Overnight visitors in RV?

SunnyB32

Earning My Ears
We'll be at Ft. Wilderness for the first time in Jan. We have friends and relatives in the Sarasota area. I understand from other posts that visitors are allowed and there is a day lot where they can park. Can my brother and his wife stay in our RV overnight if they drive up for a couple of days? (Since they don't mind the pullout sofa!) The reference to "day lot" bothered me as I was wondering if that meant visitors could not park overnight.

Yes , they can ,,the Fort will charge a couple dollars a night per person- that way they'll have a parking pass ,,and they can park at the Over Flow lot.

Have a GREAT time, dont forget your fish'n poles !:thumbsup2

Of course, if you are in a MoHo and don't tow, they can park at your site: you are allowed an Rv and one car per site. You should still check them in to get a pass, but it would be more convenient to be parked at the site.

we just did this in oct my MIL stayed for 3 days we went up front and she paid i believe 2-3 $ a night she got a pass to put in her car in the overflow lot and a card so she could get in to bathrooms after hrs and in and out of gate with her car this card also allowed charging if she wanted was a fast and easy thing to do as long as you don't get in a big line at the front desk
they probably will change all of your cards also so they all come back to the same site good luck and have fun with your trip enjoy the magic of Disney

OK, thanks to all who replied, it sounds doable. We have a fifth wheel and we'll have our truck at the site, so I'll let them know to expect to park outside or get a pass for the overflow lot. I assume the latter is in the campground itself.

What you can do is the morning they arrive, drop by the front desk and tell them you are having two overnight guests for 1 night (or how many nights they are staying). They will charge you the $2 + tax per adult per night and give you key cards for them. Also tell them you need an extra parking pass. When they arrive tell them to go in the entrance that indicates parking for Hoop De Doo, Backyard Barbecue, etc. (That is the overflow lot) There is no guard gate there, and plenty of parking. You will then meet them up front, or they can make their way back to your campsite on the buses. Hand them their ID cards and have them put the parking pass in their vehicle.

They cannot register as day guests when they arrive, you have to register them as guests on your reservation.

OK, thanks to all who replied, it sounds doable. We have a fifth wheel and we'll have our truck at the site, so I'll let them know to expect to park outside or get a pass for the overflow lot. I assume the latter is in the campground itself.

The overflow lot is at the front desk, which is at the front of the campground - make sure everyone knows they will have to take the bus to your site - or you will need to go down and get them. It is not usually a walkable distance. We always do this with friends/ family and it is very easy to do.

We'll be at Ft. Wilderness for the first time in Jan. We have friends and relatives in the Sarasota area. I understand from other posts that visitors are allowed and there is a day lot where they can park. Can my brother and his wife stay in our RV overnight if they drive up for a couple of days? (Since they don't mind the pullout sofa!) The reference to "day lot" bothered me as I was wondering if that meant visitors could not park overnight.

We just did this for our youngest son who flew in from Ca. for two weeks. The day before we stopped by the front desk and put him on our ressie and picked up a KTTW card for him. He came in on 3 Nov and is leaving 17 Nov and DW tried to get the KTTW card for just those days but was told she would need to come back when he was gone to remove him from the reservation. They will need the KTTW card for EMH. Not a big deal since we will do that when we come back from the Airport on Monday.

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter