Overall Wonderful Trip 7-13 November

DanielJoseph

Earning My Ears
We planned for this trip for a year (me, 48, DW, and DD 13), a family reunion and first visit for our Granddaughter (9 Months). Flights down early Sunday morning from Norfolk VA were smooth and right on time. DW and DD picked up our bags at carousel while I checked in at the Thrifty car rental counter. Smooth as silk! :cool1: Stopped at Publix on the way for some water and formula/diapers for our Grand daughter, and we arrived at BWV by 11AM.

BWV online checkin couldn't have been smoother, and the CMs at Boardwalk were wonderful. Room was not ready and the rest of our family (all 10 of them) were not arriving until around 4PM, so we hit DHS - a short 10-15 minute walk from BWV. Just as we arrived at DHS, got a call from the BWV that our room was ready (wow!).:thumbsup2

After ToT and RnR, we headed over to TSMM, which said 70 minute wait, and no FP left. What the heck, we had time to kill, so we got in line. 70 minutes later, we were on hte stairs heading down to the loading area, and...the ride goes down. The whole line was evacuated, and we were given FPs good through the next day. Disappointing, but we just accepted it and held on to those FPs like gold.

The rest of our family (and Granddaughter!) arrived around 4PM, and we all caught up, checked into our rooms, and made plans to head to EPCOT. We had a liesurely time in EPCOT. Went on Spaceship Earth (love that ride), then tried to get on TT, but that went down too!:headache: Oh well...we went on Living Seas, a nice gentle ride that our Granddaughter loved.

We park hopped the rest of the week, crowds were relatively light, and we did everything we wanted to do. The shorter hours were not a problem, because crowds were so light.:thumbsup2

We did QSDP. I will say that though you can get your money's worth, the quality of the food is very hit or miss. We could not eat all the snacks, and we would never normally eat all those desserts. We did get our money's worth on sodas though! Best CS were Tangerine Cafe, Fish & Chips, and Sunshine Seasons (really excellent, but probably not so much for kids) at EPCOT, Cosmic Rays at MK, and Flame Tree BBQ at AK. DHS food is a total skunker, no other way to say it.:eek: Pecos Bills at MK and La Hacienda at WS were huge disappointments. I think we'll just do our meals on our own next time.

Best new things we experienced:
-Being at WDW with our family, and group photo on ToT our last night:)
-TSMM is a hoot, we did it three times, and improved scores each time (all of us did). Worth a 60 minute wait if you have the time, IMHO.
-Finding Nemo Show at AK - absolutely brilliant!:thumbsup2
-Early entry at MK; always love having the run of the place early in the morning!
-Sunshine Seasons
-BWV, and nearly all cast members were great:)

Worst things:
-Bad food on QSDP:sad2:
-Technical problems on rides (TSMM twice, TT twice, Space Mountain all day on our first visit to MK, RnR once)
-One rude COM at RnR
-A falling down drunk woman at the loud pool at BWV, using loud foul language.:mad: She was shut off at the pool bar by the CMs...really gross.

Overall, a wonderful week. Certainly much more positive than negative. I can answer any questions you might have!

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter