Out of the mouths of . . .

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
So, I'm planning our upcoming trip to WDW - we don't usually go anywhere else. My kids are all teens, now, and we've been to WDW numerous times, and they are still really excited to go. I always plan all the trips and they are pretty commando - up early/up late, go, go, go. I was mentioning to them that I am trying to make this upcoming trip a little more relaxing and with a few "sleep-in" mornings. DS17 says, "Mom, we don't need a 'vacation', you've programmed us for 'adventures'."

:thumbsup2 You must be proud! The next generation of WDW lovers!!

Too cute! My dd is like that, too--can't stand to miss an early morning. I wake her up early every day, and always give her the option of sleeping in, but she goes from zero to ready to go in under 5 minutes. In fact, our next trip will be 15 days :cheer2: during which there will be 6 little ones magic hours at the mk (early morning for fantasyland only). I asked her how many she wanted to try to get to, and she said every single one. Sniff, sniff. It brings a tear to my eye.

Oh, I hope to be so lucky as to have a Disney obsessed child like the rest of you. I'm slowly working on turning my husband into a 100% commando park adventurer... :)

My kids are 18, 21, 24 & 27. No one is married but we have one engaged, one serious, and one just dating someone, and one smart one (oops, did I say that?!) They all love WDW!! Their noses were really out of joint in January when DH and I went without any of them (first time!) We are taking everyone including BF's & GF's this December when my son (engaged) returns from Iraq. And the frosting on the cake is we will have two newbee's with us...how fun it that?! I will say though that they have learned to kick back a little since we started staying a deluxes.

My kids are 18, 21, 24 & 27. No one is married but we have one engaged, one serious, and one just dating someone, and one smart one (oops, did I say that?!) They all love WDW!! Their noses were really out of joint in January when DH and I went without any of them (first time!) We are taking everyone including BF's & GF's this December when my son (engaged) returns from Iraq. And the frosting on the cake is we will have two newbee's with us...how fun it that?! I will say though that they have learned to kick back a little since we started staying a deluxes.

I never even thought about how much fun it will be to show my kids' SO's the World some day (in the very distant future--I'm in no hurry!).

Looking at your signature, it appears that you've been regular visitors with kids in tow for most of their lives. So how was your first trip sans kids? Just this weekend, dh and I decided that our version of retirement must include a really long (4 weeks, give or take) WDW vacation. I don't care what level resort it is, as long as we can stay on property!

I always say to myself that this year I will be more relaxed and every year I get everyone up early and back to the room late. It's just my nature and I'm not going to fight it anymore. I know my family loves it, because I plan the whole vacation well in advance and they don't even have to think.

I am psyched because for the last five years I didn't have more than a couple of months to plan and get ADR's. This is going to be my first time going in April and I am enjoying every minute of the planning.:woohoo:

So, I'm planning our upcoming trip to WDW - we don't usually go anywhere else. My kids are all teens, now, and we've been to WDW numerous times, and they are still really excited to go. I always plan all the trips and they are pretty commando - up early/up late, go, go, go. I was mentioning to them that I am trying to make this upcoming trip a little more relaxing and with a few "sleep-in" mornings. DS17 says, "Mom, we don't need a 'vacation', you've programmed us for 'adventures'."

We have done the commando trips in the past with the kids, but this year we are going to take it easy:coffee: . Our theme is to do things we haven’t done yet. For instance, We are going to go see La Nouba, go to restaurants we haven't eaten at, check out shows we usually skip over…. It is going to be a change for us for making a WDW vacation an actual vacation.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter