didn't want to look like a cheapskate. :goodvibes

On the plus side, the helium lasts a long time. Mickey/Minnie was still floating around our house for a good 6 weeks after our trip.

$10 is not bad! Especially if the helium lasts for weeks. I read overpriced and I thought $30
In Panama a balloon runs for $5 to $7 and it stops floating by the next morning :confused3 So $10 inside the park or even $20 for the light up I think is doable ;)
Maybe not for rides, I think you guys are right on that part :thumbsup2

And if your balloon deflates during your stay supposedly they replace it with a new one for free!

Once the mylar balloon deflates, you can bring it to any store and they can re-inflate it if you haven't popped it.

I believe we paid $13 for the clear balloon with the color Mickey balloon inside. When you add up what you get it isn't bad. You are getting the balloon and three weights to hold it down. I priced out a similar balloon and three weights from our local store and it was just as much as disney. This thing just wouldn't die also it lasted for months and DS (3) was jumping all over it.

Our clear balloon with the Mickey head inside is slowly starting to to deflate. We got it 4 1/2 weeks ago. DD is sad.

Just a note, if you can't find the balloon you want. Go to Town Hall and they can get it for you. We needed one with the pink Mickey inside and all the person on Main Street had were the regular mylar ones so they sent us to Town Hall. We used the balloon to announce that baby #2 was a girl :)

If I remember correctly the clear ones with the mickey head in them, the clear part is a different type of balloon meant to last for a long time.

And I can't imagine they'd let you fly with it, where would you put it?

The mylar ones are $10! :eek:

I bought one in February because I'd promised DS he could have one. I actually gasped and almost said forget it, but the CM had already put the little weight on it for us and I didn't want to look like a cheapskate. :goodvibes

On the plus side, the helium lasts a long time. Mickey/Minnie was still floating around our house for a good 6 weeks after our trip.

I don't buy balloons because I don't like them much but I have to comment that $10 for a mylar balloon isn't totally ridiculous. Our local grocery store florist charges about $6 for one.

Still, I would never buy one in the park because I wouldn't want the hassle of carrying it around all day, and like someone else said, how are you going to get it home?

we had a mickey and Minnie head balloon when we got married. on our last day we took it to the park and a balloon seller deflated them for us. when we got them home we re-inflated them for the wedding reception. they lasted over 6 months! well worth the $10 each! Xx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I believe we paid $13 for the clear balloon with the color Mickey balloon inside. When you add up what you get it isn't bad. You are getting the balloon and three weights to hold it down. I priced out a similar balloon and three weights from our local store and it was just as much as disney. This thing just wouldn't die also it lasted for months and DS (3) was jumping all over it.
:thumbsup2

We always drive so getting them home is never an issue. We buy a balloon every trip. It's kind of a tradition lol. The ones with mickey inside are about $13 as mentioned by another poster.

Ours have always lasted for MONTHS. We've had some last 6 months :) definitely got our money out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter