Outside photographer at Illuminations dessert party?

act1980

DIS Veteran
We are using an outside photographer, are they allowed to enter the park and take photos at the dessert party?

Apologies for all my questions lately btw, I have just started the wedding planning again after having a break! :thumbsup2

I'm afraid not!!
No outside photographers are allowed at any event in the parks:sad1:

Disney changed the rules a few years ago. We were able to have Misty for our November 2008 wedding so any photos of DP were from before they changed the rules.

You could try that but there will be DFTW or WDW cast members at your event watching so you may not want to chance it. They know the local photographers.

You could try that but there will be DFTW or WDW cast members at your event watching so you may not want to chance it. They know the local photographers.

OK, thank you. I won't attempt it :)

Will my wedding planner be with me on the day?

OK, thank you. I won't attempt it :)

Will my wedding planner be with me on the day?
My planner was at my dessert party the night before and was with me throughout the entire day. She did leave about 2 hours before the reception was over but if I had an event after the reception I'm sure she would have been there.

She was with Danny most of the day and I had an assistant with me from when I was at the GF for pictures before the ceremony.

My planner was at my dessert party the night before and was with me throughout the entire day. She did leave about 2 hours before the reception was over but if I had an event after the reception I'm sure she would have been there.

She was with Danny most of the day and I had an assistant with me from when I was at the GF for pictures before the ceremony.

Wow thats great!:goodvibes

Our planner was not at our DP either. There were other Disney people there but not our planner.

Linda

Our planner was not at our DP. She told us who and where to meet for it. There were no DFTW CMs at our event.
We had an outside photographer for our ceremony and then paid $350 to have Disney Photography at our dessert party. We got 2 Disney photographers and a 4x6 copy of every photo they took during our DP. I then bought an additional 8x10 photo of one of my favorites off our website before the pics expired. One good thing about having Disney Photography at your DP is they know the show by heart and know exactly when to take the photos to get the best shots of the fireworks. I will admit they weren't the best photos of US , but the fireworks and shots of our guests mingling were great.

We are using an outside photographer, are they allowed to enter the park and take photos at the dessert party?

Apologies for all my questions lately btw, I have just started the wedding planning again after having a break! :thumbsup2

Technically, it isn't true that outside photographers aren't allowed at events in the park. For example, I worked on a national convention that held a party at Living Seas and then watched the fireworks. Most certainly we were allowed.

Outside professional photographers are not allowed at DP inside the park. A friend of yours who is going as a guest and has a nice camera is certainly allowed to go to your DP and take photos. I wouldn't recommend that your friend take cases upon cases of equipment, but generally, DSLR's are becoming so popular now that, unless the CM had a lot of knowledge about both Nikons and Canons, they wouldn't know if the person was using an entry-level camera or a true professional full-frame body and top of the line lenses.

You could hire a pro to do your wedding, then have his contract end at say 6pm. Then "invite" him to join you for your dessert party as a guest, and you'd pay the admission. In return, maybe he would bring along his camera and get some photographs, if you mentioned you wish you could have some shots from the DP.

There are many, many photogs in Orlando and the CM's and planners do not know all of them. Using outside photographers will only stop when they stop allowing DSLR cameras altogether in the parks, which won't happen as more and more consumers buy DSLR's.

Are there any rules about taking a photographer with you just during a normal day at the parks to snap pictures? I saw some really great pictures by Portrayable in MK (from a DISbride whose screenname I can't recall right now), but I didn't know if the policy had changed or if there even was one.

Looking at the pictures from the Disney photogs Engagement/Honeymoon shoots leaves me a little underwhelmed for the most part.

Are there any rules about taking a photographer with you just during a normal day at the parks to snap pictures? I saw some really great pictures by Portrayable in MK (from a DISbride whose screenname I can't recall right now), but I didn't know if the policy had changed or if there even was one.

Looking at the pictures from the Disney photogs Engagement/Honeymoon shoots leaves me a little underwhelmed for the most part.

Does Disney like it? No. But they can't technically stop it. As long as you are paying admission (and paying for the photog's admission), you can certainly do this.

The best way to do it is to go when the park opens and find areas where there are not a lot of people yet. People probably won't move out of your way (but they sometimes do), so there may be people in the background.

You can't wear wedding attire in, but anything else is fair game.

Honeymoon and engagement shoots are done inside the park a lot by non-Disney photogs. This will only stop when they stop allowing DSLR's, which they won't, since so many moms and dads have them now! :)

Hope that helps!

Not sure but I would imagine so. You do not board the boat in the park but at a resort so I do not think they could stop you - but I am really not sure. I am sure you will get people posting here with more info.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter