• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Out of the loop! Advice?

CelestriaSky

Earning My Ears
My parents own a Disney Vacation Club and we haven't dined on property in a few years. This year, the whole family is going (parents, myself and son, brother, wife and 18 month old) so my mom said we'd eat out 2 or 3 nights and of course it falls on me to make the reservations.

The last time we dined was 2 years ago. We LOVED Boma and thought Ohana's was pretty cool (especially for the kids). Are these two places still good bets?

Any new and exciting places we should try? We're also going to do Chef Mickey's - that's kind of a tradition for breakfast ;)

Thanks for any advice you can offer :)

My parents own a Disney Vacation Club and we haven't dined on property in a few years. This year, the whole family is going (parents, myself and son, brother, wife and 18 month old) so my mom said we'd eat out 2 or 3 nights and of course it falls on me to make the reservations.

The last time we dined was 2 years ago. We LOVED Boma and thought Ohana's was pretty cool (especially for the kids). Are these two places still good bets?

Any new and exciting places we should try? We're also going to do Chef Mickey's - that's kind of a tradition for breakfast ;)

Thanks for any advice you can offer :)

Both still good. Saana at AKL is new. Italy in Epcot has changed. Which DVC will you be staying at?

Kae

Both are still great restaurants. I don't know what type of food your group enjoys but Teppan Edo (Epcot) or Via Napoli (Epcot) are both GREAT choices as well! :)

My mom's home resort is Saratoga. We were going to stay at Wilderness, but a 3 bedroom Treehouse opened up. I'm excited about trying those! :)

Thanks for the advice! I'd love to try some of the Epcot restaurants. I'm trying to stay away from ADR's in the parks because I have a feeling we might all be going different ways - at least this way, we can meet up at a resort.

Both still good. Saana at AKL is new. Italy in Epcot has changed. Which DVC will you be staying at?

Kae

Ohana is one of the most popular ADRs. When DD and I went two years ago, we liked the food and had a great time. Be sure to make your ADRs online right at the 180 day mark before checkin if you want to get Ohana.

Well, looks like Ohana is out :( is there any way to call or is everything done online now? We can be flexible, I'm just having a little trouble navigating the online thing.

Some great restaurants are Ohana, Germany's Biergarten, Canada's Le Cellier, Japan's restaurant (sorry I can't remember what it's called) and Italy's Via Napoli. Those are the ones that we always go to when we go to WDW. Hope I helped!

I have always want to stay at the Treehouses.:thumbsup2 Wolfgang Puck Express at DTd is really good & big portions. We also love going to Different Countries around world showcase & trying different CS's.

Kae

Well, looks like Ohana is out :( is there any way to call or is everything done online now? We can be flexible, I'm just having a little trouble navigating the online thing.

When are you going? I take it you are less than 180 days out? You can always keep checking for cancellations. I was playing around with the online reservations system the other day and found a lunch reservation for LeCellier (also one of the hardest ADRs to get) for the next day. Under the Reservations forum, there are threads where people post ADRs they plan to cancel. You can PM the poster and try to arrange a time so you can be online trying to grab the ADR just as they cancel it.

You can still call in to make ADRs. The number is (407) WDW-DINE.

we did the treehouses with a group of 6 adults and 1 child and loved it. narcoossee's at the gf has a pretty good variety of choices to please a big group. buffets can be good if you have a mix of types of eaters. remember the treehouses have an outside grill and full kitchen inside available as well so a family cookout can be fun too. wolfgang pucks is a good choice as well. ohana's hasn't really changed much overall...there are good and bad nights as some have pointed out before (have seen food reported as dry at times). flying fish and yachtman's were both good dinners for us on past trips.

All hope may not be lost for Ohana, I snagged an ADr by trying several times a day for a month and got the exact date and time I wanted less than a week before my trip.

Other non park locations we've enjoyed include:

Cape May Cafe (Character Breakfast, or Seafood Buffet at night)
Raglan Road - nice boat ride from SSR to DTD
I have had a few nice relaxed meals at the Turf Club right at SSR.
1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian (Step Sisters at Dinner are a hoot)
Whispering Canyon Cafe has been hit or miss for me is the past, but fun for a large group

If the group doesn't mind the price, Hoop Dee Doo Revue is also great fun for a group (Remember for the price you get the show and AYCE Ribs, Chicken, Beer Wine and Sangria plus sides and desert)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter