Over Hyped Attractions

I don't like Soarin' sometimes because (and it pains me to say this) I always wish I was on vacation at the spots in the video, in nature instead. Not on a ride watching a video about it.

I WILL go hang gliding some day. #1 on my bucket list because of Soarin'.

I love Soarin' :love:

The only I really can't stand is Spaceship Earth, I always fall asleep, I find it incredibly boring. :blush::guilty:

I have a few Cap EO, Illuminations. Wishes, and Small World (though we ride it every time we go...I think you have to.)

Most 3D rides, except the muppets which is hilarious, because I can't see 3D so really thats my own fault I guess.

TSMM though, even if I got the 3D, I couldn't see myself riding it. Seems pretty dull to me, I rode BLSRS back in the day and wasn't impressed, and I was a kid back then who got excited about most every ride at WDW.

Soarin is one of my fave rides though. I might feel different if I lived close to the locations shown in the video, but I don't so it's quite interesting to see them. And the music makes me tear up for some reason. I reall don't know why, nothing else does...

I also really really really love ALL the stunt shows/animal shows. I just go nuts for that kind of thing.

EE- Granted I only rode it once with a child swap, so I was by myself whick took a little of the fun out for me, but I didnt think it lived up to the hype. It was fun and all, but IMO waaayyyyy overhyped.

Shortly after Test track opened, my family waited like 45 minutes to ride. (we NEVER waited in long lines, we just figured we would do it "next time") So that was a lllooooonnnngggg time for us to wait. Everyone was saying how amazing it was. We got off the ride and said "thats it? we waited 45 minutes for that?" Fast forward about 10 years or so and DH's first trip I said, no need to ride, its pretty lame. He rode (with fastpasses) with our friends kids and loved it. Talked me into it and I must say that without the "hype" and wait time, I really enjoyed it. I think your mood and the wait time when you first ride something can really dictate if you enjoy a ride or not.

Add me to the "Jungle Cruise at night" team. Way better:thumbsup2

Mine are Illuminations and Fantasmic. I just can't latch on to either. I really think a HiDef globe would change Illuminations for me.

Outside Disney - I was so pumped, and so let down by the Harry Potter ride.The area was great, but I will never go on that attraction again. So disjointed.

For me, it is Soarin. I rode it once, and didn't get the hype. They even let me sit in the front row because it was my birthday. My wife seemed to be even more disapointed in the ride than I was.

I notice a lot of the people that list Mission Space in this thread also don't ride the orange side. I don't think anyone has ever hyped the green side of the ride, so how can people say it is overhyped? It is like two different rides. For the people that like Soarin, would it be the same if you sat in unmoving seats on the ground and just watched the movie?

Soarin' and TSM.

Wife feels the same way, we don't even thin about goin gon them. When the kid gets old enough, we're going to have to split them, I do one, she does the other.

I love the Jungle Cruise! Yes, the jokes are old, but those are what makes it fun. And riding JC at night is a completely different ride than riding it during the day.

My vote for most over-rated attraction is definitely TSM. DW and DD want to tackle that later this summer. I may just find a shaded spot and let them go for it!

I guess I am a boring fuddy-duddy. I am content to people watch and hit a few of the shows and some of the easy going attractions like SE, HM, PoC, and IASW.

SOARIN'!!!!

I don't get it:confused3.....the quality of the film is sub-par and the ridiculous wait times for that ride is absurd! I hate even using a fast pass for it b/c I feel it is so boring. If it wasn't for Disneyland at the end it would be even worse!

Soarin'
TSMM
Expedition Everest (really most of AK for us)
Illuminations

Both Soarin' and TSMM, we have at the DLR, no matter the line I wont ride there here either. I really wish the Soarin' at WDW was different than the one in DLR.

Mine is Lights, Motors Actions in DHS....big waste of time

Star Tours - I love thrill rides, but this is not a thrill ride. It's essentially just being shaken up in a box. Can't stand it to the point where I actually make my DW ride it with DS whereas I ride everything else in the parks with DS.

I think your mood and the wait time when you first ride something can really dictate if you enjoy a ride or not.
^^^ THIS. This. and this again. Expectations makes a huge -and lasting- difference.

I've never done Jungle Cruise at night but have read that on DIS many times. I'm looking forward to doing JC at night.

Honey I Shrunk the audience was boring. I didn't like it at all. But there are some rides that others find boring that I adore. Some of it is nostalgia.

I loved MS last time. My claustrophobia has greatly increased in the past 5 years. I really don't think I could do it now. At all. It is a shame because I did like it (I went green - thought it was great. My sister, who was afraid because she has some motion issues, decided to give the orange side a try after I said it was fine ended up sick and miserable the rest of the day). I really think I'll have to skip it in the future unless this fear of confinement eases up. (Riding in the capsule to the top of the St. Louis arch in those freaking tiny little barrels was the most miserable thing I've ever done - I thought I was going to die ... and then I had to ride to get back down!!)

Star Tours - I love thrill rides, but this is not a thrill ride. It's essentially just being shaken up in a box. Can't stand it to the point where I actually make my DW ride it with DS whereas I ride everything else in the parks with DS.
Star Tours is another one I can't stand. And Body Wars was the same thing to me. I don't like simulators that jerk you around. I also didn't like Back to the Future at Universal ... same thing. Just gives me a headache without the big thrill.

Soarin' for me. My friends like to go on it, but I will only join them if we get FP's (otherwise I let them go while I split and do something else). The wait time for that ride is almost always ridiculous and isn't worth it IMO. :confused3

I think it's whatever you like, you like. I enjoy Carousel of Progress but a few I know just don't care for it at all. They only go on it to "nap" and cool off :rolleyes: How can they not love that it's a great big beautiful tomorrow? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter