Over Door Shoe Holder Fix?

Ok, newbie question...why do I need one of these? Cuz if the Dis says I need one, then clearly I do, but what do I do with it?:confused3

Oh wow, I am in the minority but I don't think they are needed at all. Same as you, first cruise I took one because the Dis made me think I did. I never used it. 5 people that time and there was plenty of shelf space in the bathrooms.

Next time 2 people and again no need for that.

At home I don't hand my deodorant in a packet. Next to a pocket with a razer, and a pocket of Advil. It's just all in my make up bag which is how it sits on the shelf in a cruise bathroom.

While small, they are exceedingly well thought out in terms of shelves and storage.

Everyone is different. For us, we hate clutter and stuff laying around on the shelves or countertops. And with 4 adults there will be lots of stuff. We put in the shoe holder things that we can grab and use in either of the bathroom sides/ sinks.

These are some of the things we use our shoe holder for -

4 pairs of sunglasses, 4 KTTW cards/lanyards, phone/ camera chargers, RX's, Tylenol/ OTC meds, sunscreen, 4 toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, brushes, lint brush, wrinkle reducer, make-up, q-tips, eye drops, band aids, contact lens cases/ solution, etc

Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture.

Thanks for all the good ideas, I need to find a way to make a shoe holder work yet conform to the DCL rules and not scratch up the door.

I tied a ribbon to mine and hung it outside the bathrooms on the hook provided so everyone could have access and close enough to the door to pop in keys, etc. I also found collapsible boxes :idea: to be very convenient for clutter. I won't travel again without the boxes.

Along with all the items mentioned above I even put all the flip flops/beach shoes in the bottom pockets. With 4 people I find the number of shoes we have takes up more space than the closet floor/shelves offers so its nice to eliminate 4 right there.

Other items I use it for that I don't think I saw listed are vitamins, perfume, laundry detergent, and sea bands.

I do put some things like powder, deodorant, my make up bag, tooth brushes/paste on the shelves in the bathrooms but there are a lot of other little things that would just be thrown all around the desk or shelves to make a mess of clutter. And I would be the only one in the room who would care about the mess and end up cleaning all day, LOL!

We cruised before they made this rule change, but one idea I saw out there was to use two shoe organizers and instead of using the hooks, put string between them and have one on each side of the door. Double the storage and no hooks to scratch the paint. :cool1:

Great idea!!

I tied a wood dowel to the top of the over the organizer and then wired both ends. See below for the finished product hanging in the bathroom on the Fantasy.

We did something almost identical to this one when we were on the Fantasy, except we hung ours outside the bathroom on the single wall hook beside the queen size bed. (I don't have any photos)

I found I didn't use ours this time. We had a slightly bigger verandah room and the bathrooms seemed to have enough shelf space. I also put all my makeup, hAir stuff in the drawer next to the chair at the desk for my morning routine. That took care of a lot of items.
Our shower had a small set of shelves that helped although I brought a shower hanger with pockets. I never opened it do I'll take it back.
We brought small baskets to put Halloween gifts in for our kids. They ended up being great for their stash. DS even stored his glasses each night over the edge of his basket do he could find them. I'll bring small baskets next time too.
Oh, and we were never yd to use our door hanger. I kept it hung but never needed it. Now yo figure out what to do with it at home. Don't need more shoes! Or do I?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter