Outrageous Prices, What have you seen?

The price for Tide sounds about right. I just bought the Tide 2X Coldwater wash for 13.01 - at Walmart. Even for 2X, it's getting to be a wee bit steep. I like Tide, but there's a limit.

DisFlan

I saw 5.99 for a small 1/2 pint container of raspberries at Kroger last week.
Apples at 1.79 a lb come out to be a buck a piece.
Even the 5 lb bag of potatoes was 4.29.

Triscuits for $3.79 a box. That's crazy! They're like 10 oz. boxes! I ended up buying plain old saltines instead. I love crackers with cheese or peanut butter--a good break from sandwiches at work-- but I will no longer pay such a crazy price.

I walked into Dunkin" Donuts for a cup of coffee and noticed that the bagels were $11.99 a dozen! A dollar for a bagel?:scared1:

the coke machine wants a DOLLAR now :sad2:

5 months ago it went up to 75 cents

now it's a whole dollar
I don't drink very much soda- like 1 time a week- i grab one while shopping for my work food -no one else in the family drinks soda so i don't buy 12 packs etc..

No more.. I will keep making tea or drink water.

Today at the store I was picking out tortillas when I saw the $4.98 price on the pack I had in my hand. There was another gal there too that did the same double take as me. It was just a 8 or 10 pack. I dont know what special kind of tortillas these were:confused3 This just kinda shocked me.

$1.50 for one green pepper...
but what really got me was $8.99 for a larger pack of cheese sticks!
My kids eat a lot of cheese sticks, they love them and they are a healthy snack/lunch component, but omg, that's steep!

$3.79 for a loaf of store brand multi-grain bread that was $2.29 two weeks ago. Usually could buy it for $1.79 on the loyalty card, now it's $2.49 on the loyalty card. Thankfully, it lasts about 10 days--12 if I eat the heels, which I'm going to do! *LOL*

This bread has fewer preservatives and lower sodium than most of the breads, so there aren't many alternatives.

I paid $4.29 for a package of plain square bagels yesterday! :eek: I wasn't going to get them, but they are my daughter's favorite breakfast food. They used to be around $2.50 earlier this year. :sad2: From now on, I'm going to watch the sales even closer, and not buy things 'regular' price if I can help it.

I have noticed a ton of stuff jacked up super high. So far, I've been able to stock up on sales for the most part, but some things amaze me.

1. Sunscreen - I was paying about $5 - $6 a bottle last year. Just the other day, I saw the same stuff for $11.29.

2. Yogurt - Even on sale this has gone from about 10 for $4 to 1- for $6.

3. Freight - I sell Britax car seats and about a year ago the freight to the west coast jumped from about $25 to $35. Now, it costs me about $60 to ship a car seat there.

I agree with the poster who said that s/he can't believe our government has let this happen. The government has sat there and pretended nothing was happening as gas jumped from about $1.29 a gallon to over $4 a gallon. This the cause for all the inflation issues.

I don't know if most of you will know what I am talking about; but you have to buy salt pellets if you have a water softener; I just bought three bags of soft pellets; Holy Cow!!!! They went from $6.29 a bag to $10.59 a bag!!! It's something you have to buy or your softener will not work and produce soft water, and we have hard, stinky well water. It's just one more thing we have to suck up and buy.

Shaving cream!

DH shaves his head so we go through shaving cream fairly quickly. Wegman's had a consistent sale of $1.50 (or less) for thier own store brand. Usually Gillette or other brands would match Wegman's store brand.

Now Wegman's store brand is over $2.50! The other brands are $3 or more--for shaving cream. I'm not looking at the $1.00 store Barbasol!

Last week grapes were $3.29 per pound. I think I was paying $.99 last year on sale. :sad2:

About a month and 1/2 ago they were on sale for $.99, now they are onsale for $1.49/lb.

Yep! Walmart just got me on this last week. DD needed them for a Spanish project. I paid over $3 for two peppers. I was not thrilled:mad:

Yikes .. that's like Red pepper prices!!

I have noticed DH's deoderant. $3.79 for one container ... he goes through it very fast for some reason. Time to start buying it at BJ's again.

not as often anymore....used to be about every other week for our Sara Lee (and at 2 for $4 to boot) bread...now I am happy with the cheapo stuff at that price. Though Safeway had their store brand for 69 cents a couple of weeks ago...I stocked up:worship:

I am a B-A-R-G-A-I-N shopper. I recently discovered an even cheaper bread outlet in my town. I get Sara Lee Whole Grain for .75/loaf. THey did tell me they would be going up to probably .90/loaf soon...but that is still a heck of a lot cheaper.

I do my stocking up at Sam's. Meat, chicken, veggies, milk, cheeses, pasta, etc. It's a lot of money at one time...but it lasts the month. I do a fresh produce run every week or so (bananas seem to go rotten REAL quick in my house - I have a ton in my freezer for bread).

I don't get why the government doesn't step in. WE are going to have a lot of very very very poor people with even worse diets b/c all we will be able to afford is Ramen's, Saltine's and water.

I just noticed the high prices this week at the grocery. Honey was $3.49, eggs were $2.19, coke was $1.59 a 2 lt, bread $3.69 (whole grain Aunt Millies). Unreal...the last time I bought honey it was .89 and eggs were less a few weeks ago for sure. So far Milk is staying pretty much the same.

I went food shopping yesterday and they had the entire line of Entenmanns on sale for 2.99 so I picked up the apple puffs for my DH. When he was eating one last night, I happened to notice on the box they were 5.29 regular price :scared1: I would never pay that, Thank God they were on sale.

I am a B-A-R-G-A-I-N shopper. I recently discovered an even cheaper bread outlet in my town. I get Sara Lee Whole Grain for .75/loaf. THey did tell me they would be going up to probably .90/loaf soon...but that is still a heck of a lot cheaper.

I do my stocking up at Sam's. Meat, chicken, veggies, milk, cheeses, pasta, etc. It's a lot of money at one time...but it lasts the month. I do a fresh produce run every week or so (bananas seem to go rotten REAL quick in my house - I have a ton in my freezer for bread).

I don't get why the government doesn't step in. WE are going to have a lot of very very very poor people with even worse diets b/c all we will be able to afford is Ramen's, Saltine's and water.

Same here, we buy our bread from the outlet store and pay $1.06 for a loaf of Wonder bread. We buy 12 at a time and freeze them in our freezer in the garage. We also buy in bulk at Sams and go once a month. It saves us a ton of money.

Salad stuff is out of sight! We eat lots of salads, but I think bag salads are a thing of the past for us - they've almost doubled in price. A bin of OLD, mushy avocados were on "sale" for $.89 each. The good ones were $1.10. I see why the old ones got old. Green onions, tomatoes, carrots - EVERYTHING - just awful prices. It's getting expensive to eat healthy. And salad dressing is just as bad. I'm going to go back to making my own.

But I've discovered a bread store not too far from us. I'll check it out tomorrow.

DisFlan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter