OUTPLAN-OUTPLAY-OUTLAST: a Sleepingbooty TR! New Princess trip update 4/2

There is a play area at the exit and it is VERY confusing. I got lost. Then I got squirted by some kids. I finally found my way out and found our group. My mom and dad said they'd found a fun ride that we'd all love. They said there was no wait to go on, and the girls would like it - no hills.:rolleyes:

So we followed them over to the Jurassic Park River Adventure. It started out innocently enough. Then it got a little more intense. Holy Carp, a dinosaur just jumped out at us - What the?! OMG!!!!! That had to be the highest hill of any plunge ride ever! I looked over at Scott and he was fricken and fracken - he'd lost his hat! Boy, he was P.O.d! It was his favorite Disney hat, and he'd had no warning to hold on to it. Very funny joke Nana and Papa! They sure got a kick out of it, anyway. The funny part was, if we'd told the girls that there'd be a huge hill, they would have been so worried and nervous. But since they didn't know, they were fine.:confused3

I loved this part of the story! "Fricken and fracken" -- :rotfl2:

Sorry that Scott lost his hat. I see him wearing one at the end of the day, did he buy one to replace it?

Reading your updates makes me wish I was there right now.... What a great day! That Pterodactyl ride looks awesome! I would love to see the Jurassic Park rides. It was one of my favourite movies growing up. One of these days I'll make the special trip to US and IoA. Maybe if (and when) my sister Bubba goes back to Disney again. It's a lot of extra $$$ for one day but it looks like a lot of fun!

Wait, so does Bubba have plans to go back, like to work? How awesome would that be?!

I love the photo of the girls holding G'Pa's hand. So CUTE!! :cloud9:

It is a cute one, isn't it. They love their Papa!:lovestruc

Great update, Rebecca. Sounds like a great day at Universal; glad you were seated early at WCC and enjoyed your meal there (unfortunately ours was awful and we never got to dessert) and I love the boatride over to the MK from the WL.

I love the family photo in front of the castle.

Thank you!! You should give WCC another try (if you like that type of food in general). We've always had good luck there.:thumbsup2

Great Update !!I too like the pix in front ofthe castle and at US of the CarroSeusal !!

Thanks Rosie! Yep, there are some really cute photo ops in Seuss Landing. I don't know why I didn't take more pictures.:confused3

Not sure if you're aware, but on continuously moving rides like the Haunted Mansion, when someone with mobility issues wants to ride, they have to stop the ride to allow them to board. If the HM stops when you're riding it, that's why it's stopping. If they evacuate you, it's broken down. If you're stopped for a minute or two, it's a disabled person boarding.

It was actually stopped for 5 to 10 minutes each time. Not sure what it was. I am aware that they do stop shortly to load and unload persons with disabilities, but I think this was too long for it to have been that.:confused3

I loved this part of the story! "Fricken and fracken" -- :rotfl2:

Sorry that Scott lost his hat. I see him wearing one at the end of the day, did he buy one to replace it?

Yep, he did. Beige, just like the one he lost. He's a creature of habit. If you go back through that post, you can see him in his first hat on the One Fish, Two Fish ride, then he's hatless and bald in the next few pics - then later at MK he's got his new lid.

Sounds like you guys had a lovely afternoon! The theming of IOA is really great-- I think some WDW people need to see it before they brush it off. The Universal resort really is spectacular.
Mmm, we're eating at WCC in August and can't wait!

Hi! I've been enjoying your TR. WWOHP looks like a lot of fun. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe sounds great, too. The boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge to MK looks like it would be relaxing. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

Sounds like you guys had a lovely afternoon! The theming of IOA is really great-- I think some WDW people need to see it before they brush it off. The Universal resort really is spectacular.
Mmm, we're eating at WCC in August and can't wait!

It really is great, isn't it?! Some of us (me included) are so Disney-biased that we don't want to give it a chance. I'm glad we finally did.

Hi! I've been enjoying your TR. WWOHP looks like a lot of fun. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe sounds great, too. The boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge to MK looks like it would be relaxing. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Hi there! Thanks for joining in! It definitely was!

Leaving in 24 hours!

Well, I'd hoped to do another TR update this week (actually, I'd hoped to have the whole darn thing done by now, but you know how that goes!) But its been a super busy week, and my Princess trip has crept up on me!!

Our flight leaves tomorrow around 6 am. No, I'm not ready. Way too many things to do still and not enough time to get it done. So, although I guess there are more pressing things I could be doing right now, I wanted to give one last update and let you all in on our plans.

Friday:
Arrive at Port Orleans via Magical Express about 11am
Check in, leave our bags with bell services, grab lunch at food court
Head to Animal Kingdom
Leave around 5 for Downtown Disney - dinner (CS) and shopping
Yeehaw Bob at Port Orleans

Saturday:
Up early!
Magic Kingdom - opens at 8, don't know if we'll make that
Main Street Bakery for breakfast if we do
Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Back to MK for the evening
Late night hot tubbin' at POR

Sunday:

Make it to Epcot in time to watch our friends cross the finish line (hopefully)
Tour Epcot all day
Dinner at Tutto Italia
Late night hot tubbin' at POR

Monday:

Up early to clear out of room, leave our bags with bell services
Off to Hollywood Studios
Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
Back at resort to catch DME by 5pm
Home to STL by 9:45pm

So, that's it in a nutshell. I'll be posting lots of pics on facebook - if anyone wants to follow along, I can pm you my info.

:cloud9:

Oh my gosh you're leaving already :eek: I wish my trip would creep up that fast :laughing: Have a FANTASTIC time! Now you'll have double the TRs to work on when you get back ;)

Rebecca, I hope you have a most magical trip. I will be waiting when you get back for you to finish this report and start a new one.

Thanks everyone, for the great send off! We had an AWESOME time - the most fun ever! I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life. The weather was beautiful - mid to upper 80's. We had great ride karma, and it was amazing how much we were able to do in just four days. Lots of funny moments and lots of great pictures. I think I want to start on this trip report right away before I forget everything, so I plan to just combine it with this one. I'll alternate chapters. Hopefully it won't be too confusing. I plan to get the first one out tomorrow, so be watching. Here's a little preview of things to come:

Princesstrip095.jpg

Rebecca's back!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Are you going to use this thread for your TR? or start a new one??

I can't wait to hear about all the god things that came your way!!

ETA: OK for some idiotic reason, I didn't see the text, and my page opened (or I got a little carried away with the scrolling) to the picture, and I skipped right over the answer to my question. DOY!

Glad you had a great time Rebecca! Looking forward to the TR (which will be right here, in this thread.) :laughing:

ETA: OK for some idiotic reason, I didn't see the text, and my page opened (or I got a little carried away with the scrolling) to the picture, and I skipped right over the answer to my question. DOY!

Thanks for giving me a reason to break out this smilie --->
durr.gif

:teeth:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I've seen the odd picture on FB so I'm interested to hear the stories behind it. I think I must've missed the point of the girl on the stick :confused3 I'm sorry!

Rebecca's back!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:rolleyes1

But you get extra points for going back to check!

Missed yall, can't wait to catch up on everyone's threads!

Glad you had a great time Rebecca! Looking forward to the TR (which will be right here, in this thread.) :laughing:

durr.gif

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I've seen the odd picture on FB so I'm interested to hear the stories behind it. I think I must've missed the point of the girl on the stick :confused3 I'm sorry!

Don't be sorry - I don't think I mentioned Flat Marcy, in fact I didn't do much PTR info at all. It'll all come out soon in the TR!

durr.gif

Alright, alright! but I have a good excuse! I've spent the last couple of days

APPLYING FOR COLLEGE!!

Yeppers, I'm going back to school, starting with Math for Idiots- how appropriate can THAT be? :lmao: All this to start working toward an RN. :woohoo:

I had the pleasure of getting caught up on your TR today.

Great job so far!

Love the photos and the story telling. And now with 2 trips, I know there will be many more udates to look forward to.

Welcome back BTW! Glad to hear you had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter