Over the door shoe organizer

mydisneyobsession

DIS Veteran
I've been so excited to use one of these on our next trip since reading about it here, and now we've moved our reservation to the Contemporary. Is there anywhere to use them? Will they work on the sliding door to the bathroom?

Thanks so much!

I have to types of shoe organizer, the one that hangs on the back of a door with hooks and the one that hangs on a regular hanger. When we stayed at CR we used the one in the closet after reading the CR info thread.:thumbsup2 We loved it there, we were upgraded to the tower bay lake view.:)

I love using mine. This last trip the door would not shut for the bathroom so I hung it on the outside of the shower door. Jo

If you are staying at the contemporary BLT, the over the door organizers won't work... the doors are too think. That being said, I hung mine to a hanger in the closed and it worked fine.

We won't be staying at BLT - we'll be in the Tower at CR. I love the feedback so far... has anyone been able to use an over the door shoe organizer somewhere in the room at CR?

I don't have the "in the closet" type, but will buy one if I have to.

Thanks so much!

I've been looking all around at the $ stores and cannot seem to find the ones that hang over the door. Does Walmart sell them??

I hung mine on the towel rack behind the sinks--it's a ladder-style rack and hangs there. Also, there was a place next to the sink (towel bar or something--I can't remember) that I used, too.

Any suggestion for how to hang this at the BC? We brought one last year to hang on the back of the bathroom door. It didn't fit quite right (door too thick) and we had to leave the door ajar because it wouldn't close.

Love the idea and it was really handy. Just wondering if there's a better place to hang it.

Thanks!

I have seen show organizers like that. They hang and they are foldable, made of leather or fake leather. When you keep a show it expands, and when you take out the show, it contracts back to normal shape.

Just got back from six days at CR & took an organizer for the first time (thanks to the DIS boards)! Our room had a connecting door so I just opened our side, hooked the top hooks over the door & locked it back up. It was a perfect spot & we got lots of use out of it. DGS3 put cars and TS figures in bottom pockets, we put sunscreen & decks of cards in the middle pockets, top pockets had the pill bottles & anything that the little one couldn't reach. It really made more room in the bathroom area for the 4 of us. I'm not sure if I'll take it when just DH and I go, we usually have plenty of room for our items.

In case mine won't fit over the door, I have some shower curtain hooks (the older style thin metal ones) that I can attach to hang it on the closet rod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter