• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Overgrown beach and walkway by Magic Kingdom?

bobbyseal

Earning My Ears
We are in the process of driving back after a wonderful stay in a studio at PVB. I noticed during one of our Monorail rides over to MK that there seems to be an old beach and walkway by the MK over looking Seven Seas Lagoon. It looks like to access it you'd have to go by the boat dock to GF/Polynesian. I never saw anyone out there and assumed it was closed. Anyone know the history of this place? Did people use to sun themselves on this south facing beach back in the day?

that's so cool - I've never noticed this before

There is another "beach" over on the east side of the MK docks, next to the MK bus area, nearer the Contemporary Resort.

CR-Beach.png

CR-Beach2.png

Years ago we saw the area on the west side set up for a private function.

Are we allowed to walk out to the end? I assume we are as people might want to visit their bricks.

Might be a nice evening stroll just for something different.

There is a smoking area down there, if it's the spot I'm thinking of.

Are we allowed to walk out to the end? I assume we are as people might want to visit their bricks.

If you like.

As to the "dedicated" bricks...
there really aren't a lot of them placed in that area.

If you like.

As to the "dedicated" bricks...
there really aren't a lot of them placed in that area.
My brick is down by that beach. At least it used to be...haven’t visited it since 1998!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter