Overlooked, Unknown and Unusual MUST DO's

A must do for me is that I always make a wish at the wishing well in the MK. :) I am very serious about my wishing and my mother always walks aways from me like she doesn't know me but I don't care :laughing:

The fountain in Italy at Epcot is where we make our wishes - its like the Trevi fountain for us!!

Take a few pictures on your cell phone - then you can use them for your wallpaper, from castle shots, to Spectro Parade Shots - to the Trevi Fountain shots!! :) :)

I was just at Epcot last week and we did not see the Station Cool with the sodas anymore. I think you are going to have to cross Beverly off your list of things to do!

I was just at Epcot last week and we did not see the Station Cool with the sodas anymore. I think you are going to have to cross Beverly off your list of things to do!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: SOME ONE TELL ME THIS IS A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this thread. There are always new tips to discover. Here are a few I've found in researching our last 2 trips.

If you sit on the stone ledge on the side of Cinderella's castle, you will hear Stitch giggle and tell you to be quiet because he's hiding.

In Liberty Square if you go towards the HM and Fantasyland- across from the Riverboat landing (I think) look up into the windows on the 2nd floor. In one of them are 2 lanterns to represent "One if by Land, Two if by Sea." It's really great to find. It's easier to find at night because the lanterns are lit!

Try having a late evening meal or snack outside on the second story balcony of Pinocchio's Village Haus as the lights are coming on at night in Fantasyland. All the trees and rides are lit up and it is a wonderful spot to sit and relax!

The Lady and the Tramp paws in front Tony’s.

At Hollywood Studios on the street in the New York neighborhood, you can hear gangsters talking and gun shots inside the buildings. Also check out the "Singing in the Rain" umbrella that is attached to one of the streetlights near the old Hunchback theater. Grab the umbrella and step on the black square embedded in the cement underneath it for a nice surprise!

Hope you have a great trip.

I looked for Stitch around the castle last time...where exactly is the "stone ledge" please??

If I'm not mistaken, they still hide 3 paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer's Island. Be the first on the island to have the best shot at finding one. If you are successful at locating one of the brushes - turn it into the nearest CM on the island - and receive a "surprise." Good Luck!

Yes they still hide the paintbrushes. My DD found one last xmas. We turned it in to a rather surprised cm. I guess most folks don't know about this one. We were offered our choice of fastpasses, but we had dreamfastpasses already for the day. So the cm gave us a coupon for free popcorn and cokes for the whole family. We also got a neat pic of DD "painting" Tom and Huck's fence on the island.:woohoo:

Our other funny things to look for is "a net full of jello" in muppets (say it fast and you'll get it!) Also, it may be gone now but there was once a wooden leg with a nametag of Smith in the mainstreet station. (from Mary Poppins)

how very cool!!! this will be my 6th trip to disney and i've never been to the island!!! may just have to take the kids to see if we can find one!!! lol

Yes they still hide the paintbrushes. My DD found one last xmas. We turned it in to a rather surprised cm. I guess most folks don't know about this one. We were offered our choice of fastpasses, but we had dreamfastpasses already for the day. So the cm gave us a coupon for free popcorn and cokes for the whole family. We also got a neat pic of DD "painting" Tom and Huck's fence on the island.:woohoo:

Our other funny things to look for is "a net full of jello" in muppets (say it fast and you'll get it!) Also, it may be gone now but there was once a wooden leg with a nametag of Smith in the mainstreet station. (from Mary Poppins)

Not sure if there are still penny arcade machines with the pictures that move to make a movie at the train station in MK?

As of May those Mutoscopes were still there. They're a series of pictures on a reel that make a short silent movie when you turn the handle. I think there are 5 or 6 of them in the Main St train station. They're a great way to wait out a rain storm, and once you start looking at them, everyone else in the station has find out what you're looking at, too.

Please tell me that this is wrong and that Club Cool is still at EPCOT???? I'd be soooo disappointed if they took this away!

Club Cool was closed? Being refurbished? Or was it just selling Coke products and not giving out the soda samples any more? Please give us details.

Ok, it's a small thing. But when you get off the ride at the HAUNTED MANSION, give the right hand wall a little punch. It looks like stone but is actually made of a rubber. I guess so many people bumped into it, that this is a way to protect unsuspecting bodies.

Club Cool was closed? Being refurbished? Or was it just selling Coke products and not giving out the soda samples any more? Please give us details.

We were there last month and were torturing ourselves with Beverly.

After "Sounds Dangerous" in DHS, there is a little room with all sorts of sound effect equipment. Check out one of the sound booths, it's really cool. Plus is nice quiet spot to relax for a few minutes.

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but here's a few of my favorites:
1) MK - Ride Jungle Cruise at night
2) AK - Take the time to really do Rafiki's Planet Watch. ESPECIALLY if your traveling with children. I read where people think it's boring all the time. I used to think that myself. That was when we did it "tourist style"; AKA skim through "we dont have much time... more rides". When we actually took the time to see everything we discovered it was an amazing place. There was a surgery going on when we were there and the CMs were all excited. The dung balls had my son nearly in tears laughing. There are a lot of cool little details in there. Some really fascinating stuff. Honestly. They also have a petting zoo. They are animals, and honestly... they are probably cleaner than YOU are!!!:lmao: THEY haven't been walking a hot sweaty park all day!!!:rotfl2:
3) EPCOT - Play in the water outside Honey I Shrunk the Audience.
4) DHS - Lights Motors Action... I get so sick of all the bad reviews. It's a cool show. I like the trivia before the show as well. It's fun. The pre-show is also a great place to rest and catch up on any business phone calls or call your family back home to check on the dogs, cats, fish, etc. (Yeah... I worry about my fish. Lots of money in that tank!!!)
5) MK - Tom Sawyer's Island. Scare your friends/family in the caves. We LOVE to do this!!! You go on up ahead and hide behind a wall and pounce out and scream. :rotfl2: The fun is when you get a bunch of fun-lovers in there who all start scaring each other whether you know them or not. We spent nearly an hour once just scaring each other in the different caves. It never gets old. Lighten up people... it's vacation.
6) - EPCOT The Jaws picture: This one is for ADULTS and you need to be in decent physical shape: Climb into the Bruce prop in The Living Seas and turn your body around BACKWARDS and inch out till your barely hanging from his mouth, then dangle your arms to the floor. If done properly it looks like he's dragging your lifeless dead body through the ocean. The crowd will cheer. Happens every time.:thumbsup2
7) If your staying at POP Century... Take a picnic lunch to the bridge that crosses to the unfinished Legendary Years buildings. I think it's one of the most romantic / mysterious places at WDW.

My tips aren't the common ones I'm guessing, as we go a lot, and we get tired of the same things. These are little things that we do just for fun.

6) - EPCOT The Jaws picture: This one is for ADULTS and you need to be in decent physical shape: Climb into the Bruce prop in The Living Seas and turn your body around BACKWARDS and inch out till your barely hanging from his mouth, then dangle your arms to the floor. If done properly it looks like he's dragging your lifeless dead body through the ocean. The crowd will cheer. Happens every time.:thumbsup2

Count me in...do you have a picture of this you would like to share??:yay:

About the Disney Visa character meet at EPCOT...my aunt who was there in late December/January said she took her kids to this, and they don't have a Disney Visa. Has this ever happened before? If it's a slow day do they just let anyone in? I'm in Canada and can't get a Disney Visa, but would love to take part in this, even without the free picture. TIA!:goodvibes

5) MK - Tom Sawyer's Island. Scare your friends/family in the caves. We LOVE to do this!!! You go on up ahead and hide behind a wall and pounce out and scream. It's even funnier when you scream at someone and it's not your family or friends!!!:rotfl2: The humor is if you get a bunch of fun-lovers in there you all start scaring each other whether you know them or not. We spent nearly an hour once just scaring each other in the different caves. It never gets old. Lighten up people... it's vacation.

I'll will probably get slamed for this, but I think you should rethink this little tidbit. There are alot of young kids and some adults (my DW included) who don't like being scared out of their wits. If you did this to my wife there probably would not be a cave left on Tom Sawyers Island after she got done with her panic attack. Let alone ruining the rest of our day. This is just my opinion and you can take it for what's it worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter