• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Wedding Day ~ 3/8/10 ~ Ohana's/Grand 1/WP/Narcoossee's

Thanks, ladies, for all your responses! I'm back after a very busy time at work!!

Wow, the view of the fireworks show is amazing from there! How awesome :thumbsup2

We all had a great time viewing the fireworks from the Grand 1! It was a *grand* experience!

Great new post. The Grand 1 is such a unique experience that you will never forget! We did something similar on the last big family trip that we went on, and it was amazing!

Indeed, I'm sure everyone (especially the kids) will think of the Grand 1 everytime they watch fireworks in the Magic Kingdom!

Glad you enjoyed the experiance on the Grand 1, the photos are lovely. We are planning on doing the Wishes cruise on that on the evening of our wedding.
The cake looks fantastic. Look forward to the next installemant :)

What a great way to end your wedding day!! :thumbsup2

I love the Splash Mountaing cake with "taking the plunge"!! what a cute idea!!

That cake looks like the most delicious thing...ever lol

The cake rocked! I still think about it--and I hate to say it, but this one was waaaaaayyyyy better than our wedding cake! I looked for a pic of the "inside" of the cake, but I guess we were all too busy eating and no one took any!

I don't care that you are using my rating system :lmao: To me, it is easier to understand!

I love that you got picks in AKL with your wedding gown. When I checked in there, I wished I would have had pre-ceremony photos there, since it is so beautiful!

I'm glad you enjoyed Ohana's. We had awful service there, and DH and I were not impressed with the food, although other members of our group were. I think we may be the odd ones out in terms of food, but everyone hated our waiter.

The grand 1 looks amazing! I wish I would have done for our rehearsal instead of an Epcot DP!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for sharing your rating system. I thought almost everything would have got an "A" ! Only the +++ would have differed! I like this system much better! Sorry you didn't have a good time at Ohana's--I'd heard a variety of reviews of the place, but we took our chances and had a great time! AKL pics coming up soon!

Great reviews! I am so glad to hear a good review of 'Ohana. We are doing our welcome dinner there and there are so many mixed reviews.

The Splash Mountain cake is so cute! It came out really good.

yay I'm glad you started your TR!! I'm happy to hear you had a good review for Ohanas since that's where our Welcome dinner will be!

Everyone in our party thought the environment was great and the food was delicious. There was plenty of options for everyone! I hope you have a good experience, too :goodvibes

Can't wait to read your next instalment:goodvibes

Coming up! Thanks for reading along!

Saturday before the Welcome events we spent with DH’s family. Sunday morning and early afternoon we spent with my family. Everyone wore the t-shirts I had made, which was fun to see everyone enjoy the fruit of my labors!

smallshirts.jpg

In the afternoon, DH and I went off on our own for ressies at Tony’s Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. I love the “Lady and the Tramp”-themed restaurant! We went on a few rides, and then headed back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Now I didn’t talk about our check-in experience the day before, now, did I?!?! We showed up @ 9am Saturday morning at Jambo House (the main section of the Animal Kingdom Lodge), the time I had stated in our on-line check-in. They told us our room wasn’t ready—Ryan was staying in the value studio (aka parking lot view, but the cheapest for DVC points that time of year!). They were going to text us. Well, when we showed up at 3pm that afternoon, needing to get ready for our Welcome events, they told us our room still wasn’t ready! What! I hadn’t showered since yesterday and needed to get ready!!! But with a little pixie dust, a CM supervisor upgraded us to a savannah view room! What a great treat!!

Now Sunday I also checked into the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but the Kidani Village side, which I believe has all DVC rooms and is fairly new. The rooms are supposed to be slightly larger, which I thought would be helpful with getting ready the next morning. Thankfully we got right in. Our room was off to the side. My sister’s pedometer clocked it at ¼ mile from the lobby to our door. This was fine, but would prove to be a problem the next morning (suspenseful music should be playing in the background right now)!!!!
How do you rate a place where you wake up in the morning to see five giraffes eating breakfast?!?! It was amazing, there were subtle “Lion King”-themed details (the entire lace curtain are small images of the characters) and hidden Mickeys throughout the room! I picked this location because DH and I love to travel all over the world (but I haven’t been to Africa yet!), and I also considered our “first look” pictures. I knew I would love this location as a background for our pics, and Misty did not disappoint one bit!
Also, the day after we were married, we got a special yummy “gift” from the AKL staff.

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House and Kidani Village): 10/10

Some of our pre-wedding pics:

Getting ready in the room
smallroom.jpg

A "bridal" shot (acutally by the elevators!)
smallwindow.jpg

Our first look. Totally loved doing it this way!
smallfirstlook.jpg

A couple pics in Sanaa, the restaurant in Kidani Village
smallsanaalights.jpg

smalltree.jpg

And one of my most favorite--in the lobby.
smalllobby.jpg

(Can I just add here that Misty Miotto ROCKS?!?!)

Just caught up with your TR. Beautiful!!
I am so glad you liked 'my home' :thumbsup2 I am completely in love with it myself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter