• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Out of the mouths of babes - Funniest things heard/overheard at Disney parks?

During one of the rides with dinosaurs in Epcot (You need to speak it out loud to get it):

Little boy: "Daddy, why can't I see real dinosaurs?"

Father: "They are extinct, so you can't see them."

Little boy: "They're 'xtint?"

Father: "That's right."

Little boy: "But what makes them stink so much?"

I've mentioned this on a earlier thread, but I overheard a good one on my last visit. A little boy, about 7 or 8, was loudly proclaiming "People in suits! It's all just PEOPLE IN SUITS!" His mother leaned down and said, sternly, "We talked about this. Your Daddy still believes, so for his sake, we are all going to smile and pretend. And nobody is going to talk about People In Suits!" Daddy grinned sheepishly, and other parents around looked relieved.:lmao:

Oldest DD25 was about 4 when Little Mermaid came out. We were at a local grocery store walking up and down the aisles and she proceeds to put her hand on her hip and say as loud as possible - "Don't underestimate the importance of booody language!".

I thought the older lady in the aisle with us was going to have a heart attack - and then call DCFS!:rotfl2:

We took our DD14 to the World for her first trip on her 5th birthday. Back then she was absolutely obsessed with Peter Pan. Our first day of vacation we went to MK. She was very shy whenever she saw a character and refused to approach any. We were sitting in the square and Captain Hook walked by. She immediately stiffened straight up and marched over to the line. When she got to the front he reached out his hand to her and did the normal thing. She looked right at him, put her hands on her hips and began to shout, "tick tock, tick tock". It was priceless. He completely played along and started to shrink back as if in pain. It was hysterical! All of the nearby grown ups were chucking, and all of the kids were looking at her as if she was some kind of hero!

When I took my GD for her first trip, we ate dinner the first night at Chef Mickey's. Back then Donald Duck was signing autographs as you walked in. Of course he always signs Donald Duck #1. After signing he pointed out the #1 to my GD. She shook her finger at him and informed him in no uncertain terms that Mickey Mouse was #1, because WDW is his park. It was just the thing Donald was looking for, because he threw my GD's autograph book on the floor and started jumping up and down, having one of his temper tantrums. My GD being the no nonsense kind of kid she is wasn't having any of it and informed him very loudly that he was being a bad duck and to straighten his act up or she'd tell Mickey on him. He shook his fist at her and she slapped it away, put both hands on her hips and said "I'm not scared of you. You're nothing but a big overstuffed bird. Now behave.":rotfl::rotfl: He stopped his temper tantrum, grabbed her hand and kissed it. We laughed all week about her calling Donald a big overstuffed bird.

When I took my GD for her first trip, we ate dinner the first night at Chef Mickey's. Back then Donald Duck was signing autographs as you walked in. Of course he always signs Donald Duck #1. After signing he pointed out the #1 to my GD. She shook her finger at him and informed him in no uncertain terms that Mickey Mouse was #1, because WDW is his park. It was just the thing Donald was looking for, because he threw my GD's autograph book on the floor and started jumping up and down, having one of his temper tantrums. My GD being the no nonsense kind of kid she is wasn't having any of it and informed him very loudly that he was being a bad duck and to straighten his act up or she'd tell Mickey on him. He shook his fist at her and she slapped it away, put both hands on her hips and said "I'm not scared of you. You're nothing but a big overstuffed bird. Now behave.":rotfl::rotfl: He stopped his temper tantrum, grabbed her hand and kissed it. We laughed all week about her calling Donald a big overstuffed bird.

That is priceless! :rotfl2:

When my DS4 was first starting to talk, his first words were dada, mama and no. It was a joke in our family that we could be having the best time and if you asked my son if he was having fun he would say no. We have it on video - Christmas morning, trip to the zoo, etc., are you having fun? No! usually with a smile on his face.

When he had just turned 2 we took him to WDW. He loves music and one day as we were walking down Main St. in MK, the brass band started to play so we stopped to watch. DS was mesmerized. We then noticed the Dapper Dans were singing by the Plaza Restaurant so we walked over there. My son again was mesmerized. While they were singing, my husband started video taping DS and asked him if he was having fun. The answer - yes! first time ever. gotta love WDW!

This is precious. My DS was like that too. There was no "yes" in his vocabularly. "No" meant no and "no" meant yes for the longest time.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but it was THE most hilarious thing I've ever heard in WDW.

DH and I were riding It's a Small World and in the seat in front of us was a dad with his son, who was about 7 or 8. We had just rounded the first corner into the ride when:

Son: "Dad, what's a bl__ job?"
Dad (horrified whisper): "What, where did you hear that term?"
Son: "At school."
Dad: "Oh well that's just wonderful. But believe me it's something you don't need to worry about for a while, and you'll know what it means by then"

DH and I were doing the silent shaking laughter with tears just streaming down our faces.

You have to wonder...what was it about IASW that reminded him of this? :hyper:

In a ladies room in DHS...

Kid: Mom, how do you flush the toilet?
Mom: They flush by themselves.
Kid: WOW! Everything here is magic!

I took my niece for her first trip to WDW when she was 4, almost 5. I was really good about calling my sister & BIL every night and having her tell them what she did that day. One night, mid-week my sister said it sounded like she was having lots of fun, but did she miss Mommy & Daddy at all. Without missing a beat she replied "Well, I'm trying to."

She's 9 now and we still laugh over that!

I've posted this before, but we were getting onto Dinosaur when I overheard a dad talking to his DS9(?) Who looked terrified.

"You'll love it! It's just like Buzz!"

They were in our car, and the poor kid was petrified the whole time, and as he was exiting, he leaned over to his dad and hissed

"That was not magical!"

:rotfl:

I apologize if this offends anyone, but it was THE most hilarious thing I've ever heard in WDW.

DH and I were riding It's a Small World and in the seat in front of us was a dad with his son, who was about 7 or 8. We had just rounded the first corner into the ride when:

Son: "Dad, what's a bl__ job?"
Dad (horrified whisper): "What, where did you hear that term?"
Son: "At school."
Dad: "Oh well that's just wonderful. But believe me it's something you don't need to worry about for a while, and you'll know what it means by then"

DH and I were doing the silent shaking laughter with tears just streaming down our faces.

Omg : lmao: :lmao: I don't think I could have laughed silently at that one. :sad:

This is more cute than funny. Last night at Fantasmic by DD6 leans over to me and said "Mommy can you tell her to take her Mickey ears off I can't see" It was such a sweet little voice so late at night. We were on the second row so the ears blocked the stage. She sat on daddy's lap.

Two days ago at DHS. In the street near the Tower of Terror FP distribution location I heard a college age girl exclaim to her friends "I have not idea where the Tower of Terror is" I kept walking I hope they told her to look up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter