• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Over the River and Through the Woods to Trails End

ebmouse

Mouseketeer
We are planning a birthday breakfast buffet. We have gotten here before from Wilderness Lodge by walking the path and also using the boat. Can anyone share how to do it by car from SSR? I'm wondering if you have to park waaaay out in the big lot when you first enter Fort Wilderness and then take the buses . I can't recall seeing any parking lots close to restaurant. Maybe it would be easier/faster to park at WL and take the boat? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Last time I drove there (for HDDR) we did indeed have to park in the big lot by the check in area and then take an internal bus.

you will have to park at the big lot and take the internal bus as there is no car parking at that end. not sure if you will be allowed to park at Wilderness Lodge and then go to the Fort without ressie there as you are not staying there.

If you are asking how to drive over, turn left out of SSR, go to stoplight just past OKW entrance, turn right, go past Port Orleans to stoplight, turn left and FW will be on your right. Once there, the bus loop system is actually pretty good and quick. Allow yourself about 20 mins from SSR to get there and back to Trails End.

If you are asking how to drive over, turn left out of SSR, go to stoplight just past OKW entrance, turn right, go past Port Orleans to stoplight, turn left and FW will be on your right. Once there, the bus loop system is actually pretty good and quick. Allow yourself about 20 mins from SSR to get there and back to Trails End.

Yep, it's right down the street! Every internal bus runs to the Settlement, so you won't have to wait long to grab a bus. It's really easy.

Thanks for the replies. Had a feeling you needed to park in the big lot. Guess we will play it by ear, depending on if we can get the birthday girl up early enough. Site says breakfast ends at 9:30. Yikes. Don't remember it being that early.

car from SSR? I'm wondering if you have to park waaaay out in the big lot

1) You cannot park near The Settlement (where HDDR and Trail's End are located).
2) For The Fort
. . . you park in the Main Parking Area (aka, "Overflow Lot") at The Outpost
. . . you take an internal bus (although three different bus routes, they all end up at The Settlement).
. . . you exit the bus and walk 3-5 minutes to Trail's End
. . . to leave, reverse the process
3) Breakfast is 7:30AM-11:25AM Daily.

NOTE: Please remember, although this is a WDW Resort, it is primarily a Campground. There are no quick routes for travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter