• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Overbooked on ADR's need to axe a couple, help!

Cin

DIS Veteran
Hey, what can I say? I couldn't help it and by reading trip reports and reviews I overbooked and have more ADR's than dining credits. I don't mind paying a for a couple out of pocket, but I am still going to have to let 2 of these go. I have 8 credits, and willing to pay OOP for 4 credits' worth, but which should I cut? Never dined at any of them so I need help deciding. It's just Mom and I, we're both foodies and we like good food and atmosphere.

Breakfast
Kona Cafe
Kona Cafe
Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern
50"s Prime Time
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
*Garden View Tea Room - Afternoon Tea (Will be OOP)
Dinner
California Grill
Rose & Crown
Raglan Road
Via Napoli
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Plaza Restaurant
Boma

Hmmm...I'd cut Liberty Tree Tavern and Raglan Road. But that's just me :) I think you'll get similar food at Raglan Road and Rose and Crown...and I'd much prefer Rose and Crown. Also, the food at LTT bores me...but I know there are plenty of people who love it!

I would get rid of these dinners

Raglan Road
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Boma

Boy you have some good ones there!!

Out of that list I would cancel Rose & Crown and the Plaza.

I was not impressed with the food at Rose & crown.

The Plaza is good; but it's basically just sandwiches, and the others are better.

Hey, what can I say? I couldn't help it and by reading trip reports and reviews I overbooked and have more ADR's than dining credits. I don't mind paying a for a couple out of pocket, but I am still going to have to let 2 of these go. I have 8 credits, and willing to pay OOP for 4 credits' worth, but which should I cut? Never dined at any of them so I need help deciding. It's just Mom and I, we're both foodies and we like good food and atmosphere.

Breakfast
Kona Cafe
Kona Cafe
Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern
50"s Prime Time
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
*Garden View Tea Room - Afternoon Tea (Will be OOP)
Dinner
California Grill
Rose & Crown
Raglan Road
Via Napoli
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Plaza Restaurant
Boma

This is a tough choice!! I would definitely get rid of the plaza, all the others are so good!! I would have to say if I had to choose it would be Rose and Crown, last time we ate there it was not great! I have never been to Cali Grill, but Raglan Road O'hana and Via Napoli are a few of my favorites! Kona is great too. I didn't love Boma, but most people do. Good luck! Making dining reservations is so hard!:)

I didn't see the plaza listed...I agree with a couple of the other posters and would cut that one too :) My only reason for cutting Raglan Road instead of Rose and Crown was that I love eating in Epcot and the food is pretty good. But if you are intentionally looking for a place to dine in DTD, then I agree that you should go to Raglan Road and cut Rose and Crown.

Is Kona supposed to be on the list twice for breakfast? If so, ditch one of those and The Plaza. Otherwise, axe The Plaza and Liberty Tree as neither are anything special.

I'd dump Plaza and Rose+Crown. I just assumed that one of the Kona breakfasts was a typo, but if you have 2 breakfasts there, then dump one.

I'd drop a Kona breakfast & Kona supper. Just not a huge fan of the place.

I'd for sure keep : LeCellier & Ohana supper...these are great!

What time is your Rose and Crown ADR? We love Rose and Crown. And if you have a late reservation you can stay at the restaurant and watch Illuminations without the crowds while having desert.

I'd cut the Plaza Restaurant, and Le Cellier. Although I like dining at Le Cellier for dinner, I don't think the lunch is very good. Another idea would be to cut whatever is going to be the most out of the way to get to.

Thanks for the input. I was able to make the cuts without a problem after advice. In fact I cut too many and now have 1 dining credit left. Oh well, I'm sure in the next 3 months I will find one to fill it. I was on the fence on a couple so I want to wait and see how the food quality and service is closer to my travel date.

I noticed many of you said to cut out The Plaza. I need a place to eat in MK for dinner (we'll have already had breakfast at CP and we'll do a counter service meal for lunch). Suggestions?

Try a Cape May breakfast - it's lovely

(This is a suggestion for the OP, not a response to the PP!!!)

There really aren't too many good places to eat in MK (in my opinion). Cinderella's Royal Table is good, but not great. We usually leave MK for dinner and head to one of the hotels for dinner and then head back to MK. We like Narcoosies in the Grand Floridian.

I noticed many of you said to cut out The Plaza. I need a place to eat in MK for dinner (we'll have already had breakfast at CP and we'll do a counter service meal for lunch). Suggestions?

I do a LATE lunch at Liberty Tree (and early breakfast at CP) and switch counter service to dinner. I think lunch at LTT is great, dinner just so-so.

Plaza is okay - it's just not interesting. I've been there once and while my food was good, it wasn't great. My service was better than average. It was just boring. If you are looking for a simple TS meal to get out of the weather, a guaranteed place to sit, and someone to serve you a decent meal - it's fine. It's just not a "wow - that was great" place.

MK really needs The Plaza or Tony's to be something else instead of what they are now. They need a BETTER "not too pricey" TS place inside MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter